• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"this is my hole... it was made for me..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
shanshan310 said:
Its only short, so you don't have an excuse not to read it!
33 pages and I have to manually click "full size" every time?

You ask too much of me at 7:30 in the morning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DRR... DRR... DRR...

I recommend Uzumaki. One of the few stories to still freak me out when I think back to it.

Burli

Pringo
I read it, definitely creepy - the guy looked like a girl though.

I'd recommend it, but it all felt a bit abrupt - could have done with more fleshing out maybe?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
BGBW said:
DRR... DRR... DRR...

I recommend Uzumaki. One of the few stories to still freak me out when I think back to it.
Funny, I read it a couple of days ago.

It's fucked up beyond words.

Burli

Pringo
BGBW said:
DRR... DRR... DRR...

Hah, thanks to you I just went and read the whole thing - was, interesting..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I read this a few years ago, it scared the shit out of me. The author has some other good stuff as well.

SmokyDave

That was very cool, thank you.

I'd hoped for a little more from the ending but that was still well worth the reading time.

KAOz

Short bus special
Junji Ito's stuff is awesome. As another poster said, Uzumaki is a must. So is his Tomie-series. And Gyo.

Fuck, everything he has made.

The pages load really fucking slow. I don't know if I can slog through a comic where it takes 10 seconds for each page to load.

EDIT: Well, I made it through, it was a pretty enjoyable read. I'm wondering what will happen once the deformed people get back out, I would imagine they would all get out at about the same time.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Japanese horror is sooooo freaky. Glad I read it even if I'm creeped out! I'll look into the author. Thanks to the OP!

7Th

Junji Ito's works always make for a fun read... but I wouldn't really consider them as part of the "horror" genre, they're more like eccentric fairy tales with peculiar imagery.

Jex

7Th said:
Junji Ito's works always make for a fun read... but I wouldn't really consider them as part of the "horror" genre, they're more like eccentric fairy tales with peculiar imagery.

Nah, I disagree. Horror is, at least, something that is in someway horrific or scary for you. Jump out-scares are scary to everyone. But existential, Lovecraftian, messed-up horror is far, far worse for me. Also this is one of the worst ones for me, and I don't even have claustrophobia. In a teen horror movie some dude might jump out and kill me, but that would be a sweet release conpared to anything that happens in Junji's work.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Oh my god at "DRR DRR DRR" :lol

And yeah, this was definitely horror to me. Climbing into a hole, preying on ones possible fear of tight confined spaces and ultimately that fear leads to this twisted outcome.

Jak140

For some reason the visual of seeing all the holes in the cliff wall grossed me out more than the ending. Other than that, the thing that bothered me most is that they should have starved to death long before then. :lol

Still I liked it, and will look into his other work.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's not that creepy and it doesn't say
why the hole "gapes" at them, even though they haven't committed a crime. Plus, the first time, it wasn't doing that, they were forced in...
. It was okay, I suppose but that "Full Size" link was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom