• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeyes

Add another one to the list of "vocal" Nintendo fans. I don't necessarily want other companies to fail, but gaming is at its best for me when Nintendo has a safe enough position in the market to allocate their resources to a bunch of new projects. It's when they can allow themselves to be the most creative.

Plus, I'll always favor a console manufacturer that has a culture of always putting gameplay first instead of trying to deliver a "cinematic experience" or appealing to the so-called "mature crowd" with tits and gore. One look at Galaxy 1 & 2 shows who still leads the industry in pure game design.

we need something to talk about so people can lay off Sony talk in a WiiU thread.

GDC can't come soon enough.
I am really looking forward to the WiiU because the Upad solves an issue I been having with my vision. I have a nice HDTV and cannot even use it to play games because I can't see shit.

Hoping the UPad helps me play more... I am 3DS exclusive so far. Skipped Zelda SS until I can play it on WiiU :|

Hurry up NINTENDO

PogiJones

Banned
I think at this point, we truly will have discussed EVERYthing possible before more info is revealed.

Challenge accepted.

Cooking Mama: Wii U - A mixing bowl on the tablet, lay it on the table. Stir with a Wiimote using the tablet IR for more realistic stirring. Watch your batter form.

You're welcome, Nintendo. No idea fee necessary.

I didn't realize how close GDC was but it's kinda creeping up. Feb is basically over, and it's in the first week of march. Add in work/school/showers/eating/sleeping, it's really only 15 minutes away.

Zenaku

Enhance 224 to 176. Enhance, stop. Move in, stop. Pull out, track right, stop. Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop. Enhance 34 to 36. Pan right and pull back. Stop. Enhance 34 to 46. Pull back. Wait a minute, go right, stop. Enhance 57 to 19. Track 45 left. Stop. Enhance 15 to 23. Give me a hard copy right there.

Nothing like a Red Dwarf skit to liven your day.

HylianTom

Banned
I didn't realize how close GDC was but it's kinda creeping up. Feb is basically over, and it's in the first week of march. Add in work/school/showers/eating/sleeping, it's really only 15 minutes away.

I know. Mardi Gras is this Tuesday already.

Before we know it, we'll all be frantically trading pre-order gossip and analyzing E3 screenshots.

Rikkun

Wow, and I thought Sony Defense Force was strong and stupid in the Vita threads.

Anyway.. I've lost some of the latest (all) rumours. Do we know something about RC?
I remember reading something like we won't be able to play Wii games in HD, that's bullshit right?
And they cut GC support amirite?
And I guess we don't know if their store will be smarter than the one we have now, or if they'll make us pay for online gaming like MS, or if they'll make more DD games and port more old games, or if we'll be able to transfer our licenses from Wii to WiiU. Right?
(I just threw in all the things I'm wondering about)

jay

Does anyone else wish Toyota would go out of business so Nintendo would be that much closer to having the largest market cap in Japan?

Does anyone else wish Toyota would go out of business so Nintendo would be that much closer to having the largest market cap in Japan?

No, that's awful...
Nintendo should BUY Toyota and make the most amazing cars ever.
The Prius shoots blue shells.

shnord

Neo Member
I was thinking, it's possible that Microsoft is in fact throwing a good chunk more money at their console than Nintendo is for Wii U, even if it's true that the 720 GPU isn't much more powerful. This is how I could see the Wii U and 720 comparing, in imaginary Component Points for fun:

Code:
Wii U console total:  700 CP
          Wii U CPU:  150
          Wii U RAM:  200
          Wii U GPU:  350

720 console total: 1000 CP
            720 CPU:  300
            720 RAM:  300
            720 GPU:  400   (no point investing too much due to diminishing returns...?)

While Wii U could be comparable in terms of graphics, I don't think it's out of the question that games on Nintendo's platform could have lesser AI, physics, procedural animation, etc.. Not to sound overly negative; I'm still really looking forward to Wii U regardless of whether this turns out to be the case or not.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Challenge accepted.

Cooking Mama: Wii U - A mixing bowl on the tablet, lay it on the table. Stir with a Wiimote using the tablet IR for more realistic stirring. Watch your batter form.

Speaking of such things, have we gone over the possibilities of a Trauma Team game for the Wii U? Such a better fit than the Wii I think. The subscreen would bring back the tactile gameplay of the DS games, and you could even have some crazy AR concepts going on. It would be a killer app in my eyes :)

fernoca

Challenge accepted.

Dear Pogijones;
We at Nintendo appreciate your interest and support towards the Wii U console; but..

WE DON'T MAKE COOKING MAMA GAMES; STOP BOTHERING US!!

Sincerely;
Reggie Fils-Aime​

Agree with GDGF.. :p
Would love a Trauma Team sequel, with the touchpad. Best of both worlds. Would be cool to use when scanning doing X-Rays, you move the tablet over the TV looking for whatever you're looking for. Plus, cutting/etc. would be way better with a stylus.

I think there's great survival horror potential. You're in a dark room, the game tells you to look around for a key, you move the tablet around to try to find it, and when you hover over a certain area of the room OH SHIT zombie dogs!

jay

Speaking of such things, have we gone over the possibilities of a Trauma Team game for the Wii U? Such a better fit than the Wii I think. The subscreen would bring back the tactile gameplay of the DS games, and you could even have some crazy AR concepts going on. It would be a killer app in my eyes :)

I was just thinking about this last night. I agree completely, the Wii versions losing the actual stylus touching was a big problem.

I'd also like to see a Chulip 2 that requires you to kiss your controller.

HylianTom

Banned
Would love a Trauma Team sequel, with the touchpad. Best of both words. Would be cool to use when scanning doing X-Rays, you move the tablet over the TV looking for whatever you're looking for. Plus, cutting/etc. would be way better with a stylus.

Absolutely - the use of a c-arm/fluoroscope during surgery was the first thing I thought of. I've done plenty of cases in the OR using a c-arm, and there's plenty of potential for game applications. The ortho surgeon has to advise the c-arm operator until the camera angle is good enough for lining-up his tools, and then the surgeon has to drill or screw in the hardware at precisely the correct angles, depending on what kind of fracture and the location of the fracture.

Altus, if you're reading this: I'll gladly be a consultant - let's make this happen!

snesfreak
Banned

oh, boy
and just because of a worthless discussion =/
Hopefully he'll be back before GDC =)
We need more quality posts like this one?

I want Sony to become irrelevant.
I don't care how that sounds.
I want them to become what Microsoft is in Japan, a joke.
For all the problems Nintendo has had, with online and whatever.
I'll take them over any other company every damn time.
"599 US Dollars" is exactly the kind of shit that made me hate Sony.
Hopefully he realizes how bitterness and fanboyism have turned him into one sad individual while he's banned and comes back as a better poster.

We need more quality posts like this one?

Hopefully he realizes how bitterness and fanboyism have turned him into one sad individual while he's banned and comes back as a better poster.

Nah, he'll just do what we all do.
Clear our GAF cookie and F5 while thinking of great things to post, but unable to do so.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
He's the QB for SNES' team, the Bucs. It's an NFL-GAF pasttime to exaggerate joke about how supposedly fat he is, how he's distracted by food on the sidelines, how the Bucs spend much of their operating budget on feeding him, etc.

we cut Albert Haynesworth so now we'll be able to feed the rest of the team again

botty

Banned
Are there any eShop games that would also work on Wii U? (excluding the 3D effect of course.)

When I think of a game like Mighty Switch Force, I don't see why they couldn't also be played on a TV, since the bottom screen has no purpose besides being a radar. Having games like that available on two consoles (but one network) could make some developers happier, right?

Are there any eShop games that would also work on Wii U? (excluding the 3D effect of course.)

When I think of a game like Mighty Switch Force, I don't see why they couldn't also be played on a TV, since the bottom screen has no purpose besides being a radar. Having games like that available on two consoles (but one network) could make some developers happier, right?

I'm sure they could if they wanted to, but I HIGHLY doubt it would happen. They already addressed that they want to make certain this doesn't interfere with their portable market in any way. Having compatibility like that might cause some confusion(not that it should, but people are stupid). There was already a big mix up over the system actually being a successor or not right after Nintendo blatantly stated it was, so they want to be sure not to shoot themselves in the foot.

I would like it though. Sony does it in their own way with PS3/Vita cross connection, so something along the lines would be nice.

Hiltz

Wow, and I thought Sony Defense Force was strong and stupid in the Vita threads.

