• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead PC specs/requirements (Releasing May 23rd)

Tizoc

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7047&game=Killer is Dead
Steam page says the release date is May 23rd.

Minimum:

Processor: 2.0 Ghz or above
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: GPU that supports Shader Model 3.0
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 13 GB available space

Recommended:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz(4 CPUs
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 13 GB available space

They also seem to have changed the logo for the game on Steam to resemble the retail European cover
81a2lt0-pgL.jpg

What's surprising here is that it's 13 GB as opposed to its smaller size on PSN/XBL.

Tizoc

So it will be $5 in 3 months. The original console game dropped fast, and I'm sure a PC port of a dated console exclusive will, too.

Did you get Resident Evil 4 day 1?
FYI Killer is Dead was released in 2013, it's not that dated.

So it will be $5 in 3 months. The original console game dropped fast, and I'm sure a PC port of a dated console exclusive will, too.

You'd be surprised. Deadly Premonition hasn't dropped much (the lowest it's been is around $6 and that was in a bundle), Capcom's PC games don't get heavily discounted that often, Metal Gear Rising hasn't had a significant drop yet. So far, japanese ports to the PC tend to drop at a slower rate than other games from what i've noticed.

That said, ill probably wait till it's $5 too hah.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
How much is this release?

Edit: I see it was already answered. I probably get it on day one. Espeically now that I have a capable machine.

You'd be surprised. Deadly Premonition hasn't dropped much (the lowest it's been is around $6 and that was in a bundle), Capcom's PC games don't get heavily discounted that often, Metal Gear Rising hasn't had a significant drop yet. So far, japanese ports to the PC tend to drop at a slower rate than other games from what i've noticed.

Metal Gear Rising pc could be had for $12 before release. Peeps just need to check Nuveem and isthereanydeal.

Coconut

Banned

I think the price drops are rare due to things like summer sale spring sale and winter sale.

K.Sabot

That's inane.

Considering this came out on consoles designed in 2004-2005.

Would love to see this on lowest settings.

Grief.exe

64 bit only? Damn, I'm still sporting Win 7 32 bit :(

Looks like games are going to start forcing x64 compatibility. Better work on finding an extra stick of RAM!

DayZ recently announced that it will no longer support x86, but that it will only effect around 4% of people playing the game.

Persona7

Banned
I am betting on a GOG release so I can archive this. I even made a custom box art cover.

I need some recordable blu-rays.

Gbraga

Will be buying this. I've never played it on consoles.

If you like Grasshopper, you'll probably like this one. The narrative reminds me a lot of Cowboy Bebop, the gameplay is the best they've made, may not be very deep, but it's fun as hell.

It was one of my favorite 2013 games, and this version should fix the framerate, tearing and loading times that were pretty bad on consoles.

jediyoshi

Didn't realize Deep Silver were publishing, that's a weird thing.

Now imagine how pumped you'd be if it were $60 going $20 within 3 months.

Tain

This is a really cool game, and I barely ever say that about Grasshopper games. I'll have to get this on PC some day.

Gbraga

Can hatsuu stop being tsundere about her info now?

Didn't realize Deep Silver were publishing, that's a weird thing.

Now imagine how pumped you'd be if it were $60 going $20 within 3 months.

They were the european publisher on consoles, IIRC.

Corpekata

Banned
Who doesn't have at least 8GB in their Windows 7 64-bit machine?

Even if they don't, there's a pretty large chance that is bullshit anyway. Very few games use 8 gigs in the first place, Killer is Dead will not be among them, especially when it requires 2 gigs minimum.

JordanN

Banned
Is the DX11 stuff BS?

The game started out on PS3/360 which were Directx 9 equivalents. I don't get what they hope to achieve beyond that unless it uses DX11 for performance boosts (i.e anti-aliasing).

Will be picking this up just to see how my ancient laptop handles it.

Guys, the real indicator for the specs required is the min reqs. The recommended ones are basically overstated to cover their asses.

This is a DX9/10 era game ported from the last gen, and if previous indications go with other games that use the engine (e.g. Yaiba, DmC, and others.) it should run really, really well.

Top Bottom