• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
5gOV5ej.png

http://twitter.com/DyadGame/statuses/298496053961953282

diffusionx

Gold Member
Gears 2 was alright in singleplayer, Gears 3 was pretty awful. I'd play Gears 2 again on insane but have no desire to go back to #3.

It really wasn't. IMO the only hard point was the final boss, and that was more because of shitty design.

The look at all dat juice part sucked not because of difficulty but checkpointing.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Apparently this is a thing that happens often? I don't really follow the online gaming community closely enough to know what's going on... does this regularly happen? should I have known better than to name it "Dyad" on Steam before it was announced? This is kinda crappy for me cause I was gunna do a trailer and a big announcement and now it's like this. I'm sure it's my fault and I don't wanna make mistakes twice.

Thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apparently this is a thing that happens often? I don't really follow the online gaming community closely enough to know what's going on... does this regularly happen? should I have known better than to name it "Dyad" on Steam before it was announced? This is kinda crappy for me cause I was gunna do a trailer and a big announcement and now it's like this. I'm sure it's my fault and I don't wanna make mistakes twice.

Thanks!

Look we won't tell anyone about this. It's just between you and Gaf.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Thanks!
Happens all the time, though some games take forever to actually come out and some still haven't been released yet.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Alan-Wake-PC-Version-Leaked-by-Steam-Registry-Listings-240583.shtml
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-09-steams-summer-sale-list-leaked
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-humble-indie-pack-spotted-in-steams-registry/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-21-final-fantasy-7-coming-to-steam-leak-suggests

I'm not sure what you could have done differently though. I imagine if it was as easy as submitting a false name into the registry other developers would have started doing so by now. Seems like even with a fake name the community links in this new registry site would have given you away.

kami_sama

Thanks!
It seems that this time wasn't entirely your fault, as the game was ValveTestApp on the registry, it seems that a bug(or feature) on the community was the problem lol

And it has happened to too many developers lol

I would love to play your game! LSD without LSD!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It seems that this time wasn't entirely your fault, as the game was ValveTestApp on the registry, it seems that a bug(or feature) on the community was the problem lol

No, Dyad was actually in as Dyad. But the point is well taken that even if it wasn't, he'd have still had the whistle blown.

Thanks!

Sorry brother, but this particular leak would have got you even if you did the ValveTestApp thing :/

You should still do the trailer and big announcement thing, though! Get Wario64 to pimp you on Twitter, that'll generate some buzz.

Thanks!

Alan Wake, I am Alive and others were spotted like this. And Alan Wake turned to be quite a success. And a day one purchase for me. At least to me this kind of reveals actually build quite the hype.

I'm already locked-in to get Dyad day one on PC, having no consoles since like 10 years ago.

Not your fault but the peeps who are essentially glued to the registry file trying to unveil the future releases.

ArjanN

Thanks!

Not your fault. Leaks from the registry happen fairly often, but this time it was a new loophole because of the community pages being linked to registry entries.

You can still do the whole official trailer/announcement thing. I think your game will do fine on Steam anyway. :)

RM8

KOF XIII? For real? If there's any chance online play won't be awful I'll definitely double dip. Oh man, oh man. SSFIV and KOFXIII on PC, would be so awesome.

If they release Halo 3 on Steam, I'll re-buy the whole trilogy. There 343, I said it.

If MS properly supported PC gaming with games like Forza, Banjo Kazooie, and the Halo franchise I wouldn't be so ready to abandon the Windows platform all together. As it is I hope everyday for another OS to emerge that can replace Windows so I can be done with MS.

Saty

There needs to be a list of all games spotted in this database, with the names getting crossed one by one as they are getting officially announced.

If MS properly supported PC gaming with games like Forza, Banjo Kazooie, and the Halo franchise I wouldn't be so ready to abandon the Windows platform all together. As it is I hope everyday for another OS to emerge that can replace Windows so I can be done with MS.

oh god, Banjo Kazooie on Steam would be glorious.

Dizzy-4U

Now that I think about it, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 have PC versions too right?
Nope, Tecmo doesn't like money. I think there was a DOS version from the original game though.

I'd pay full price for both if they release them on PC. And I already have all the console versions...

Omega

Banned
Sucks that the Dyad leak was legit and a full reveal was ruined.

As for Halo 3 PC, I don't care what he says, I still have hope. It just means they're not doing the port and it could be another developer. Microsoft had Gearbox do CE and had Hired Gun do Halo 2 Vista.

Sucks that the Dyad leak was legit and a full reveal was ruined.

As for Halo 3 PC, I don't care what he says, I still have hope. It just means they're not doing the port and it could be another developer. Microsoft had Gearbox do CE and had Hired Gun do Halo 2 Vista.

Well, Frankie did wait over a day to comment and didn't specifically say that the 'Halo' games were bunk. You never know.
:(

Omega

Banned
come on guys dont lose faith!

Even if 343 was handling the PC port it's not like he's just going to come out and say "ah shit, cats out the bag"

I've seen this stalling tactic before. I refuse to fall for it

Saty

EG update:
Update: It looks like Halo isn't coming after all.

"We currently do not have plans to release any 'Halo' titles on Steam," said a Microsoft spokesperson in response to our query.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I guess they had plans at one point but cancelled it. It makes no sense for the game to just magically appear in the registry and have it's own community hub and group.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EG update:

This is not an update at all. "We do not currently have any plans" means "We have not announced anything". This, of course, does not mean that they do have plans, but I just mean that the clarification provides absolutely no information.

Persona7

Banned
I think GOG.com staff said something a while back about how they were in talks with microsoft about bringing their older PC titles to that service.

Something like that.

Corto

Don't worry too much about this Shawn. After all you're in good company in this one. ;) Also, you can count on my euros on a double dip of dyad awesome sauce.

Top Bottom