• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Geek Wedding stuff - Our LBP cake toppers

kswiston

So I got married on Saturday, and wanted to share a few pictures I took as we were bringing the decorations back home.

Me and my new spouse are pretty big nerds. We are both ecologists who love nature and the outdoors, we both like indie, folk and alt-country music, fantasy and sci-fi, and we both really enjoy video games (though I am the bigger gaming geek). Neither of us wanted a traditional wedding, so we tried to do something fun and different. The venue was the Toronto Zoo, which was fabulous. The Zoo has only hosted 12 weddings in 30 years, but the staff was amazing.

My wife name dropped the persona series in her vows, a reference that flew over the heads of almost everyone at the ceremony. She also made almost all of our decorations (including her bouquet and the boutineers) by hand.

Here are our cake toppers that she surprised me with a week or two before the wedding:

P1050205.jpg

I had been bugging her to make me a sackboy for the last year our so, so it was really cool to see them completed.

Here is a picture of the entire cake. Everything is crocheted except for a few silk flowers. The whole thing looked nicer at the reception, but I sort of crushed it when I packed it up in the car. We decided the scrap the real wedding cake in favour of a dessert buffet.

P1050207.jpg

It will be a few weeks before we have our professional wedding photos back, but here is a quick snapshot of us and the bride's family:

kn.jpg

I will be posting more pictures either in this thread or the OT when they come in. In the meantime I would love to see any game-related wedding stuff that others here had at their own weddings!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Whoa that's awesome. Congrats man, must be great to share your life with someone who has similar interests/hobbies to yours.

kswiston

Pandaman said:
hmm?

what'd she say?

Something to the effect of:

"I promise to continue celebrating your successes, whether they be as small as beating a Persona game, or as large as publishing a scientific paper"

Vinnk said:
Well.. there was my wedding invitation:

The back was even geekier..

As for the OP, congrats man!

Those invitations are awesome!

bumpkin

Those are some awesome sackboys! Congrats, man!

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but this was the grooms' cake my wife had made for our wedding:

groomscake.jpg

It technically wasn't edible -- the "cake" inside is foam I think and the figures are actual figures -- but everything else was molded with fondant. It was pretty slick, especially for a groom party consisting of gamers! :D

My fiance is budging, and letting me put Mario and the Princess as our cake topper, but she disagrees with me that the FF theme would be kick-ass while walking down the aisle.

Desiato

RedNumberFive said:
My fiance is budging, and letting me put Mario and the Princess as our cake topper, but she disagrees with me that the FF theme would be kick-ass while walking down the aisle.
:lol

Dragon

Banned
RedNumberFive said:

The Celtic theme or the battle victory theme? Personally I'd think the battle victory theme to be pretty funny to walk down the aisle to.

Full Recovery said:
Is that her sister on the left?

Dibs?

TheBranca18 said:
The Celtic theme or the battle victory theme? Personally I'd think the battle victory theme to be pretty funny to walk down the aisle to.

Dibs?

The Celtic one, but the victory one would be pretty boss!

kswiston

Full Recovery said:
Is that her sister on the left?

Yes

RedNumberFive said:

:lol

My brother wanted us to play the Final Fantasy Fanfare theme after the pronouncement but we thought that was a tad too geeky even for us. Our Precession song was an instrumental version of Sufjan Steven's "Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, IL" that my wife slapped together in adobe audition.

Here is another picture of the bride. This time with her 101 year old great aunt.

nb.jpg

bumpkin

kswiston said:
Here is another picture of the bride. This time with her 101 year old great aunt.
Jesus, 101 years old and apparently still able to move around without a walker or wheelchair? That'd madness.

dfyb

Banned
reminds me of another recent thread involving a member (different forum) having a baby with Sackboy there for the ride. the father also used Sackboy as a stand-in while he practiced photography waiting for his baby to be born :D.

img1527wy.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow your bride looks beautiful and the girl on your left is pretty hot too!

I thought about doing it at the Zoo as well, but just decided on something simple at Nathan Phillips Square.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Wow your bride looks beautiful and the girl on your left is pretty hot too!

I thought about doing it at the Zoo as well, but just decided on something simple at Nathan Phillips Square.

We were going to do it at the Zoo as well (Brookfiled Zoo, to be exact). I thought having a champagne toast in the ape house would be awesome. That was until I checked it out. The stench was overwhelming. Expensive as hell too.

I love your Sackboy plushes. What a cute idea.

A friend of mine made me and my wife some Mii Cake Toppers for our special day.

n1471655279_30310244_3474577.jpg

I couldn't squeeze too much videogame related stuff into our wedding, but we did use a piece of music that was in Mother 3 for the processional and used "You're the Inspiration" from Elite Beat Agents for our first dance.

Top Bottom