• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official BOHICA? Black Xbox 360 W/HDMI, 120GB HD Coming Late April

Bildi

So if it doesn't include the hard drive, what the hell does it have other than HDMI and a new colour (glad I got white by the way).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
:lol :lol :lol :lol

edit:
So the black one comes with the hard drive for 479.99 right? OR are you all getting is a HDMI/Black color for 479.99? and the hard drive is seprate for less then $200?

HokieJoe

Bildi said:
So if it doesn't include the hard drive, what the hell does it have other than HDMI and a new colour (glad I got white by the way).

Wait, aren't they saying that you can buy the 360 HDMI w/120GB HDD for $479; or you can buy the 120GB HDD alone for $200?

EDIT: Wow, $200 for the 120GB HDD is insane either way.

Akira

While black 360 + HDMI + 120GB HD is good news, they need to sell it at the same price as the current premium to compete. This will only sell to the hardcore, a market that they already have. To expand to the casual market, they need to start lowering the price or else the competition(particularly the Wii) will catch up within the year.

i.e. They need to "copy" the Nintendo's gameplan with the Wii as opposed to the PS3's.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
HokieJoe said:
Wait, aren't they saying that you can buy the 360 HDMI w/120GB HDD for $479; or you can buy the 120GB HDD alone for $200?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing! :lol :lol

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Maybe they'll lower the price on the normal core set up? Drop the current core and make the current premium (20gb drive, etc) $299 (maybe $379, meh).

Core407

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
From Game Informer:

- Coming in late April
- Expected Price: $479.99
- 120 GB HD will be sold seperately for under $200.

$480?! HAHAHA PS3 owners get the last laugh once again.

Borys

Banned
WAIT

So what costs $479?

A black 360 WITH a 120 GB HDD? Or not?

Would one have to pay $479 + $200 for a black 360 with a 120 GB HDD or just $479?

Paging Speevy!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
$200 ****ING DOLLARS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

When accessory pricing goes mad!

Then again, isn't the Wi-Fi adapter $100 on its own?

$480? Phew, now I don't feel ridiculous for buying my 360 a few weeks ago. The standalone HDD price is classic BOHICA, so I guess I'll learn to deal with having a limited number of demos at any one time.

gogogow

WickedLaharl said:
At just under $200 MSFT is practically giving the 120 hdd away. You guys should be thankful for that price.
How is that giving away?
I can get one for way $100.
ofcourse still a better deal than the 20gig.

Flyguy

Core407 said:
$480?! HAHAHA PS3 owners get the last laugh once again.

Yuk it up for a console that has twice the HDD space and is still $120 cheaper. It's been awhile since PS3 owners laughed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WickedLaharl said:
At just under $200 MSFT is practically giving the 120 hdd away. You guys should be thankful for that price.

Is this a joke?

Mifune

Mehmber
Yay, let's split the market further!

360 is no longer a minimum of a hundred bucks cheaper than the PS3. There goes that talking point.

Top Bottom