• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered heading to Steam on January 29

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLXWUCE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Interactive Drama ? An intuitive control scheme and spectacular split-screen presentation complement the game's mysterious noir narrative.

Extensive Replayability ? With branching dialog and multiple endings, each playthrough of the game yields a different outcome.

Multiple Characters ? Take control of the narrative through four different playable characters, each illuminating a different perspective of the story.

Cinematic Score ? Fahrenheit features a fully orchestrated [check] score composed by Angelo Badalamenti, famous for his extensive work with director David Lynch.

Uncut version of the game ? Unlike the original North American release, Remastered contains all of the game's original scenes, uncensored and uncut.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered serves as the definitive version of the supernatural murder mystery and (re)introduces the groundbreaking title to old and new fans alike. Key Upgrades: • High-definition Graphics — All of the in-game textures have been meticulously recreated in HD for mobile and desktop. • Full Controller Support — Support for Sony and Microsoft controllers for desktop platforms. • Live Graphics Comparison — Players can switch between the updated visuals and the original art assets with the touch of a button.

The DRM is Steam.

There is also a mobile version coming.

Are these screenshots different from the original?

815eoOkkGnL._SL1500_.jpg

TheMoon

"Extensive replayability" looool please stop lying. I also don't know about that "intuitive control scheme" ...

The only fond memory I have of this is Sandpaper Kisses lol.

Ridley327

There was censored content? Hopefully they're not just remarking to shower scene boobs >_>

Didn't they cut the sex minigame in the original US release? I can't imagine that causes enough of a stir these days to get an AO again, so that wouldn't be hard to reintroduce.

To the people who haven't played this but have played Heavy Rain/Beyond, here's how I'd rate the Quantic games;

1: Heavy Rain
2: Fahrenheit
3: Beyond

If you just stop after you do the first half of the game, Fahrenheit wins. It is absolutely amazing up to a point.

GavinUK86

Well I already have the uncensored one not being in the US but I definitely appreciate the improved controls and visuals.

Love this game, definitely gonna get it.

Now Beyond Two Souls for PC
or PS4, either one will do

To the people who haven't played this but have played Heavy Rain/Beyond, here's how I'd rate the Quantic games;

If you just stop after you do the first half of the game, Fahrenheit wins. It is absolutely amazing up to a point.
Heavy Rain is as good as it gets, overall? Welp...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

I'm going to have to place Beyond above Fahrenheit. Beyond's story made sense and the characters were far more interesting. I know it's trendy to trash on the latest effort but the way Fahrenheit falls apart story-wise can't put it at number two here, IMO.

Ridley327

Looks like a re-release and not a remaster. That word has lost its meaning.

Well, there are these bullet points to consider:

High-definition Graphics — All of the in-game textures have been meticulously recreated in HD for mobile and desktop.

Live Graphics Comparison — Players can switch between the updated visuals and the original art assets with the touch of a button.

So who knows.

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like a re-release and not a remaster. That word has lost its meaning.

I dunno. They apparently have enough graphics changes that they are allowing you to toggle between the new and old, which would imply they've done some pretty extensive changes.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The balls go right through the wall and shoot up into outer space. There's shark jumping, there's fridge nuking, and then there's whatever the fuck happens in this game.

It's also why I'm so fond of the game compared to Cage's other games, it's mental and all the better for it.

When the main character (spoilers!)

Is in a leather trenchcoat and it goes all matrix and slow motion with the kung fu fighting in the air

I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10mins.

KainXVIII

And where is Omikron? C'mon!

Kezen

Banned
The only interesting thing David Cage will ever touch, even if it is deeply flawed.

Nomad Soul was really fantastic, great atmosphere, lore and story. I would love to see it remade.
Farenheit never appealed to me.

Ruff

I hope they remove the tiresome Simon Says aspect to the cutscenes. It's no fun having no idea what's going on because you're too focused on hitting arbitrary colors every 2 seconds.

Then again I don't think I'll ever know wth is going on in this game towards the end.

mrmyhthef

It's also why I'm so fond of the game compared to Cage's other games, it's mental and all the better for it.

When the main character (spoilers!)

Is in a leather trenchcoat and it goes all matrix and slow motion with the kung fu fighting in the air

I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10mins.

Yeah I agree. Amidst all the dumb plot development in the second half, that scene at least gave me a good time.

Top Bottom