• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Website Opens! Trailer and music within.

ethelred

Namco has opened the website for its upcoming Wii RPG, Fragile. There isn't a whole lot there, but there is a song (which is absolutely gorgeous) and a short little trailer you can view:

Trailer: mms://wmt9-od.stream.ne.jp/vod11/bngi/fragile_trailer_web.wmv
Youtube Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYFZGlMHQI

If you haven't heard of it yet, Fragile's being made by a collaboration between the internal Namco team responsible for Venus & Braves and Seven, and tri-Crescendo, which made Eternal Sonata and collaborated on Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins.

duckroll said:

Okay, let's celebrate the banning of Eteric Rice with Fragile celebration!

- Game design and graphics direction by the Seven/Venus & Braves team led by producer Kentaro Kawashima
- Game developed by Tri-Crescendo
- Third person exploration RPG set in a post-apocalyptic era
- The main character is a boy named Set that explores abandoned city ruins in a future world
- The theme of the game is exploring lonely and empty ruins while encountering things once in a long while
- The wiimote will be used to aim the flashlight while you move around

SolidSnakex said:
6sqf2mc.jpg

712nono.jpg

6q3sard.jpg

6pstlw9.jpg

82o2e85.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1212035_1407.html

Normally I don't get yanked by mistaking boys as girls, but that dude looks like a girl, has a baby blue dress and even sounds like one. :S

Still gonna get it tho.

Saitou

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I'm buying it as long as it has that song in the final game.

Also, how bout some youtube for those of us who can't be arsed with WMP?

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
Normally I don't get yanked by mistaking boys as girls, but that dude looks like a girl, has a baby blue dress and even sounds like one. :S

Given the odd little cap he's wearing, it's possibly more like a blue overcoat rather than a dress... but yes, still a bit awkward.

zoku88

Do the scans mention who the character designer for this game is? I like whoever is doing it.

Dragona Akehi said:

Still gonna get it tho.
At first, I thought you were talking about the person in the right scan. I almost got a heart attack.

Arde5643

Innotech said:
most guys look like girls in RPGs. Its almost a requirement.
It's quite interesting seeing the 2 main characters' arts shown in the website for the guy and the girl.

The guy wears a dress and the girl wears almost nothing.
Looks like main guy characters in JRPGs are trannies while the main girl characters are sluts.:lol

Nice music - I like it so far. Anyone able to see the short trailer? Windows Media Player keeps telling me it wasn't able to recognize it.

Bogus

Looks cool. I dig the music and the art style (although the near-completely androgynous lead is a little jarring).

Hope we get some substantial info on the game soon.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Darkman M

Innotech said:
Final Fantasy characters definitely. maybe not so much other games.

Nah no Final Fantasy characters looks as feminine as this guy, not to mention he looks like he's wearing a cute blue dress. The music was pretty awesome though and the setting looks great.

Tenbatsu

Dragona Akehi said:

Still gonna get it tho.

No to mention he got a kind of 'I dont care a shit" face.

Looks interesting! The music on the site is great. I hope Motoi Sakuraba is the composer. The Baten Kaitos games had some awesome music. :D

ethelred

Arde5643 said:
Nice music - I like it so far. Anyone able to see the short trailer? Windows Media Player keeps telling me it wasn't able to recognize it.

I could see the trailer. It's really cool looking. Not especially impressive technically, but it's filled with atmosphere and the artistic style is truly amazing. There are a couple of shots that are beautiful and edgey.

Lionheart1827 said:
Looks interesting! The music on the site is great. I hope Motoi Sakuraba is the composer. The Baten Kaitos games had some awesome music. :D

That song is definitely not Sakuraba, and I hope he's not composing for the game. The theme sounds like it could have been Masako Oogami, and I hope she's doing the whole soundtrack.

beef3483

Innotech said:
most guys look like girls in RPGs. Its almost a requirement.

One reason to make me appreciate SNES sprites, and bad PS1 polys. If I knew what the character designer had originally intended, I imagine many of my favorite characters would cease to be my favorite characters. For example, new-age Cloud to old-school Cloud. And I hate to think what a character designer might do with Sabin and Edgar.

That being said, this game looks promising. I appreciate atmospheric environments more than realistic character designs.

rakka

Arde5643 said:
played in vlc for me..

JDSN

Banned
So its like a Japanese version of "I am Legend".

Yeah, I officially ran of things to compare this game to, that says a lot about how original this one feels..or how ignorant I am.

JoeFu said:
Yup.

Please be released in NA. I want to play this.

The game will be compatible with the Wii Fit balance board and will come packaged with a very expensive and fragile vase which the player must hold and keep from falling. Hence the name.

JoeFu

Banned
Watched the trailer with winamp.

Trailer doesn't show much, but man... it looks pretty good.

were those hands when he was running through the train?

ethelred

If anyone would like to Youtube the trailer for those who can't get it to load, feel free.

JoeFu said:
Trailer doesn't show much, but man... it looks pretty good.

were those hands when he was running through the train?

They looked like arms of spirits, yes.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
alright, any Japanese GAFers willing to translate whats there?

this art direction and atmosphere is definitely impressive. i really can't wait :D

pyros

great atmosphere, does the website give any background story for this game? my translator is out shopping(wife):D

JoeFu

Banned
The music is so awesome. I can't stop listening to it. After watching the trailer, the music just sets the mood up perfectly.

ethelred said:
That song is definitely not Sakuraba, and I hope he's not composing for the game. The theme sounds like it could have been Masako Oogami, and I hope she's doing the whole soundtrack.

Yeah it doesn't sound like Sakuraba's style, but how come you wouldn't want him to?

Top Bottom