• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey - 10/10 from Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Cappy’s Russian Election Shenanigan Theory

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Mario’s Death. Peach’s New Spouse

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Bust a CAP on that Goomba

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
DL8AhPkX4AECzWB.jpg

Why isn't this in the OT?
Yo

traveler

Not Wario
Uh..yeah I think I got the pun I was saying to the guy who asked why even put the "ALL CAPS" part in the title and spell it out, I was saying because then theres no pun

No I get the pun. I'm just saying putting the title in all caps suffices. You don't have to spell it out.

mrmickfran

I vote for ALL CAPS

Also, why are people complaining about the length of this thread? Isn't the point of a forum to discuss things?

I haven't read the review, but someone told me the review says (I'm paraphrasing here, and also spoilering it just in case):
that you get to see and catpure the T-Rex very very VERY early on, making you wonder if Nintendo did it because they know they have something even more awesome coming later, and then the writer goes on to say that indeed they do,
which totally BLOWS MY MIND.

After that I told them to stop talking cuz I'm not sure I can handle more hype.

KrawlMan

No I get the pun. I'm just saying putting the title in all caps suffices. You don't have to spell it out.

Because without actually spelling it out, the fact that it's all caps isn't that much of a stand-out aspect. Looking at recent history of OTs, plenty of other games (excluding acronyms) have used all caps and not stood out:

CIVILIZATION VI
HITMAN
SUPERBEAT: XONiC
TEKKEN 7
MARIO + RABBIDS
etc.

Now it could be that these games all use capital letters in their actual logo...well, funny enough so does Super Mario Odyssey.

I haven't read the review, but someone told me the review says (I'm paraphrasing here, and also spoilering it just in case):
that you get to see and catpure the T-Rex very very VERY early on, making you wonder if Nintendo did it because they know they have something even more awesome coming later, and then the writer goes on to say that indeed they do,
which totally BLOWS MY MIND.

After that I told them to stop talking cuz I'm not sure I can handle more hype.

What if you capture Bowser and walk him into a lava pit

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

Realeza

Banned
I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

Yeah, I only expect another 80 perfect scores or so.

ghibli99

How can you claim to be the biggest Mario fan here and not be extremely excited for this game? Doesn't compute.

I was going to make a joke earlier about how skeptical you'd be about this review but I wondered if your tenor had changed since the reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom