• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ganondorf's Last Name is Officially Dragmire Again

this is what happens when dorks who spent hours reading the Zelda wiki get jobs at Nintendo

not even hating, it's what I'd do

Is Urbosa or Riju his descendant cause that would be cool.

To think how thirsty the Gerudo are they probably thought Ganondorf was one sexy Voe

Jakoo

Does anyone else in the Zelda Universe have a last name?

Ganondorf <anything> sounds less imposing to me than just "Ganondorf"

Is Urbosa or Riju his descendant cause that would be cool.

To think how thirsty the Gerudo are they probably thought Ganondorf was one sexy Voe

Didn't the Gerudo not like Ganondorf in OoT? I know Nabooru didn't, and the rest of the Gerudo respected her quite a bit.

aBarreras

Man is that really true? That just seems....incredibly stupid to me lol

fuck off, Daphness Nohassen Hyrule, is awesome as fuck

Urbosa implies he wasn't actually Gerudo, or at least that the Gerudo people have disowned him and hope he wasn't actually Gerudo.

quite the opposite, urbosa says that legends say that ganon was once a gerudo, thats why is the gerudo tribe responsability to help defeat calamity ganon

Should've made Ganondorf his surname and have his first name turn out to be a massive reveal in a future game.

His first name is Steve.

balohna

fuck off, Daphness Nohassen Hyrule, is awesome as fuck

quite the opposite, urbosa says that legends say that ganon was once a gerudo, thats why is the gerudo tribe responsability to help defeat calamity ganon

Doesn't she say he "posed" as Gerudo, or something along those lines?

mas8705

Is it wrong that reading Ganondorf's last name made me think Family Guy?

He's Dragmire! Dragmire!
You never really know what He's gonna do next!
He's Dragmire! Dragmire!
Ganondorf: Giggity-giggity-giggity-giggity, let's have sex! :D

Why exactly do they need last names?

To track the family lineage is my guess. Link has a father in BOTW who was a knight he is never shown or what happened to him.

No I think she says he was a Gerudo so the tribe is disgraced because of this and is the primary reason they are helping to defeat him.

Golnei

I'll accept MM being a dream if they erase this from official media again.

"Took the form of", IIRC. I think it was more to do with his origins becoming obscured over time as well as the Gerudo understandably wanting to distance themselves from him.

Man is that really true? That just seems....incredibly stupid to me lol

At least their middle names usually aren't disappointing.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Didn't the Gerudo not like Ganondorf in OoT? I know Nabooru didn't, and the rest of the Gerudo respected her quite a bit.

Only Nabooru didn't like him, the rest where loyal to him as they thought that Nabooru was loyal to him.

In Breath of the Wild,
they seemed to have disowned him as they felt that he has dragged the Gerudo name through the mud and in response outlawed Gerudo males and they only mate with non-Gerudo males.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I think she said "took the form of a Gerudo" or something like that. Whatever it was, my understanding of the line was that she's referencing how Ganon/Demise is a force that is continually reborn/recurring and one of his manifestations was as a Gerudo.

That said, I agree with others that Urbosa is clearly not happy that he once did this. I think it's a part of Gerudo history that she, and presumably the rest of the tribe, acknowledge but would like to erase/dishonor by fighting against him and his forces.

Firemind

Only Nabooru didn't like him, the rest where loyal to him as they thought that Nabooru was loyal to him.

In Breath of the Wild,
they seemed to have disowned him as they felt that he has dragged the Gerudo name through the mud and in response outlawed Gerudo males and they only mate with non-Gerudo males.
Harsh

RedZaraki

Banned
Ganondorf Dragmire AKA Mandrag Ganon. Otherwise known as Ganon, the King of Thieves.

Link to the Past instruction manual baby.

Top Bottom