• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Nintendo needs to release some games on iPhone. Sad to say but there is money to be made.

#34 on the App Store for a god damn fake version of Pokemon Yellow after being released for an hour.

Imagine if it was the real deal...

Miyahon

I bought GTA III earlier and it keeps crashing on my iPhone 4S. The beginning cutscene wouldn't have any sound and sometimes it would just crash to the home screen. Now when I did the first mission I can't get into the menu since it will crash there too. Looking at the comments it seems other people have this problem. I'm not so sure if I want to get China Town wars since it seems I might run into the same problems too. Anyone else have these issues too?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nintendo needs to release some games on iPhone. Sad to say but there is money to be made.

#34 on the App Store for a god damn fake version of Pokemon Yellow after being released for an hour.

Imagine if it was the real deal...

People would sell their 3DS then...

Reese-015

Beat Sneak Bandit is very much not my type of game but goddamn it is well done. Brilliant piece of work and indeed by far the best Simogo release thus far, absolutely exquisite title and even if it's not your thing at all, there's no way you can regret this purchase.

plc268

People would sell their 3DS then...

They don't need to sell their current titles on it, but they could sell old nes/snes/gb/gbc games on there, and it would sell like hotcakes. If a fake app like that can make the top 100, imagine what the real thing plus a little advertising could do.

Edit: And at a reasonable price.

But if Nintendo ever did flirt with the idea of putting stuff on the app store, they'd likely price it too high.

Card Boy

Banned
Gameloft already has a Pokemon clone (of course they do!) on DSiWare.

They need to port it over to iOS. They would make a killing if that fake Pokemon Yellow is anything to go by.

Crystal Monsters

large.jpg
large.jpg

large.jpg
large.jpg

mrkgoo

So sad.

There's a bunch of reviews on the App Store for Pokemon Yellow claiming that they demand a fix so that it works.

RyType

403054_10150531869886370_529571369_9056684_1793618642_n-1.jpg

I recomend Ziggurat. Disliked the game at first since the controls took some getting used to, but I spent quite a lot of time playing it on the train today. I can only get up to 205 kills...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Empire of the Eclipse, the 4X space mmo I've talked about a bit previously is about to be submitted to Apple in the next day or two, limited launch in a few countries.

chunk3rvd

I almost have enough credit on Free My Apps for Infinity Blade 2. It's been a slow process though - I hit 1000 credits on the first day and it's took me another month to reach 1500!

How does the claim process work for a EU user? Is it like buying foreign content on the PS3? I create a US account, log in, download, then move back to my original account where I can still play the game?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I almost have enough credit on Free My Apps for Infinity Blade 2. It's been a slow process though - I hit 1000 credits on the first day and it's took me another month to reach 1500!

How does the claim process work for a EU user? Is it like buying foreign content on the PS3? I create a US account, log in, download, then move back to my original account where I can still play the game?

That's right you can play it on your regular account. In the future you'll have to log into that US account in order to download any updates to the game though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's right you can play it on your regular account. In the future you'll have to log into that US account in order to download any updates to the game though.

You don't have to actually login to update though. When a new update comes, it'll simply ask you for the password to that account

I just finished up Ghost Trick. What an incredible game. One of the best games I've played in years and definitely the best iOS game by a huge margin.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Lol ANOTHER fake pokemon app out. At least this one mentions in the disclaimer that it's only a gallery, but it's also super misleading and priced at 4.99 :p

http://appshopper.com/games/pokemon-pocket-edition

It is astounding to me that this sort of app can get through not only on the basis of the IP infringement, but also because Apple reject apps that are "too simple" all the time.

Every time we do a branded app including some license, Apple makes us jump through all sorts of hoops to prove it is legit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Misunderstood Vampire Cobra, Ninja Unicorn and Senator Sasquatch all sound pretty amazing actually.

Zoc

wow, Puppysaurus lets parents send items to their kids in-game rewards for doing their chores in real life. That's brilliant, how did no one think of this before?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I bought GTA III earlier and it keeps crashing on my iPhone 4S. The beginning cutscene wouldn't have any sound and sometimes it would just crash to the home screen. Now when I did the first mission I can't get into the menu since it will crash there too. Looking at the comments it seems other people have this problem. I'm not so sure if I want to get China Town wars since it seems I might run into the same problems too. Anyone else have these issues too?

I'm playing it on a 4S and have had no issues at all. Have you tried restarting your phone?

Goli

Infinity Blade Cross is now out for Mobage:
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id499179735?mt=8
It has a reworked interface and game mechanics , it is now more "social"; it rids itself of the touch based maps of the original for example, instead it has a quest system where you choose to take on solo, boss or multiplayer quests, among other new or changed things. For now, Famitsu says the focus is on solo quests but more multiplayer quests will be added in a future update:
http://app.famitsu.com/20120220_32603/
(Also, this version is completely free, but with IAP and usual social games transactions)

Vire

It has a reworked interface and game mechanics , it is now more "social"; it rids itself of the touch based maps of the original for example, instead it has a quest system where you choose to take on solo, boss or multiplayer quests, among other new or changed things. For now, Famitsu says the focus is on solo quests but more multiplayer quests will be added in a future update:
(Also, this version is completely free, but with IAP and usual social games transactions)

What?...

Is this made by Chair? Not sure what this is.

Zeth

What the hell is this? I'm lost.

What's Mobage?

Goli

What?...

Is this made by Chair? Not sure what this is.

Um, I'm not sure. Famitsu lists the maker as DeNA but I think that's the case for all Mobage games. The game's trailer: http://youtu.be/RFJmShmhxmE Does have the Chair logo though. Also, iNiS was involved somehow... maybe they're the ones who developed it/ported assets over for Mobage?
What the hell is this? I'm lost.

What's Mobage?

Games SNS, very popular in Japan. It has browser based games as well as mobile ones, Infinity Blade Cross is one of them.

Since Mobage also exists for Android, I wonder if this means Infinity Blade Cross could be released for it, in Japan at least?

Ministration

Neo Member
Ah, how many are you guys?

It's heartwarming in some ways that our games can do enough to make it able for us to continue to do these types of games we believe in, but sometimes it can be a bit frustrating that we're only two persons - there's only so much two persons can do, you know?

Thanks everyone for checking out the game, means a lot to read these positive impressions :)

We're 8 strong, but the 3 of us who founded the company with our savings don't take salary - I live in my parents' basement, naturally. D: Obviously this can't go on forever if we don't make a "hit game" sooner or later. Ravenmark isn't exactly batting it out of the park.

Two people can do a lot, as you guys have shown :) NimbleBit (Tiny Tower, Pocket Frogs) is only two or three strong as well. I think the problem boils down to one thing: what kind of games do you eventually want to make?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You know what? Wizards of the Coast suck and hate money.

Why is there no Magic:The Gathering game on iOS? It would be the game to break my no IAP thing. It would make SO much money. So much. Like, almost infinite amounts.

Card Boy

Banned

Why is there no Magic:The Gathering game on iOS? It would be the game to break my no IAP thing. It would make SO much money. So much. Like, almost infinite amounts.

Better yet why is there no Triple Triad game on iOS from Square Enix? All we have is shitty clones. Arena 9 is the best one but it was this in game browser that has being down for quite awhile.

EYEL1NER

Damn, that Gameloft Pokemon clone looks good. I wish they would port it, but I could see it being turned into an IAP goldmine. "Oh, you're out of Crystal Monster Balls to catch Crystal Monsters? Feel free to buy some Crystal Monster Credits so you can purchase more Balls."

Nah, what I think would be cool would be a Monster Rancher style title. Since you can't pop a disc in to create a monster, you could use the mp3s in your library. Be kinda cool I think.

Edit: Man, I would go crazy for a Triple Triad game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

And imagine I could import my cards from my MtG online account so I don't have to spend too much money right off the bat again.. oh god. -drool-

We're 8 strong, but the 3 of us who founded the company with our savings don't take salary - I live in my parents' basement, naturally. D: Obviously this can't go on forever if we don't make a "hit game" sooner or later. Ravenmark isn't exactly batting it out of the park.

Two people can do a lot, as you guys have shown :) NimbleBit (Tiny Tower, Pocket Frogs) is only two or three strong as well. I think the problem boils down to one thing: what kind of games do you eventually want to make?

:(
We definitely try to not rely on our games being SMASH HITS!11!!1, but even reaching breakeven is hard...

Utako

Banned

It would mark the beginning of the end for the physical card game, which is something the Wizards are probably not ready to do yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom