• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Game Studios Hiring "Future Generation Console Programmer"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to WorstUsernameEver for finding this.

They've been referring to future consoles on their site for a while, but this is the first time they're doing it 100% unambiguously, so it's possible we'll see their next game (presumably Fallout 4) on next-gen instead.

Bethesda said:
Future Generation Console Programmer

Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Rockville, US-MD, US

Bethesda Game Studios is looking for experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.

Requirements

-At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
-Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
-Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
-Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
-Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
-Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
-Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
Source: http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/217

spirity

Yeah I was hoping to see F4 on the next gen consoles rather than the current ones. Also hoping for a completely new engine, no more gamebryo stuff.

In before "jank", "mudcrab" and adoringfansface.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ilnSk.png

Why is this EVEN mentioned?

read: work long hours

Just clarifying it's not the New Vegas guys for applicants.

yeah, great games, not masterpieces

Coxswain

My takeaway from the wording of this ad is that we are somehow still in "next-generation", seven years in, so what we're waiting on is future-generation consoles.

Rats, I was going to apply for this, I fill every quality... except I don't have a passion for making GREAT games or working with a GREAT team. In fact, I only want to make SUB PAR games and work with a MEDIOCRE team.

Translation: Write better position requirements.

THAT BEING SAID:

It's pretty obvious that the new consoles will come out someday, that Bethesda or Sony or some other company is hiring for them doesn't necessarily mean they're coming out tomorrow, or this year, or next year.

They've been referring to future consoles on their site for a while, but this is the first time they're doing it 100% unambiguously, so it's possible we'll see their next game (presumably Fallout 4) on next-gen instead.

I'd bet we'll see it released concurrently on both current gen and next gen hardware.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't wait to see what Gamebryo will look like next gen. It's like Marge's Chanel dress. She can sew it into something new just one more time!

E0kfT.jpg

i-Lo

DX11 huh?

Well it makes sense. I think they're going to develop a brand new engine for the new gen and then iterate on it. Well let's hope they do it I am tired of stiff movements and animations. Heck, I think they can borrow few features from id tech 5.

Emitan

Maybe this person will figure out how split pools of RAM work, you know, like every other dev on the planet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I suppose that means it will be easier to get their engine running if all they need is 1 programmer. The future is then.

i-Lo

Maybe this person will figure out how split pools of RAM work, you know, like every other dev on the planet.

LoL yea. I am surprised that affected PS3 owners didn't file a class action lawsuit given that Bethesda knew about the problem and still decided to ship it. Any other industry and it would have been a different scenario.

Makes me wonder if PS4 will have split pool this time around.

Emitan

LoL yea. I am surprised that affected PS3 owners didn't file a class action lawsuit given that Bethesda knew about the problem and still decided to ship it. Any other industry and it would have been a different scenario.

Makes me wonder if PS4 will have split pool this time around.

I don't really know anything about this so I'm basically speaking out of my ass, but with Nintendo supposedly designing their system to be similar to the 360, and PS3 usually getting the worst versions of games I would think they'd go unified next gen.

i-Lo

I'm basically speaking out of my ass

Aren't we all (people who actually know are under NDA and excepted) when it comes speculating on next gen system specs? That said, I don't see the problem disappearing without a brand new engine. And no, reworked gamebryo that the PR touts as new a big fat stinking sack of lie. It surprises me that how much we can take up our asses, complain on forum and then forget the issue soon (a true ADD generation).

Once the devkits are sent out from Sony, I hope they thoroughly test their in-development engine.

Emitan

Aren't we all (people who actually know are under NDA and excepted) when it comes speculating on next gen system specs? That said, I don't see the problem disappearing without a brand new engine. And no, reworked gamebryo that the PR touts as new a big fat stinking sack of lie. It surprises me that how much we can take up our asses, complain on forum and then forget the issue soon (a true ADD generation).

Once the devkits are sent out from Sony, I hope they thoroughly test their in-development engine.

I already fixed the problem. STOP TRACKING EVERYTHING. I don't care that I knocked over a pencil in Doc Brown's bedroom 200 hours ago in New Vegas. I'm totally not going to notice it reset. If Bethesda would get over their fetish for tracking and saving literally every interaction the player performs the game wouldn't have had as many issues.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
My takeaway from the wording of this ad is that we are somehow still in "next-generation", seven years in, so what we're waiting on is future-generation consoles.

The only reason anybody uses the term "next-gen" anymore is to differentiate the current HD consoles from the Wii. When the Wii U comes out, it'll be next-gen.

Elsolar

Good, the next generation of consoles can't come soon enough. Not that it really matters, we'll just be complaining 6 months after they release that they don't support DX12 instead of complaining that the current-gen ones don't support DX11. Probably won't see 1080p or 60Hz either, sadly.

Hanmik

http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/217

Future Generation Console Programmer

Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Rockville, US-MD, US

Bethesda Game Studios is looking for experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.

Requirements
• At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
• Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
• Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
• Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
• Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
• Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
• Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus

please be a good game ... please... please..

ohh lock if old .. can´t seem to find a date for the post.

Top Bottom