• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Gradly

It’s a very charming game. I sold my Windows laptop and got a MacBook Pro :(

How long is the time exclusivity though?

Gradly

Likely forever, I think MS funded the latter half of development.

It's not timed. Xbox exclusive on console.
At least that's what they said last year.

it's an lifetime exclusive. it'll appear on steam gog etc

I remember the devs wouldn’t comment on other consoles at the time of reveal which is understandable. But the idea of the studio owns the game’s rights makes that a possibility though

Edit: I found one source:

https://www.nowgamer.com/destiny-beta-all-you-need-to-know-video-released-by-bungie/

When we asked Studio MDHR if Cuphead would eventually come to PS4 and PS Vita, they didn’t rule anything out.

“Our official statement is that Cuphead will launch first on Xbox One and Steam and we will consider all other options in the future!”

Van Bur3n

Lord, the day is finally coming. Been looking forward to playing Cuphead for a long while. The art style is too good to pass up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Moreche

I'll be buying a Xbox One for this game.
I'm just hoping the extra dev time to make side-scrolling levels was worth it.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
This is the only xbox/windows game I am really excited about. Shame it's not coming out for ps4.

I really hope I'll be able to disable the blur filter in a config file or something.

I totally understand its artistic value and I applaud the vision--but personally it just makes my head hurt.

EmiPrime

I really hope I'll be able to disable the blur filter in a config file or something.

I totally understand its artistic value and I applaud the vision--but personally it just makes my head hurt.

I hope it can be turned off too, preferably in the options so I can play it on Xbox.

Alastor3

The kind of game people hype wayyyy too much, just like NMS.

Im not saying it won't be good. I hope it's hard and not just 2 hours.

Electret

There is no difficulty option, correct? The authenticity and uniqueness of the art style alone makes this compelling, but I am worried the game will be a frustrating experience for someone who isn't great at challenging sidescrollers. Perhaps a demo will release?

watdaeff4

There is no difficulty option, correct? The authenticity and uniqueness of the art style alone makes this compelling, but I am worried the game will be a frustrating experience for someone who isn't great at challenging sidescrollers. Perhaps a demo will release?

I think there is a difficulty option. Then also at least one more challenging option after completing the game

They did an interview with member of team when they showed it a few days ago at gamescom and she confirmed it will have difficulty selection.

Didn't she also say the player has unlimited lives and the game automatically continues from where you left off? Can't recall but it sounded very "accessible" with harder options opened up once you finished it the first time though etc.

Fercho

I got my XBone in part because of this game. I already paid for it just waiting for the release. Playing this with my son will be awesome.

Top Bottom