• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo 4 Modding Tools announced (no, not official ones)

• Supports Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach Pre-Beta, Halo: Reach Beta, Halo: Reach, and around 8 pre-release builds of Halo 4.
  • Very fast meta editor (scnr, with invisibles, in under 1 second).
  • Updated meta editor features (quick scroll to reflexives, Jump To on tag refs)
  • Will get you banned from Xbox Live faster than Usain Bolt sharting

Looks like these guys have had regular access to Halo 4 builds leaked to them by naughty MS employees (or most likely other people who had access to these employees' homes).

Tunavi

Banned
Halo 4 Modding Tools announced (no, not official ones)

• Supports Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach Pre-Beta, Halo: Reach Beta, Halo: Reach, and around 8 pre-release builds of Halo 4.
  • Very fast meta editor (scnr, with invisibles, in under 1 second).
  • Updated meta editor features (quick scroll to reflexives, Jump To on tag refs)
  • Will get you banned from Xbox Live faster than Usain Bolt sharting

Looks like these guys have had regular access to Halo 4 builds leaked to them by naughty MS employees (or most likely other people who had access to these employees' homes).
wub wub

20121010222025.jpg

lol Not bad man! Aegis Wing is legit and holy shit a party of 4 right now :eek:

I'll be on Reach soon if anyone's down to play.

senador

Banned
Fuck modding and modders.

Edit: This was an asshole statement. When I stopped and though about it, modding isn't all bad. Main game devs get their start by tinkering with existing games. Many new games are spawned from modding like Day Z. I guess I just don't like online modders that cheat and I also don't think its cool that there seem to be Halo 4 modders already. That's dishonest and its stealing.

That would be nice. However, I'm not sure if there will be enough 343 members to form a decent team. I wouldn't mind switching teams and offering my backpack.
So if 343 are a player short you will make it four? Touché indeed.

Seems like every time I do that it goes misunderstood. It's something I constantly struggle with - succinct clarity.)

May I suggest the ancient art of haiku?

Looks about 12 hours old to me

In Hyper's absence one man must rise to the challenge.

I saw that particular screen at PAX. Real.

Yeah, I have seen it in a few online vids..I can't recall if any were direct feed. Im just saying, it was posted like 12 hours ago, was something we all saw and semi possible to fake. If it were real I feel like the guy would be posting stuff to prove it left and right. But Im glad it isn't, despite wanting to hear more details about MP, etc. I know its impossible, but I would love if this game does not leak ahead of time.

senador

Banned
Inwhich you could say

"Fuck online modding, and online modders"

c:

Alright that's true, I was unfair. I apologize.

The specific tool that was announced does not aid malicious online hackers in any way according to the devs.
Not sure if that will pan out, but I wouldn't go as far as blanketing all modders in that group.

Hmm. Well I don't think it's cool they seemingly have Halo 4 stuff though. Not ethically cool with me.

Don't know saw amazing modded content, of course I'm against modding and hacking in MM but love some goofy modded maps or gametypes

I haven't seen first hand modded content since my buddy had CE with modded crap. Was weird.

Computron

Hmm. Well I don't think it's cool they seemingly have Halo 4 stuff though. Not ethically cool with me. .

They don't. Did you read the article or watch the video? They are expecting(And are most likely going to be right) Halo 4's engine and tag system to be similar to previous versions, enough for them to be able to mod without completely rewriting the tool.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I haven't seen first hand modded content since my buddy had CE with modded crap. Was weird.

I prefer my Halo experience pure, but it's always fun to see what the community can do. It's sad that the consoles are so restricted as they are (and with good reason) so knowing that modders have to work without any official tools at all makes the end results impressive in their own right.

Modding and hacking aren't the same. No one cares about scumbag hackers ruining Live but modders making unique content and stuff is great. Just hope that there's some point in the future were modders get official support again.

Maybe Frankie can help me understand one thing, why can you still not have different color objects in Forge?

I still don't like the not being able to pick up grenades off dead spartans. Messes with the Holy Trinity Guns, Grenades and Melee to a degree.

Fuchsdh

Is that a tashi ceiling joke? Lol

Later on in life Tashi will write the next great American novel, about a man haunted by his failure to clinch an exterm during a crucial CTF game. The semi-autobiographical nature of the story and gutwrenching depictions of competitive blaining earn accolades.

senador

Banned
They don't. Did you read the article or watch the video? They are expecting(And are most likely going to be right) Halo 4's engine and tag system to be similar to previous versions, enough for them to be able to mod without completely rewriting the tool.

I prefer my Halo experience pure, but it's always fun to see what the community can do. It's sad that the consoles are so restricted as they are (and with good reason) so knowing that modders have to work without any official tools at all makes the end results impressive in their own right.

Modding and hacking aren't the same. No one cares about scumbag hackers ruining Live but modders making unique content and stuff is great. Just hope that there's some point in the future were modders get official support again.

Well, I'm totally being an ignorant asshole tonight. Sorry all, I try not to do that.

Top Bottom