Anyway.. I've lost some of the latest (all) rumours. Do we know something about RC?
I remember reading something like we won't be able to play Wii games in HD, that's bullshit right?
And they cut GC support amirite?
And I guess we don't know if their store will be smarter than the one we have now, or if they'll make us pay for online gaming like MS, or if they'll make more DD games and port more old games, or if we'll be able to transfer our licenses from Wii to WiiU. Right?
(I just threw in all the things I'm wondering about)

- It was confirmed by Reggie and by a Nintendo PR guy that Wii U will not play Wii games in HD.

- It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would charge us to play online especially with the 3DS's remaining free. However, Nintendo has not commented on it yet.

- “Also for the Wii U, we are planning to introduce a personal account system compatible with Nintendo Network. With this, for example, the ease of using a video game system when the hardware is shared by multiple family members, which has been a challenge we needed to tackle, shall be improved, and we will also be able to construct and offer the system by combining a variety of different services and content.” - Iwata

- Nintendo revealed the Nintendo Network, a new and flexible online platform for Wii U and 3DS. It's basically Nintendo's answer to having addressed third-party issues over the restrictions and regulations on the DS and Wii's online services. Mario Kart 7 already uses the Nintendo Network for offering features like online communities and contests.

- Wii U will support with micro-transactions via Nintendo Network . Reggie Fils-Aime stated that Nintendo's own development policy is that it won't resort to DLC as a way to force consumers to pay to have a complete game experience later. Third-parties will basically be free to do as they please as long that they have a trustworthy relationship with consumers. In addition, Iwata said that they are also "considering the future possibility of digital distribution of packaged software aka software download sales." He pointed out that the concept is already implemented into the design of the 3DS and will be preparing the same for the Wii U. However, they have not yet started it (this was reported last month during Nintendo's financial meeting)

- According to Iwata, "If we can provide a system in which consumers can use such e-money," he said, "they will far more easily be able to make payments than by entering credit card numbers or purchasing the Nintendo Prepaid Cards at stores." In addition, Nintendo's shown potential interest in possibly wanting use the Wii U's NFC technology to make online purchases a more convenient process.

- There's rumors that Nintendo may have plans to offer a dedicated app store on Wii U and an e-card reader . It would apparently include an ebook service (Nintendo Power magazine, instruction manuals, strategy guides, and comics) and ported iOS content. So far, Nintendo hasn't comment on the rumor.

- While its not actually confirmed, Wii U will likely get Netlfix and Hulu support, further expanding Wii U's online features.

- In my opinion, the chances are very good for the Wii U to get more announced current-gen ports (both new and old). It has after all, become a common practice among third-parties as it provides an easy way for them to make a quick buck on the early adopters. It's probably going to be all the more tempting given how Wii U is apparently going to be easy to develop for and multiplatform support being used more often by third-parties. It's been worthwhile for companies like Capcom who benefited by porting RE 4 to the Wii which actually sold more copies than the GC version (300k more) and was one of the Wii's overall best selling core games. So third-parties don't have much to loss even if they only ship a limited amount of copies of some 360 and PS3 ports.

Jarsonot

No we don’t, but seeing as they’re supporting normal Wii Remotes, and there’s already two iterations of that one, I can’t see them making a third. Also Wii Remote Plus is fine as it is, they just need to make Motion Plus a requirement (also won’t happen).

I know a lot more people have wii remotes than wii plus, but I think Nintendo is obviously going that way.

At first I was going to say that a new console launch is a great time to start "enforcing" the new required regime of motion plus, but then thinking about it more... A lot of people have the regular wii remote - will they be willing to risk alienating all those people?

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. On one hand, motion plus puts a lot more on the table for developers to play with, and is obviously the way forward if Nintendo is going to pursue motion controls. On the other hand, the casual market space is huge, was arguably the wii's bread and butter. Do you risk trying to sell a system to a family where their wii remotes no longer work for wii u games unless they buy a dongle for each one?

Probable middle ground would be a gradual phase-in I suppose.

I for one appreciate the novelty of motion controls, and see that for some things they can be great. But man, I'm hoping that nintendo's pursuit of third party developers means that we can somewhat put the damn wii remote down for awhile and just use a regular controller. =)

(When I think of Nintendo games i love, motion controls do not make the list.)

I was doing this... (for no specific reason)

excel_wiiu75x0r.jpg

....and then it hit me that with the touch screen you can do this:

wiiu_pad_buttonssx1fl.jpg

Instantly realized I'm an idiot and closed Excel, saving nothing but my money to hand it over to Iwata and Friends, when they finally decide to launch WiiU.

If the accelerometer, magnetic and gyro sensors, camera and everything else weren't enough, the touch-panel - a first for a home console's main controller (probably others will follow) - puts Wii U's controller in a league of its own.

Devs, the ball is in your feet now.

Log4Girlz

- It was confirmed by Reggie and by a Nintendo PR guy that Wii U will not play Wii games in HD.

- It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would charge us to play online especially with the 3DS's remaining free. However, Nintendo has not commented on it yet.

- “Also for the Wii U, we are planning to introduce a personal account system compatible with Nintendo Network. With this, for example, the ease of using a video game system when the hardware is shared by multiple family members, which has been a challenge we needed to tackle, shall be improved, and we will also be able to construct and offer the system by combining a variety of different services and content.” - Iwata

- Nintendo revealed the Nintendo Network, a new and flexible online platform for Wii U and 3DS. It's basically Nintendo's answer to having addressed third-party issues over the restrictions and regulations on the DS and Wii's online services. Mario Kart 7 already uses the Nintendo Network for offering features like online communities and contests.

- Wii U will support with micro-transactions via Nintendo Network . Reggie Fils-Aime stated that Nintendo's own development policy is that it won't resort to DLC as a way to force consumers to pay to have a complete game experience later. Third-parties will basically be free to do as they please as long that they have a trustworthy relationship with consumers. In addition, Iwata said that they are also "considering the future possibility of digital distribution of packaged software aka software download sales." He pointed out that the concept is already implemented into the design of the 3DS and will be preparing the same for the Wii U. However, they have not yet started it (this was reported last month during Nintendo's financial meeting)

- According to Iwata, "If we can provide a system in which consumers can use such e-money," he said, "they will far more easily be able to make payments than by entering credit card numbers or purchasing the Nintendo Prepaid Cards at stores." In addition, Nintendo's shown potential interest in possibly wanting use the Wii U's NFC technology to make online purchases a more convenient process.

- There's rumors that Nintendo may have plans to offer a dedicated app store on Wii U and an e-card reader . It would apparently include an ebook service (Nintendo Power magazine, instruction manuals, strategy guides, and comics) and ported iOS content. So far, Nintendo hasn't comment on the rumor.

- While its not actually confirmed, Wii U will likely get Netlfix and Hulu support, further expanding Wii U's online features. Apparently, the Wii's the most popular current-gen console for netflix users so Nintendo's relationship with those entertainment services

- In my opinion, the chances are very good for the Wii U to get more announced current-gen ports (both new and old). It has after all, become a common practice among third-parties as it provides an easy way for them to make a quick buck on the early adopters. It's probably going to be all the more tempting given how Wii U is apparently going to be easy to develop for and multiplatform support being used more often by third-parties. Capcom benefited by porting RE 4 to the Wii which actually sold more copies than the GC version (300k more) and was one of the Wii's overall best selling games. So they really don't have much to loss even if they only ship a limited amount of copies.

I think the Wii U's long term success will be tied to the strength of its app store.

I was doing this... (for no specific reason)

excel_wiiu75x0r.jpg

....and then it hit me that with the touch screen you can do this:

wiiu_pad_buttonssx1fl.jpg

Instantly realized I'm an idiot and closed Excel, saving nothing but my money to hand it over to Iwata and Friends, when they finally decide to launch WiiU.

If the accelerometer, magnetic and gyro sensors, camera and everything else weren't enough, the touch-panel - a first for a home console's main controller (probably others will follow) - puts Wii U's controller in a league of its own.

Devs, the ball is in your feet now.

Well, nothing but that screencap of your work, anyway....

Terrell

Aren't the words "Reggie" and "PR guy" one in the same?

In all fairness, they could have been talking about it not being possible on the current dev kits of that moment.

If they release GameCube titles as VC content, it would require a per-game software emulation method anyways, may as well optimize those for HD. But if they do it for GameCube games, having Wii titles right next to them looking worse than stuff from 10 years ago would be an embarrassment.

we need something to talk about so people can lay off Sony talk in a WiiU thread.

GDC can't come soon enough.
I am really looking forward to the WiiU because the Upad solves an issue I been having with my vision. I have a nice HDTV and cannot even use it to play games because I can't see shit.

Hoping the UPad helps me play more... I am 3DS exclusive so far. Skipped Zelda SS until I can play it on WiiU :|

Hurry up NINTENDO

I keep reading about GDC in this thread. Why can't it come soon enough? Nintendo isn't going to reveal anything too big there with E3 right around the corner are they? Sure Nintendo is going to be there, but they were at CES too. Is Iwata going to speak there? If not I fail to see how much information we are going to get about the Wii U without him having a keynote speech or something.

I keep reading about GDC in this thread. Why can't it come soon enough? Nintendo isn't going to reveal anything too big there with E3 right around the corner are they? Sure Nintendo is going to be there, but they were at CES too. Is Iwata going to speak there? If not I fail to see how much information we are going to get about the Wii U without him having a keynote speech or something.

don't kill the dream of a new huge thread full of blowout WiiU (or new name here) news

they have to say something or I'm buying a Vita :(

It'll be $99 by the end of the summer. No question.
You don't think they'll stop by $129? GameCube skipped it, but that was disaster mode, not end-of-generation coasting.
blu said:
I strongly disagree with the long-term prospect: markets that turn into stable monopolies are doomed in the long term.
Sony going away wouldn't mean a long-term monopoly any more than when Sega went away. Hell, if we went to the extreme and pretended every PS3 sale was instead an additional Wii sale, it would still only be ~PS2 level dominant.

z0m3le

Banned
So, I read every page and every post before I post, I think I'll just read the previous page from now on so I can become part of the discussion. My posts are always days apart, and I'll never get rid of this junior title if I don't.

Wii launch:

So, let me comment on the last 20 pages or so, I was 21 when the Wii launched (same age as ACE who doesn't have this thread posting problem, maybe I should ask him to teach me.) I've played video games since I was 4 (at least by myself) I have 2 older bothers, so there was always a console in my house. I've owned every Nintendo console home and portable, that includes VB. First game I ever beat was Gradius, followed by Zelda 2. I still remember beating Gradius lol don't know if anyone remembers beating their first game, but it was a big accomplishment for me. Anyways I fell in love with games so bad that now I am attempting to make my own, thanks to Android and iOS.

I really think Reversible covers should be standard with games with large fan bases, and hopefully anything from Monolith.

Console Specs: (am I up to date?)

CPU: 3.5ghz 3 cores? IBM power7-based custom /w 32MB edram.
GPU: If 40nm; based on HD4870 ~1.2Gflops / If 28nm; based on HD7770 ~1.2Gflops
Ram: >1GB; most likely looking at 1.5GB GDDR3 (unless GDDR5 prices work out better in the long run as GDDR3 will likely be scarce during this consoles life span.
HDD: Minimum 8GB flash, my best guess however is 16GB flash to ensure Gamecube downloads + DLC.

Wii U market leader:

Wii U or whatever it ends up being named could easily dominate the market this upcoming gen thanks to a year head start, I think this will likely come down to two things, Devs multiplating their games to it early on, and Nintendo getting out their big hitters, if Wii U can sell out for the first 6 months, than there is a good chance the market will expect it to succeed the Wii in all fashions, Sony might even help Nintendo accomplish this by not releasing PS4 before 2014... Think about this, if Wii U has a year head start, and Xbox3 comes out ~10m-15m consoles behind Wii U, and Xbox3 isn't even twice as powerful as Wii U (right now it's ~20% more powerful by our best rumors, ending up only 1.5x stronger if it does, won't push it into looking much different and will end up leaving Wii U as the base console for the generation because PS4 is still a 2014 console.) Devs will likely focus all their engines at working on Wii U- down porting to 360, PS3 and cross porting to Xbox3.

Game industry's future outlook:

I don't think Sony should go third party, there isn't much money there for them, I mean it would make no sense for them to pull out of the hardware business, Playstation while being stained is Sony's strongest brand, so as long as they don't bankrupt I see them sticking it out, however I do see Apple eventually pushing its way into the market more forcibly in the future, between Apple TV (the actual TV we will see this year) and their "i" products, I can see them getting ports of bigger games, hopefully apple creates a classic controller of sorts, or they could really hurt gaming, I think Nintendo putting a tablet in their controller really is the best way to combat Apple's encroachment, and even puts pressure on Vita's better graphics handheld at the same time.

Wii U local multiplayer hopes:

I don't see why Nintendo can't release a 3DSxl in 2013 that would have a widescreen on top that is around the same size as the Upad's 6.2inch screen, all it would really need is to match the resolution with something that is >5" on the top screen, you could even use the Wii U to play 3D versions of your game through the new handheld, it would sync locally only obviously, and when you take it with you, you'd have a large 3DS with a bigger battery, sure it would be a premium model, and sell @ ~$200 but I think it would be a very cool option for a 3rd and 4th player. This should be Nintendo's ultimate syncing goal with their handheld meets home console, and it should be very very big in japan.

don't kill the dream of a new huge thread full of blowout WiiU (or new name here) news

they have to say something or I'm buying a Vita :(

Haha, ;)

Seriously though I want them to spill the beans on some basics myself, but to spill too much so close to E3 would kind of ruin the impact E3 would have. They don't want to have information overload at E3 either so sometimes they announce things ahead of E3 to get it out of the way before the main event. Maybe they will announce they are using Steam/Origin for the backbone of the Nintendo Network. That would be exciting no? That's been speculated before and it wouldn't come as a big suprise to get it out of the way before E3. The Re-revealing of the Wii U at E3 has to have maximum impact to make people forget how awful last E3 was when it was first shown. To do that the big guns aint coming out till then imo.

Mokka

Neo Member
Haha, ;)

Seriously though I want them to spill the beans on some basics myself, but to spill too much so close to E3 would kind of ruin the impact E3 would have. They don't want to have information overload at E3 either so sometimes they announce things ahead of E3 to get it out of the way before the main event. Maybe they will announce they are using Steam/Origin for the backbone of the Nintendo Network. That would be exciting no? That's been speculated before and it's wouldn't come as a big suprise to get it out of the way before E3. The Re-revealing of the Wii U at E3 has to have maximum impact to make people forget how awful last E3 was when it was first shown. To do that the big guns aint coming out till then imo.

Maybe I'm the only one but I didn't think last years E3 presentation was awful.
On the other hand I am also part of the minority who watched the whole presentation and not just the marketing video in the middle of it. Therefore I didn't question if it was an add-on for Wii or a new console.

On the other hand I am also part of the minority who watched the whole presentation and not just the marketing video in the middle of it. Therefore I didn't question if it was an add-on for Wii or a new console.

Yeah, it didn't confuse me at all, but they kept showing videos of Wii like games with Wii like graphics. On top of that they showed PS3/Xbox 360 trailers of games coming to Wii U. Sure we got to see the functionality of the the Wii U tablet, but I don't think that was enough and Nintendo knows it. That's why Iwata appologized for the introduction. He is a smart business man and he knows they screwed up when they first revealed the Wii U. When they re-introduce the Wii U at E3 expect bigger and better things baby!

z0m3le

Banned

I'm with you Mokka, I thought it was pretty exciting, I'm also glad they won't upgrade Miis too much, I think some of the backlash came from the look of those games, while the look will overall improve, I don't want my Mii to not have it's silly look, I can always trust Nintendo to understand those sort of things though.

I think the only e3 I really didn't like from Nintendo was the Wii Fit e3... as long as they don't do that or go insane like MS in 2010? with the weird as hell presentation where they basically had to give everyone a free xbox slim to save themselves from exile, I will be happy with e3.

Yeah, it didn't confuse me at all, but they kept showing videos of Wii like games with Wii like graphics. On top of that they showed PS3/Xbox 360 trailers of games coming to Wii U. Sure we got to see the functionality of the the Wii U tablet, but I don't think that was enough and Nintendo knows it. That's why Iwata appologized for the introduction. He is a smart business man and he knows they screwed up when they first revealed the Wii U. When they re-introduce the Wii U at E3 expect bigger and better things baby!

Iwata apologized because people literally thought it was an add-on, he didn't focus enough on the box, I agree with you that this year will be huge, we will likely see trailers for the next Mario, I am not sure about Zelda yet, but what Retro is working on has me excited, just these big devs saying that this is going to be their crowning achievement has my hype level through the roof for it. Hopefully it ushers in a new IP for Nintendo at a similar level to Mario, Zelda, Metroid.

15 Days till GDC :p

Speaking of which, I reckon Nintendo at GDC may show some new stuff for 3DS - i.e. launch dates, footage and details for already announced games and new unannounced games - keeping secretive about WiiU until E3.

I would like them to show off WiiU just because I cannot stand the hype anymore, but thinking of it rationally, right now it's 3DS that needs more steam in order to keep the momentum - that's to say they need to announce some big titles for Q3 and Q4 2012 - furthermore IIRC they stated it clear that they were going to reveal WiiU at E3, so I wouldn't put my hopes too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom