• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2017 |OT|

Getting a Western Digital 2 TB Black HDD for 89 dollars from Amazon was a steal. I picked free shipping and it's actually coming tomorrow!

I'm pleasantly surprised.

We got:

Xbox One S at Best Buy $189.99
1 month Gold Live Best Buy $9.99
Destiny 2 Xbox at Gamestop $27.00
Ryse Xbox

Ps4:

Playstation Store: Rainbow Six $20 and Morrowind $20
PS+ Best Buy $39.99

Pretty good haul and wasn't planning on getting anything just yet.

I wasn't planning on getting anything either. Ended up spending 250 on philips hue bulbs and accessories, another 280 on a 1tb SSD, and a nzxt puck. Sigh.

Fbh

Got:

Ps4:
Nier Automata
Yakuza 0
Battlefield 1 Premium

PC:
Ori and the Blind Forest definitive edition.

Lots of other good deals and I came close to getting wolfenstein. But in the end decided to wait since It will take me months to play through the stuff I just got and by then there will be other sales

Mr Moose

If anyone in the UK is interested in Prey, it's currently £9.99 (PS4) & £11.99 (Xbox One) on Amazon at the moment.
I wasn't going to get it but... £9.99.

TannerDemoz

For a Pro a 4 games, sounds a bit too good to be true at £199?

Yeah it was, Currys messed up the price but handled it really poorly and cancelled everyones orders with no apology or explanation.

Offset of that is it must have turned out quite a lot of people complained because they've since emailed everyone who ordered saying they're going to honour the original deal.

500GB PS4 Pro with Fallout 4, Gran Turismo Sport, Star War Battlefront 2 and Knowledge is Power, for £199.

Link for those interested: http://www.gamesradar.com/woah-look...s4-pro-bundles-that-might-have-been-mistakes/

Brizzo24

I went to my local Gamestop b/c they had good deals, I had more than $60 on a gift card (from the trade in promotion a few months ago,) and my nephew had a $15 gift certificate from his birthday.

I got...
Everybody's Golf = $20
Shadow of War = $25

Nephew got...
Wolfenstein II = $25
CoD:WWII = $50
Ark something or another = $34.99?

And today I purchased Wolfenstein II from Best Buy, since I had $15 store credit, so it was $10.76 after that w/ free store pick up.

Not a bad haul!

Yeah it was, Currys messed up the price but handled it really poorly and cancelled everyones orders with no apology or explanation.

Offset of that is it must have turned out quite a lot of people complained because they've since emailed everyone who ordered saying they're going to honour the original deal.

500GB PS4 Pro with Fallout 4, Gran Turismo Sport, Star War Battlefront 2 and Knowledge is Power, for £199.

Link for those interested: http://www.gamesradar.com/woah-look...s4-pro-bundles-that-might-have-been-mistakes/

Wow, heck of a deal for those that got it!

SOB not only does Targets 11/28 20% off coupon exclude consoles but so does their 15% off cyber Monday deal.

No more XBOX one x through target. I shouldn't have been suckered into applying for their Redcard -_- total regret since I could've got a better CC.

Acrylic7

I bough my Switch early for no reason. Plenty of Xbox's, ps4, and Switch's as far as the eye could see at every store I went to. Next year I'm just going to order all of my games and movies online. it was kind of a waste. Unfortunately Walmart is the only one you probably would want to go to in person for some of their deals.

Bestbuy had the Xenoblade Switch controller on the floor but it wouldn't ring up at the register. Darn their up to date system. Also they had Disgaea 5 for $20 but since NIS America only makes 30 copies of each game a decade it was the only game on Bestbuy website that was sold out; in store as well.

Mooreberg

Target and Best Buy had way more games on hand Saturday than I would have ever expected. Running out Thursday night would have been a colossal waste. Managed to get Titanfall 2 Deluxe, Dishonored 2 (limited edition... from over a year ago?), Dishonored Death of The Outsider, Diablo III Battle Chest, and FFXII Zodiac Age Steelbook for dirt cheap. Combined with the previous Amazon and Best Buy orders and this turned into what I expect from Black Friday, just kinda scattered and with no need for immediacy.

How badly are publishers over shipping games that limited or day one editions are still on shelves 14 months later and even the Thanksgiving and Black Friday hordes cannot deplete a single store's inventory?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Any 40" or 43" TVs under $200 left?

I don't care about shipping cost since my biggest concern is import tax (100% tax!) to south America.

LOLCats

Banned
SOB not only does Targets 11/28 20% off coupon exclude consoles but so does their 15% off cyber Monday deal.

No more XBOX one x through target. I shouldn't have been suckered into applying for their Redcard -_- total regret since I could've got a better CC.

You can get 100$ gamestop gift cards for 80$ at Office Depot.

I was able to get a xb1x for 400$

Silvawuff

I'd highly recommend going in-store to Target; their online retail space doesn't reflect on the one you'll find in-store at all. I snagged copies of FFXII and Last Guardian cheap in spite of the website saying that store had none.

BondFancy

Going to be hard to resist the X, with that 20% coupon. Thank goodness they don’t have the TCL p607/605 otherwise I’d be broke lol.

You can get 100$ gamestop gift cards for 80$ at Office Depot.

I was able to get a xb1x for 400$

So I was a bit late on that since I found out late last night. I drove to 4 office depots. Only 1 had 4 so I had to be tricky in getting them. $80 off instead of $100 like I wanted. Still better than nothing.

Finally picked up my x1x. The girlfriend said "isn't GameStop the last place you wanted to buy it from" -_-

Anyone know how long the Office Depot deal is live for? Or if it's dead already?

Good until 12/08 I believe.

You may not have luck if they're out of stock by now.

I went to 4 different locations and even opened the gift card cabinet myself (you just pull it open) where they have tons inside and nothing on GameStop. Only 1 store had 4 which o was able to purchase.

HMC

Was able to get 100 off the 1X with the Office Max deal, and also drove out of state to cop the suddenly-sold-out-everywhere TCL P605. I'm pissed that I lost track of time and missed out on the XBL sale though...had planned to get 4 or 5 of the 10 dollar games (Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, RDR) Happy with the haul, tho.

pesaddict

Banned
Another black friday coming round who's looking to get what me personally hoping for drop in price for the LG OLED 65" E9 £2000 would be nice

While this thread is bumped - ill just make note now as the OP. I wont be making a new thread for 2019 as my second child recently arrived and I wont be able to put forth any effort or brain power.

So to everyone out there feel free to start up an aggregate thread for BF 2019 if you feel inclined.

Im hoping to scoop a Nest camera and thermostat, and some ps4/switch game deals

Last edited:
Top Bottom