• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN News And Announcements: 2012 Edition

Benedict

Full 12 for 12 list is live!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/16/introducing-playstation-networks-12-for-12-ps3-game-sale/

• PixelJunk SideScroller – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
• PAYDAY: The Heist – Regular $19.99, Sale $13.99, PS Plus $9.79
• Dungeon Defenders – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
• Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
• Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
• Eufloria – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, Plus $4.89
• BloodRayne: Betrayal – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34
• Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken – Regular $11.99, Sale $8.39, PS Plus $5.87
• Cubixx HD – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
• Sideway New York – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
• Rochard – Regular $9.99, Sale $6.99, PS Plus $4.89
• Okabu – Regular $14.99, Sale $10.49, PS Plus $7.34

Already own PJ Sidescroller and CUbixx HD on PSN and Dungeon Defenders and Eufloria on Steam.
Will get Rochard and maybe Sideway.
Not sure about Bloddrayne, Rocketbirds and MKAK.
Tried the demo of Okabu and did not like it.
Thinking about SFIII but have SSTFIV and barely played that.

Roto13

Turns out the Amy delay was kind of a good thing, since I probably would have bought it and it turns out it's awful. Metacritic score of 22. :p

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Store Update:
|January 24|

|PS3 BD Games|
Duke Nukem Forever - $19.99 (Still too much)
Mortal Kombat - $49.99 (PS+ trial available)

|PS3 PSN Games|
Scary Girl - $14.99 (demo available)

|Demos & DLC|
The Darkness II Demo
UFC Undisputed 3 Demo
Pixel Junk Sidescroller Demo

Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC - $9.99 (Mediterranean Maps + PS+ Trial)

|Minis|
StickMan Rescue - $3.99
Gold Medalist - $2.99
Bermuda Triangle - $2.99

|PSP|
Patapon/Loco Roco - $14.99
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge/Twisted Metal Head On - $14.99

La Puccelle Tactics has been rated by a Korean rating board. Seems it's a new PS2 Classic.

Roto13

PlayStation Store Update:
|January 24|

|PS3 BD Games|
Duke Nukem Forever - $19.99 (Still too much)
Mortal Kombat - $49.99 (PS+ trial available)

|PS3 PSN Games|
Scary Girl - $14.99 (demo available)

|Demos & DLC|
The Darkness II Demo
UFC Undisputed 3 Demo
Pixel Junk Sidescroller Demo

Assassin's Creed Revelations DLC - $9.99 (Mediterranean Maps + PS+ Trial)

|Minis|
StickMan Rescue - $3.99
Gold Medalist - $2.99
Bermuda Triangle - $2.99

|PSP|
Patapon/Loco Roco - $14.99
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge/Twisted Metal Head On - $14.99

La Puccelle Tactics has been rated by a Korean rating board. Seems it's a new PS2 Classic.

Isn't the "Komplete" edition of Mortal Kombat coming out next month for like $40? :p So dumb.

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Store Holiday Update:
Puddle - $9.99 (Demo available)

PS3 BD games (PS+ trials available):
Madden NFL 12
Kane & Lynch
Kane & Lynch 2
Mini-Ninjas

Demos:
Twisted Metal Multi-player Demo
Syndicate Demo

DLC & Other Junk:
Dead Island DLC (Rider Right) - $9.99
Pixel Junk Shooter, Assassin's Creed, Jak & Daxter, KOF XIII, The Darkness II Avatars
The Darkness II Theme

GeoramA

Full PS3 games up the ass ever since they cut game-sharing down to 2.

Too bad they're giant rip-offs, even with PS+ discounts here and there.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hoping to see SE put up FFXIII up in PSN. Good luck with the 38GB download. :p

Roto13

PlayStation Store Holiday Update:
Puddle - $9.99 (Demo available)

PS3 BD games (PS+ trials available):
Madden NFL 12
Kane & Lynch
Kane & Lynch 2
Mini-Ninjas

Demos:
Twisted Metal Multi-player Demo
Syndicate Demo

DLC & Other Junk:
Dead Island DLC (Rider Right) - $9.99
Pixel Junk Shooter, Assassin's Creed, Jak & Daxter, KOF XIII, The Darkness II Avatars
The Darkness II Theme
Do the Kane & Lynch games have online co-op?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Drop is live :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-new-releases/

If I'm honest, I have no idea what Daytona USA is doing there.
Guess they removed it from the post, but could it have something to do with the secret sale they have going on right now? I'm not sure why, but I got a PSN message from Sega sent to me on Tuesday notifying me I could purchase Daytona USA for $5 by clicking the link attached to the message. Is this the first time they've done a 3rd party sale via PSN messages or has this occurred before?

Volcynika

Sweet, didn't know about this game!

Final Fantasy XIII-3 – Cocoon, a utopia in the sky. Its inhabitants believed their world a paradise. Under the Sanctum’s rule, Cocoon had long known peace and prosperity. Mankind was blessed by its protectors, the benevolent fal’Cie, and believed that tranquil days would continue forever. Their tranquillity was shattered with the discovery of one hostile fal’Cie.
The moment that fal’Cie from Pulse – the feared and detested lowerworld – awoke from its slumber, peace on Cocoon came to an end. Fal’Cie curse humans, turning them into magic-wielding servants. They become l’Cie – chosen of the fal’Cie. Those branded with the mark of a l’Cie carry the burden of either fulfilling their Focus or facing a fate harsher than death itself. A prayer for redemption.
A wish to protect the world. A promise to challenge destiny. After thirteen days of fates intertwined, the battle begins…
Set several years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning…

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's sad is that he listed XIII-3 twice too.

I3rand0

:lol at the Drop mistake

I guess Sony is adding more retail full game titles to the PSN Store to make up for the lack of other content.

V_Ben

Banned
Not saying the price is not steep (it is), but the main problem here is that if I have a PS3 and plan to buy a Vita and want to play the game on both machines I have to buy essentially the same game twice.

...Yep. Popcap always does this, even on iOS. I have to buy PvZ on iPhone or iPad. The iPhone version will work on my iPad, but it'll look like arse :(

jvm

Gamasutra.
The Drop errors ... it's the new Wrestlers meme.

Meanwhile. What is the error? I didn't see it.

V_Ben

Banned
Yikes. My expectations for Vita digital are dropping greatly.

Don't drop your expectations for the whole system's digital offerings, drop them for specific publisher's treatment of digital. Maybe SCE will surprise us with their pricing of Escape Plan and Stardust.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
...Yep. Popcap always does this, even on iOS. I have to buy PvZ on iPhone or iPad. The iPhone version will work on my iPad, but it'll look like arse :(

You're basically paying for a visual upgrade :O

I would buy PvZ Vita for 10. I will hold off. I can't wait to get some good ole PSN/PSP games on my 32GB.

Agent X

Also, Plants Vs Zombies Vita is a launch game :) Bad news? It's 15 bucks. UGH.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/01/plants-vs-zombies-coming-on-vita-launch-day/

That's got to be the most expensive downloadable version of Plants vs. Zombies in existence. If Sony wants to position the PS Vita as a viable alternative to iOS/Android for casual "quick fix" mobile games, then offering the same game as competing platforms for 5 times the price isn't helping.

Who decides the price, SOE or PopCap/EA? (Not that it matters too much, as it's a mistake either way.) If it's SOE, then SCE should really try to keep them on a shorter leash.

Toki767

Pretty sure publishers decide pricing. I wonder when the vita will get $5 PSN games. I feel like those would probably be the sweet spot in pricing

Massa

That's got to be the most expensive downloadable version of Plants vs. Zombies in existence. If Sony wants to position the PS Vita as a viable alternative to iOS/Android for casual "quick fix" mobile games, then offering the same game as competing platforms for 5 times the price isn't helping.

Who decides the price, SOE or PopCap/EA? (Not that it matters too much, as it's a mistake either way.) If it's SOE, then SCE should really try to keep them on a shorter leash.

It's the same price as the PS3/360 version. I remember Jeff Green getting a lot of hateful comments when he announced the $15 price for the PS3 version on the blog...

Not sure if this has been posted but Susan Panico, the senior director of PSN, has just left Sony after 17 years. To be honest I think she has done a shitty job and think Grace Chen should get the boot too. Hope this signals a change in how PSN is run, more indie stuff, a more pro active approach to getting games on the service.

Lothars

Well the original PC version was 20 dollars but yeah it should be 10 dollars at the most and I think it should be 5 bucks.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's a catch 22 really. Would 3x the amount of people buy the game if it was $5? I know there would be more of a chance of me buying it on impu8lse if I was looking for something cheap to play and had money to burn.

I3rand0

Not sure if this has been posted but Susan Panico, the senior director of PSN, has just left Sony after 17 years. To be honest I think she has done a shitty job and think Grace Chen should get the boot too. Hope this signals a change in how PSN is run, more indie stuff, a more pro active approach to getting games on the service.
The whole department needs an overhaul. Hope Grace is next to go.

Top Bottom