• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancels Wii U Orders

Cookie18

I just got an email saying my £200 Wii U order has been cancelled by Amazon. It looks like the black Wii U has been removed from Amazon too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-U-White/dp/B004Y59P3A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339685709&sr=8-2

7186686281_094d83508e_z.jpg

I can't say I'm all that surprised.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wii U cancelled confirmed. Iwata: Why bother battling HD gaming when X360/PS3 are already established?

Izick

It was just an error. This doesn't mean the price wasn't too high or low, it just means it was an error.

New pricing?

This could be it, but in a bad way. If it's cheaper, Amazon would just lower the price automatically. Since it's a preorder, they haven't charged yet so it's no biggie. If it gets more expensive, though...... Normally on preorders Amazon would honor their preorder price, but what if it's a pretty big hike up?

Xanadu

Banned
Compensate for what? They made a mistake with a product listing on a website. It's not like they ran over your cat. Too many people want something for nothing.

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

rezuth

Compensate for what? They made a mistake with a product listing on a website. It's not like they ran over your cat. Too many people want something for nothing.

Compensated for the broken promise I suppose. If you don't like honoring your stuff don't put a big "Pre-Order Price Guarantee" sticker on it.

Compensated for the broken promise I suppose. If you don't like honoring your stuff don't put a big "Pre-Order Price Guarantee" sticker on it.
So Amazon is not allowed to make mistakes because of honor...but with honor comes shame and kissing profits. They'll have to apologise at once...wait they already did in the e-mail.

But if any customers do throw a fit about this getting canceled then I think Amazon will happy to lose them and the headache that goes with facilitating them. That said it reminds me of someone who get banned from Tesco for "actively seeking out double the difference promotions" (the cases where the price label is wrong but the double the difference is more than the product is supposed to be worth thus the customer is fleecing Tesco rather than other way round).

Top Bottom