• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8's Soundtrack is Amazing

Richie

You forgot my favorite moment of the Direct, OP!

Dolphin Shoals

The saxophone to win my soul.

EDIT: Thanks, OP! Between this and DKCTF, Nintendo needs to start releasing OSTs a.s.a.p!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I will never get tired of the MK64 raceway theme. Kind of a shame that with this we won't hear it again unless they reuse retro tracks in the future.

Really though Nintendos been killing it with the music in their games. Even crappy games like mario and sonic at the sochi olympics had awesome music. Right now they're to me what squaresoft was in its glory days regarding their soundtracks.

Lunar15

Nintendo freakin' KILLING it on soundtracks.

Soundtracks in general have been way way up in quality as of late, in my opinion.

Azure J

Bowser's Castle reminds me both of Super Mario 3D World and Outlaw Star. How the fuck does that work? :lol

Edit: Hot DAMN I love the new instrumentation for Toad's Turnpike. DS Tick Tock Clock is also beautifully playful. It also makes me crave a new Paper Mario.

RK128

Man, this has to be the most surprising part about this game to me :).

I did not expect to be impressed with a Mario Kart soundtrack...but man, they really pulled all the stops out for this (close to Mario 3D World and DKC: TF in terms of soundtrack quality :O!)

Great job Nintendo :).

braves01

Banned
Tick Tock Clock is great. Nintendo's gonna clean up soundtrack of the year awards if it keeps putting out stuff like this and Donkey Kong.

Much jazz, so violin, such saxophone.

Sounds great. I agree nintendo OSTs have been great recently, the Sochi Winter Olympics being a hidden gem. Maybe they will obtain Sega status where the games can be awful but the music is always good?

Who's the composer?

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
I need to put this shit on my iPad.
Much jazz, so violin, such saxophone.

Sounds great. I agree nintendo OSTs have been great recently, the Sochi Winter Olympics being a hidden gem. Maybe they will obtain Sega status where the games can be awful but the music is always good?

Who's the composer?

I mean, what Nintendo game is awful, exactly?

This game so far seems to exude nothing but QUALITY. I was beyond floored while watching the direct and listening to these songs.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I really wish Nintendo would release their game soundtracks on iTunes. It would be easy money.

Nintendo always enthralls and delights with game music. They are some of the best out there with this and their composers are adept masters of melodic brilliance.

Formless

Liking the jazz/big band stuff from Nintendo lately. It's like that phase Capcom had in the late 90s/early 00s.

Terrell

I hope Nintendo never loses its love affair of big band OSTs. Simply a joy to listen to.

Agreed. Some of the best music for video games is the stuff that you don't hear anymore. From big band in MK8 to the elements of jazz and ragtime in prior SMB soundtracks which are NOTABLY missing from modern iterations.

Tick Tock Clock is great. Nintendo's gonna clean up soundtrack of the year awards if it keeps putting out stuff like this and Donkey Kong.

Depends who's giving the awards.

Top Bottom