• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

bracing myself for some shady shit tonight. feel like the ACC is gonna try and throw State a bone to appease them after the Duke game and the Hess incident.

who better to do it against than the rivals they can't beat but desperately want to..

Because he makes himself the team. He doesn't admit to himself that he is having a bad game and will continue to force shots up. Good players know when they're off and will pass up shots.

To be fair, Buford isn't the only player having issues (though he's clearly the primary culprit behind our struggles).

Craft hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire lately, and Sully is in a bit of a rough patch as well.

bracing myself for some shady shit tonight. feel like the ACC is gonna try and throw State a bone to appease them after the Duke game and the Hess incident.

who better to do it against than the rivals they can't beat but desperately want to..

I'm hoping it won't come to that but it probably will.

So, playing Miss. St. tonight.

BLUUUUUUE!!!!

WHITEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

thoughts for tonight:
- I want K state to win
- go illinois go? not gonna happen though.
- nc state needs this
- can auburn get the upset? sadly, no.

and of course, UK needs to win tonight, but i'm scared.

Pollux

WHITEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

thoughts for tonight:
- I want K state to win
- nc state needs this

I'm scared for every game. It's a symptom of having Tubby and Billy here for so long. Ugh.

Meaningless how? You do want to win the B10, right?

It's meaningless because Illinois has completely disintegrated and there's not a snowball's chance in hell that they'll beat us tonight.

Sure, they're all counted equally in the conference standings, but symbolically, a game against another conference power is far more important than one against a bottom dweller.

I'm scared for every game. It's a symptom of having Tubby and Billy here for so long. Ugh.

It's more a symptom of being a super UK fan. I get worried and analyze how we play even if we're up 25. until the final buzzer sounds, then I'm ecstatic if we've pulled the W out.

but this is the second to last road game, and the arena is going to be uber-into it. we very well could lose.

alstein

I'm hoping it won't come to that but it probably will.

Nah, if anything, they'll find a way to screw State worse. Swofford's not just an alumni, he's a former player- he doesn't give a crap about the other 10 schools that don't wear blue.

The ACC deserves better- it hurts the league, especially in football.

thoughts for tonight:
- I want K state to win
- nc state needs this

so far:
- K State is up 10 at half over #3 missouri? wow.
- Illinois is down at like 20 with a couple minutes left in the half to #9 OSU
- nc state hasnt started
- auburn is actually UP 3 at the half over #11 florida!

and in a game i was ignoring, seton hall is up 7 over #8 georgetown at half. so far i'm doing well

Pollux

It's more a symptom of being a super UK fan. I get worried and analyze how we play even if we're up 25. until the final buzzer sounds, then I'm ecstatic if we've pulled the W out.

but this is the second to last road game, and the arena is going to be uber-into it. we very well could lose.

Yes. Agreed on both points.

and Bluuuuueeee. Oh wait, this isn't CatsPause.

And daaaaaamn at Missouri.

fskzb.jpg

Fl-Auburn is still ridiculously close. At Florida. Against Auburn. Go go K-State go!

It's meaningless because Illinois has completely disintegrated and there's not a snowball's chance in hell that they'll beat us tonight.

Sure, they're all counted equally in the conference standings, but symbolically, a game against another conference power is far more important than one against a bottom dweller.
Easy to agree in hindsight, but I would've agreed beforehand so there!

Meyers keeps getting elbowed in the face. I'm just happy he wasn't called for a foul this time!

e: Not sure where that call was against Indiana. Assholes!

so Georgetown went down HARD to...Seton Hall.
Florida is running away from Auburn.
OSU crushed Illinois.
missouri-kansas state is super close with 2:20 left.
unc-ncst is a 5 point game at the half

some good basketball on tonight!

and very soon: I watch my Cats with baited breath.

Pollux

so Georgetown went down HARD to...Seton Hall.
Florida is running away from Auburn.
OSU crushed Illinois.
missouri-kansas state is super close with 2:20 left.
unc-ncst is a 5 point game at the half

some good basketball on tonight!

and very soon: I watch my Cats with baited breath.

These two top-10 upsets make me nervous. I know it has nothing to do with our game, but still...

Missouri is still in it, but just saying.

These two top-10 upsets make me nervous. I know it has nothing to do with our game, but still...

Missouri is still in it, but just saying.

dude i am nervous as anything. i'm gonna get offline and just watch the game, so no in-game posting from me.

8 point game with 1:08 left, 6 seconds on shot clock, missouri ball.

if they lose, that's the #3 team losing. that makes me - as #1 team - REALLY nervous. I don't want to lose tonight.

Pollux

dude i am nervous as anything. i'm gonna get offline and just watch the game, so no in-game posting from me.

8 point game with 1:08 left, 6 seconds on shot clock, missouri ball.

if they lose, that's the #3 team losing. that makes me - as #1 team - REALLY nervous. I don't want to lose tonight.

Yea, although I'll be on Rupps Rafters throughout the game, no matter how nervous I am... I've done it for every game for years. Tradition and all that.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
If Michigan can survive this game against Northwestern, there is a real chance at the Big Ten championship with Penn State and a clearly demoralized Illinois team still to come.

mbmonk

Wow. UK players look like zombies. Props to MSU for coming out hard. UK didn't and has yet to match the intensity. A big deficit to overcome..

Shoot lights out from 3? Check. (6/11)
Negate Davis by putting a 300lb linebacker on him? Check.

Uk down a billion at half. Fml. I knew this would happen.

Mrbob

Michigan getting lucky in OT with some of these rebounds and shots.

Northwestern blowing a golden opportunity to finally get a tourney bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom