• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sim City is now down, the maintenance message is amazing

duckroll

A friend of mine just got kicked out of his game due to "server maintenance", and the game auto shutdown. The best part? EA doesn't seem to know when it's coming back up! Check out the awesome message!

QOzldBt.jpg

Ugh. I was going to get my Mum this for Mother's Day. I'm not sure she'd care for this stuff.
And some people want to move to the Cloud lol

Shes still playing Tropico so its not a big loss.

The_Monk

I think yesterday they were already having problems, fellow GAFFer.

I was watching a Stream of a guy playing and he could not play the game because of that problem. He raged, said he spent $60 on a new Coaster then muted himself and raged a bit more while throwing the Case, manual and DVD.

This shit is so anti consumer it hurts. Let people play the damn game without having to be connected into your bullshit service.

It's sad, because in those brief moments when the game is working, it's a lot of fun.

Unfortunately you have to wade through gallons of shit to get to the good stuff. Why they had to lock away even single-player sandbox mode behind their stupid server setup is classic EA bullshit.

Im surprised all the people defending always online arent here to do damage control.

I don't mind this game being always online but the microtransaction stuff worries me EA will screw up the Social stuff and make it all about spending the most money.

The social side is actually really exciting; but these issues should not be present. No excuses, its shitty service.

Freki

Just leaving this here for perspective...

I’m going to come right out and say it. I’m tired of EA being seen as “the bad guy.” I think it’s bullshit that EA has the “scumbag EA” memes on Reddit and that Good Guy Valve can Do No Wrong.

CliffyB

Top Bottom