• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Mac client?No problem, why Apple logo in Windows client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
This is now a horror thread.
I can just picture him....smiling eerily as he says that....so we start to back away, a little nervous....and he's behind us! Still smiling softly, still repeating....we open the door, and there's another one! Backing us into a corner. They're all still smiling, moving very slowly, with a Zune in one hand, and a multibutton mouse in the other....there's kind of a steely pallor to their skin....

"Eat Apple"
One of them grins, and there's bits of translucent white plastic in between his teeth.

9zvl21.jpg

Decker

Dovella, come ti hanno fatto notare, quello che vedi è semplicemente il browser interno di Steam che visualizza una pagina web (se premi il pulsante destro puoi anche vedere il sorgente della pagina a riprova di quanto detto)

magari un domani faranno delle homepage differenziate a seconda del s.o. che usi, tuttavia non capisco come mai tu sia così turbato da una cosa così irrilevante

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The_Technomancer said:
I can just picture him....smiling eerily as he says that....so we start to back away, a little nervous....and he's behind us! Still smiling softly, still repeating....we open the door, and there's another one! Backing us into a corner. They're all still smiling, moving very slowly, with a Zune in one hand, and a multibutton mouse in the other....there's kind of a steely pallor to their skin....

"Eat Apple"
One of them grins, and there's bits of translucent white plastic in between his teeth.

Either he doesn't get that he's considered more or less a lunatic or he fakes it. I mean, if he actually was typing all this for real... that's messed up. And if he means what he writes and still doesn't get that he's being a crazy person... then he'd need help.

With all that said I do want to hear how he'd justify the Zune.

dovella

Decker said:
Dovella, come ti hanno fatto notare, quello che vedi è semplicemente il browser interno di Steam che visualizza una pagina web (se premi il pulsante destro puoi anche vedere il sorgente della pagina a riprova di quanto detto)

magari un domani faranno delle homepage differenziate a seconda del s.o. che usi, tuttavia non capisco come mai tu sia così turbato da una cosa così irrilevante

Forse (sicuramente) non sono felice a spiegarmi. per me resta chiarissima la pagina web nel client di Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ . Ma questi TAB servono a sfogliare meglio le offerte per categorie , Demo , Video etc.
Mettere un TAB universale sia per Windows che per MAC , non è una scelta ideale.
Se io ho scaricato il client per Windows vuol dire che di quello che esce per Mac me ne frega ben poco, stessa cosa può valere per i mac user (anche se loro possono attingere a Bootcamp "se si accontentano di come e se funziona")
Mischiare nello stesso spazio prodotti per Mac e prodotti per Windows lascia un senso di confusione , la pulizia della nuova UI perde anche di "coerenza" .
Ti confesso che ho amato profondamente Steam , ma questo nuovo advertsing aggressivo autorizzato (a detta del PM che mi ha inviato il MOD) mi ha fatto perdere la stima per questo servizio.

Jme

I agree This is epic FAIL

Putting the Windows logo in the Apple client is equivalent to putting the pictures of Buddha in the Vatican in Rome.
Even if you may seem a trivial thing, you must remove the Windows logo from the Apple client.
In every forum / blog / site
you create real religious war between Windows users and Apple users.

I'm a Mac and this is making me blinded in rages!
124803f1a088.png

Chavelo

Hmmm, maybe he doesn't really understand what we're trying to say...

Lemme try google translate. :p

Dovella, stai postando sul sito sbagliato ...

Per favore, controllare il tag e avatar, e vedo che tutti più o meno in questo sito è tutto prendendo in giro da voi. Penso che avranno un migliore successo nel blog di Windows legate che qui, in quanto quasi tutti i posti di sostegno qui la decisione che il Mac è ora supportato da vapore, che darà una spinta videogiochi piacevole di supporto rispetto a console di gioco ...

Per favore, basta smettere di fare da soli in cattiva luce. : - /

cRIPticon

dovella said:

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.....**GASP**.....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol

And the earlier posts and YouTube link that shows OSX instability? You REALLY want to compare OS bugs/instability when you are on the Windows side of the house? REALLY?

If so, I have a bridge I would like to sell you......

In all seriousness, there are many people that dual boot their Macs, myself included, and it's great that I no longer have to jump out of OSX just to play my Steam powered games. The logo placement is ADVERTISEMENT. I wonder if you complain to your television service any time there is an Apple ad on TV?

Hmmm......

UrbanRats

Chavelo said:

Per favore, controllare il tag e avatar, e vedo che tutti più o meno in questo sito è tutto prendendo in giro da voi. Penso che avranno un migliore successo nel blog di Windows legate che qui, in quanto quasi tutti i posti di sostegno qui la decisione che il Mac è ora supportato da vapore, che darà una spinta videogiochi piacevole di supporto rispetto a console di gioco ...

:lol :lol :lol gotta love google translate.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
rex64 said:
sorry you guys, italian people sucks :(

lemme handle this :(

x lo stronzo che ha aperto il tread:
non capisci una sega smettila di lamerare e ficcati nel culo il tuo amato pc.
Ti auguro di morire presto e che il tuo cadavere venga inculato da un negro.

ps: il tuo inglese fa cagare il cazzo, vai a studiare sfigato napoletano terrone dimmerda.
So, your reply to a dumbass OP is a slew of racist insults? You, sir, are a complete, ignorant idiot.
Every person from Napoli or South Italy I've met (for those who didn't understand, he used "napoletano" - person from Napoli - as an insult, and "terrone" - racist insult towards people from South Italy - besides "negro" that's basically "nigger") is infinitely classier than you.

UrbanRats

Jocchan said:
So, your reply to a dumbass OP is a slew of racist insults? You, sir, are a complete, ignorant idiot.
Every person from Napoli or South Italy I've met (for those who didn't understand, he used "napoletano" - person from Napoli - as an insult, and "terrone" - racist insult towards people from South Italy - besides "negro" that's basically "nigger") is infinitely classier than you.
Agreed, fucking sad.

cRIPticon

Oh, and I am sure that Valve is not going to lose any sleep over your act of defiance. Perhaps you should create a new charge for your cause:

Remember, remember the...uh...12th of...uh..May-vember,
the sleazy Mac logo and plot!

I know no reason, the Valve Windows treason,
should ever be forgot!

Manp

so now dovella after making a fool of himself on pretty much every Italian forum is aiming for gaf notoriety?

will he get a tag? yup!

:)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
He's just trolling.

If he was serious he'd have uninstalled Steam years ago once he learnt the engine that Steam uses to display the webpages is apple-made.

Also, he shouldnt be using google Chrome or Microsoft's Entourage, both use Apple-born Webkit.

But this is irrelevant. He obviously has problems and is beyond reason.

nickcv

dovella said:
Forse (sicuramente) non sono felice a spiegarmi. per me resta chiarissima la pagina web nel client di Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ . Ma questi TAB servono a sfogliare meglio le offerte per categorie , Demo , Video etc.
Mettere un TAB universale sia per Windows che per MAC , non è una scelta ideale.
Se io ho scaricato il client per Windows vuol dire che di quello che esce per Mac me ne frega ben poco, stessa cosa può valere per i mac user (anche se loro possono attingere a Bootcamp "se si accontentano di come e se funziona")
Mischiare nello stesso spazio prodotti per Mac e prodotti per Windows lascia un senso di confusione , la pulizia della nuova UI perde anche di "coerenza" .
Ti confesso che ho amato profondamente Steam , ma questo nuovo advertsing aggressivo autorizzato (a detta del PM che mi ha inviato il MOD) mi ha fatto perdere la stima per questo servizio.

i feel like i have to translate it:

Decker just told Dovella that what he sees inside the client is actually the store web page and he is asking him why he is taking it so seriously.

here's the translation of what dovella answered him [my personal thoughts are in between square brackets]:

Probably i'm not too good at explaining my thoughts, but i'm not holding anything against the store web page (link).
BTW the client tabs [which are of course the same tabs of the website XD] are there to help you sort the product categories like videos, demos, etc... [dovella seems to don't fully understand that mac games are indeed another offering XD]

Display a jack-of-all-trades tab both for windows and mac it's not a good choice.
If i downloaded the windows client that means that i don't give a fuck about what's going on on the mac side [i think he cannot understand that a person may own both platforms] and that's the same for whoever has a mac, even if they can still play windows games with bootcamp, but that almost never works [he is just saying that bootcamp is broken... don't ask me how does he knows that if he never owned a mac].

Putting together both macs and windows products just mess-up the whole client and the UI loses it's coherence.
I have to tell you that i really loved Steam, but this new aggressive authorized advertising (that's what the steam mod said it was in the pm he sent me) made me lose the respect i had for this service.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Why hasn't rex64 not been banned yet? Does Red Scarlet need another Italian translator or what?

nickcv

Chavelo said:

google translate really sucks XD i can barelly understand what you really meant

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
True story:
My brother was discriminated in Rome because he looks like a Napolitano. :lol
Then in Milano because he looked like a latino.
He went to Napoles then, everyone was nice to him... thanks to Maradona!
They gave him pizza and wine for free just for being from Argentina. :3

Turrican3

nickcv said:
google translate really sucks XD i can barelly understand what you really meant
Well, just have a look at the output Italian-->English I got from the aforementioned text:

Dovella, you are posting on the wrong site ...

Please check the tags and avatars, and I see that all more or less on this site is all making fun of you. I think it will have better success in the Windows blog linked here, as almost all posts here support the decision that the Mac is now supported by steam, which will give a nice boost gaming support than game consoles ...

Please, just stop making yourself look bad

it seems it can "reverse engineer" what it did before quite well, it's almost more understandable now! :lol

UrbanRats

Valve just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about PC culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Apple store where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on PC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is PC Steam users, after seeing this tab, is not going to want to BUY GAMES TO STEAM again, nor will they BUY GAMES TO STEAM. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Valve has NO SENSE 200% with this move.
Valve, publicly apologize and close this tab or you can kiss your GAMES goodbye.
Obligatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom