• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever get any indication that we're getting character customization? As in, making your own character?

From their Q&A:

Q2: Guipit: Will choosing your class affect the story? If so, how much?

A2: MM: It’s always been very important to us to deliver mature and ambitious entertainment. It’s not going to be any different this time around. We want to keep the role system from the pen & paper version of Cyberpunk. As opposed to the regular fantasy set-up with mages, warriors and archers, we’re going for something different. In Cyberpunk, each character role will offer a set of special skills that will impact your stats in many different ways. That’s where the challenge kicks in, we want to create a game where character customization will be strongly tied with the plot. Now going from that, we believe that we can make a game where, with many different role choices, you will get a very strong, engaging story, just like it was with The Witcher.

Q3: Mihura: Will there be full customization of our character like a D&D game, things like gender, ethnicity, moral stand point, sexuality…etc or we will be restrict to something like Geralt from TW2?

A3: MM: We definitely want to give players way more freedom with customization of the main protagonist then they had with Geralt in The Witcher series. We are planning on letting them change their statistics, equipment, implants and much more.

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/270

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Sorry, but what's PnP?
I don't know what PRG means, but I think PnP is Pen and Paper. Think Dungeons and Dragons, with dice rolls determining damage. This was sort of cool in KOTOR (maybe KOTOR 2 also) since you could check a menu screen to see the actual dice rolls, why you failed whatever, how much damage you did and why, and so forth.

It would presumably be behind the scenes, but I don't know how close or far the Cyberpunk game would be from KOTOR style.

injurai

Banned
PC Only I think, don't know if they will release it on next gen consoles

Well they are a PC first company thank god. But if they can get it the controls to work via controller and their is a desire for it on console I'm sure we will see it get ported. More companies need to develop this way.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope it finds it's way to next-gen consoles... I don't have anything anywhere near good enough to run this.

VertPin

I heard of this when it was announced but nothing more. What is it and why should I be excited to play it? [:

i-Lo

pen and paper

I don't know what PRG means, but I think PnP is Pen and Paper. Think Dungeons and Dragons, with dice rolls determining damage. This was sort of cool in KOTOR (maybe KOTOR 2 also) since you could check a menu screen to see the actual dice rolls, why you failed whatever, how much damage you did and why, and so forth.

It would presumably be behind the scenes, but I don't know how close or far the Cyberpunk game would be from KOTOR style.

Ah, sorry guys, while I've heard of pen and paper and have witnessed it being played on big bang theory, I haven't played it myself. As for KoTOR, I know it's a dice system but I don't know how it works in detail (chance of hit and amount of damage per turn I suppose is determined by it).

As such, I haven't the slightest clue how the devs are designing Cyberpunk. Given their illustrious history with TW series, I'd say, the game mechanics may be very similar.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Cool, not expecting gameplay but at this point anything is nice.

iavi

Yesss. Just show me a few environments rendered in the REDENGINE (this time around it'll be dx11) and I'll be fuckin set.

I hate it when they make futuristic time so close to our time. 2077 is what, about 64 years from now? Yeah, lazers and space cars in 60 years.

I sure hope we get some idea of how it plays and a good look at the setting. It all sounds very promising and after The Witcher 2 I am very curious what they will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom