• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing about Ni No Kuni 2 is that Sony's own unveil labels are so unreliable.

IIRC, it was revealed with a PS4 console debut label but also a console exclusive label. We know the first one isn't true because it's simultaneous PS4/PC release.

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? ��

One day I believe these labels will become somewhat accurate. Maybe.

Actually the first one would also be true since Console Debut would not negate a day and date PC version since PC is not technically a console in companies eyes. But ya the whole label thing is just a mess.

DKHF

IGN haven't really gotten big and/or surprising exclusives in their last few trips to Japan so I'm not expecting big surprises from this. I guess the Atlus one could be some P5 DLC, from Platinum NieR DLC (?) and the biggest thing I could see them getting from Namco is the exclusive debut of Ni no Kuni II's E3 demo gameplay or something.

I'd expect any Atlus related content to be just interviews with the P5 staff. They've given out quite a few of those since the western release and I don't think IGN has had an interview with them yet.

I wonder what will be the best reveal this year in terms of tech, direction, suspense, artistic and level design etc...
God Of War, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Sucker Punch new game or another surprise?
We can safely say that last year's most surprising and impressive reveal was GOW: the symphony, the direction, showing Kratos, the new settings, ideas and gameplay.

I wonder if they can top that this year.

The funniest thing about Ni No Kuni 2 is that Sony's own unveil labels are so unreliable.

IIRC, it was revealed with a PS4 console debut label but also a console exclusive label. We know the first one isn't true because it's simultaneous PS4/PC release.

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? 🤔

I think it's an exclusive by default. It ain't coming to Xbox.. and No signs of the Switch being able to handle it. So that leaves PcS4

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? 🤔

They can't go wrong with this one:

T8k8vVx.png

I can the best one Xp

Dark souls 3 is on xbox though... ; ) im just being facecist, we get to caught up on whats exclusive and what isnt, just enjoy the games you do have and buy the system to play the other ones if it bothers you that much, also i dont get how something being multiplatform can be seen as bad by some.

Dark souls 3 is on xbox though... ; ) im just being facecist, we get to caught up on whats exclusive and what isnt, just enjoy the games you do have and buy the system to play the other ones if it bothers you that much, also i dont get how something being multiplatform can be seen as bad by some.
I'm lost what did I say that deserved all this lol I don't remember unless u we're speaking in general

I wonder what will be the best reveal this year in terms of tech, direction, suspense, artistic and level design etc...
God Of War, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Sucker Punch new game or another surprise?
We can safely say that last year's most surprising and impressive reveal was GOW: the symphony, the direction, showing Kratos, the new settings, ideas and gameplay.

Most impressive? Sure. Most surprising? Eh. I give the nod for that to Spidey.

Oh my god the theater I was in for Shenmue and FFVII holy cow.

Tears. Everywhere.

That was me the year they showed KH3 and rebranded VsXIII. What a naive fool I was lol

Elfstruck

Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last min, as someone hinted about it on Twitter or 4chan, I don't remember.

Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last, where somebody hinted about it on Twitter.

Yeah, i'd say the nod also goes to RE7 because even when watching the trailer people really didn't know what it was. It wasn't until the full logo popped up at the end that people went crazy.

Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last min, where somebody hinted about it on Twitter.

Forgot REVII was last year. That'd pretty much take the title.

delSai

I havent really kept up with the thread (i plan on being more active in here tho!), i was wonderin' if any rumors showed up?

RE7 was already ''confirmed'' for E3 (or rather to be released very early 2017 thus making the E3 reveal obvious) by Capcoms financial forecast thingy. What people didn't expect was the form it would take.

I think God of War was a similar deal but not quite as radical. This one especially everyone knew would appear but it was quite different from what we are used to from GoW.

I guess even Zelda was more open than people expected tho it was already discussed by the developers.

It makes me wonder what possible long running franchise could make a return at E3 while being extremely different. Metroid I suppose.

Hydrus

Where are all the amazing E3 hype gifs for this year!? Seems like the E3 hype has been dieing the last few years. This seems like the quietest one for me in a long time.

That's a tough one. Cinematic wise (because I know we are not getting gameplay footage from either of them), It's probably going to be between Death Stranding and the Last of Us. It's an updated Decima engine coming from Horizon vs an updated ND engine coming from U4 o_O.

Detroit and GOW will be king in the gameplay department, unless Sucker Punch(which cannot be underestimated since Second Son still looks great today) or Spider-Man sneak in for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom