• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Final-Fantasy-Brave-Exvius1.jpg

Introduction by Lyrian

Welcome to the thread!

Brave Exvius is a new Final Fantasy game, in the style of the SNES titles (IV, V, VI). That said, the game plays considerably different from the SNES titles, outside of combat. Combat in FFBE is equivalent to the Wait Mode ATB in these games (everyone acts individually in their team's turn before the opposing team gets their turn). In story and event modes, the player's team always goes first. In arena mode, the team that goes first is randomly chosen at the beginning of each new turn.

There is an original story with original characters. As the game is meant to last for several years, the story is considerably drawn out and may appear to be very slow moving (it at all) at first. As one progresses farther in Story Mode, the story becomes considerably more interesting. Please keep in mind that the story really doesn't begin to really get rolling until four or five islands into the game (Dirnado Isle or Olderion Isle), which can be a considerably long time for a new player. Please bear with the story until then.

The game belongs to a genre known as gacha, or lottery-style game. In this game, not only are there original characters, but the player also has the be ability to pull characters from other Final Fantasies (both heroes and villains) to join them on their team. This is a major draw of the game. On the flip side, as a lottery-style game, the more desirable or popular characters are often quite hard to obtain, and attempts at pulling for them cost a premium currency (lapis) in the game. A fair amount of lapis given to players over time for various events in the game (Brave Exvius is unusually generous in this regard compared to other games in this genre). Addiitional lapis can be purchased for real-world currency to fund additional activities in the game (refilling energy) or for more attempts at pulling rare units from the slot machine.

Various activities are also inserted into the game from time to time, that offer unique equipments, materia, spells, and so on that are not found in the story mode of the game. These can take the form of a dungeon from another Final Fantasy, an exploration of some kind, or a trial against a powerful boss (which is what everyone in the thread is passionate about at the moment as that is this week's challenge).

In this regard, you could think of this as a single-player MMO, as new content is constantly added to the game weekly and new chapters are being added to the story monthly.

Brave Exvius Basics

Units

There are 4 types of ways to acquire units. The first are the story units. These are
forced upon you, I mean
given to you for free.

The second is the standard summon. The combat of the game has you using five units + a unit from someone else's game. When you use this unit you gain 10 friend points if that person is on your friends list, and 5 points if they're not. Furthermore, every day you can receive 10 friend points from the people on your friends list through daily gifting. Once you have 200 friend points you can spend these to acquire a 1-3 star friend point unit. These units are not that powerful long term, but some of them come with some great Trust Masteries.

The third method is the rare summons. This is the true gacha pool, and allows you to summon units from 3-5 stars. The greater the rarity the lower the odds are of summoning a unit of that rarity, but these units are usually more powerful on a fundamental level.

• Blue Crystal = 3* base = 80% chance to occur
  • Yellow Crystal = 4* base = 19%
  • Rainbow Crystal = 5* base = 1%
Summoning these units costs Lapis, the in game currency, or rare summon tickets. Every Friday a new "banner" is added to the game that lasts two weeks. These banners increase the chances of acquiring the units displayed. The 3* and a 4* base unit that is on the banner has a 25% chance of occurring if that colored crystal drops, and the 5* base has a 50% chance. However these increases are split if there are multiple units of the same base rarity on the banner. There is also a default banner that has no rate up, and is available at all times.

Summons cost 500 lapis or 1 rare summon ticket. Each day you can make 1 summon for 250 lapis. You can also make an 11 unit summon for 5000 lapis, which guarantees the first crystal to be at least yellow, and increases your chances of a rainbow crystal to 5%.

How it feels sometimes
Hxh8UoVl.jpg

The forth and final way to acquire units (at this time) is through events. The conditions for obtaining the unit will vary with each event.

It's also important to mention that units can be upgraded, and are not stuck at their base level. Currently the highest a unit can go is 6*. If you wish to know the maximum rarity of a unit use the Exvius wiki (linked below).

Lapis

Lapis is the in game currency. You can acquire this via:

• Daily Quests. Everyday there is a list of quests that you can complete for certain rewards. If you complete 5 of the 6 challenges you will be given 50 lapis.
  • Missions. These are challenges that come with every quest.
  • Trophies. These are challenges that you will complete by doing generic tasks throughout the game. These are usually long terms challenges, but the reward for completing each one is 500 lapis.
How it feels when you first start
money-money-everywhere.jpg

• Real World Currency. The reality is that this is a gacha game, and in order to obtain a substantial amount of lapis in a short period of time you will need to spend money. It is very possible to be F2P and be able to complete all the content, but remember that it's important to spend your lapis wisely.
Events

Every Friday a new event is added to the game. These usually follow the theme of the new banner and also last 2 weeks.

Mog King Events are a grind type event. You take on a boss and every time you defeat it you gain a special event currency. This currency can be traded into the mog king for prizes. Materials, tickets, exclusive gear, the list goes on. Having the corresponding banner units in your party will give you a bonus amount of event currency upon completion.

Exploration Events are a one time clear event in which you must traverse through the map and defeat the boss at the end. These will usually give a single prize at the end, though there are smaller prizes throughout the map.

Raids. Currently we have only had one of these. They are not your typical MMO style raid, and are closer to the Mog King events. You simply have to defeat the boss, but rather than obtaining currency you gain points. Prizes are given at set total point thresholds, and there are two prize ladders. One for your individual point total, and one for the point total of everyone currently playing.

Because of the weekly events and banner changes there is usually maintenance every Thursday.

How it feels when maintenance is done and a new event begins
UWu6es9l.png

Trust Masteries

You'll notice that each of your units have a percentage that occasionally goes up after a battle. This is their Trust Mastery. These are can be powerful items, spells, or abilities, and as such some units are sought after purely for their trust mastery. Units have a 10% chance to gain a 0.1% increase every battle. This is not something you need to worry about too much early game, but when you are ready there is a more detailed guide linked below.

Ability Awakening

As the game progresses older and less powerful units become outclassed by the newer and stronger units. However Ability Awakenings allow older units to increase the power of some of their abilities. In order to do this you need Ability Awakening Crystals and Gil. The crystals range from 5 levels and come in various colors (see below). The level 1-4 crystals can be farmed from the Chamber of Gems in the Vortex of Desires, and the level 5 crystals can be obtained through various events. Each unit and move will require different gems to awaken them. If you wish to see what Ability Awakenings your units will obtain in the future and what materials you will need then please follow across' guide below. Note that the data is based on the JP version of the game so Ability Awakenings may vary in the GL version.
Go to the Reddit wiki and look up the unit you're interested in. Scroll down to their enhancements and check the first kanji listed under the 'Materials' column to the right.

白 = White Purecryst (White) - white magic; Curaja, Full-Life
黒 = Black Purecryst (Black) - black magic; Meteor, Ultima, -ga/ja spells
緑 = Green Purecryst (Green) - green magic; Reflect, .. probably other things

攻め = Power Purecryst (Red) - offensive abilities; Fin Briar, Phantom Shadow, Holy Explosion, but also Wicked Light, Dystopia - so "magic" abilities too
守り = Guard Purecryst (Gold? Yellow?) - defensive abilities and passives; Saint Wall, Lovely Guard, Brave Presence
癒し = Healing Purecryst (Blue) - non-white magic healing and MP restoration; Energy Share, Spirit Deck, Regenerate

支援 = Support Purecryst (Yellow-green, light green) - supportive abilities and passives of all sorts; Love You All, Hero's Rime, Legend Killer
技巧 = Tech Purecryst (Greyish) - not sure what the throughline is here. Some weapon Mastery buffs are collected here, but not all, as well as Warrior of Light's defensive proc at low HP passive and other random things. Doesn't seem common.

I confined my search to the first 4 or 5 waves of enhancements with a bias towards 5* bases I actually possess. Power and Support are priority. Those looking to enhance Dark Fina or Exdeath will want to pick up Black. White doesn't seem relevant at all for the near future, nor does Green. Healing looks primarily useful for Luka and the scattered MP regen effects on Type-0 units. Guard might be third or fourth on the list for Cecil/WoL enhancements since tanks experience power creep more slowly than other types of units. Tech doesn't seem to have anything super important except Gilgamesh's Weapon Collector.

YMMV, IANAL, do your own research, caveat emptor, et cetera.

GAF Playbook and Useful Links

PantherLotus and Valentus (with a very small contribution from myself) have put together an all purpose guide in order to help new and old players with any questions that they/we may have. Below is the link to that guide, as well as other useful resources.

We're a friendly community here, so any information that you cannot find simply ask and someone will provide you with the information you require.

GAF Playbook
Exvius Wiki
FFBE Reddit
Unit Calculator
Discord Chat
Valentus' YouTube Channel
TM Farming Guide/ NOX Macros
FRep Guide (Macros on an Android Device)
Attack Frame Data
GL and JP Weapons and Armour List

Disclaimer and Exvius GAF Motto

It's important to remember that at the end of the day this is a gacha game. The summons you make are purely RNG. No unit is guaranteed and no one is owed anything in the eyes of the game. The game has no honor system so your odds of getting a better unit do not increase over time. You simply have to roll with the punches and work on making the units you have strong. For these reasons we believe in the following motto here on Exvius GAF:

Pull for banners, not for units.

OT3 Wall of Shame

EArQwY3l.png

Exvius GAF's Madden Curse

Unfortunately there is a curse here in Exvius GAF. Whoever creates the OT gets banned at some point afterwards. If anything in this OP needs to be changed or something needs to be added while I am banned simply ask one of the mods (Shouta) to do so.

Mount Exvius GAF
For those that have willingly taken the curse

image.php
OT1 Creator - Visceir
image.php
OT2 Creator - Rixa
image.php
OT3 Creator - shintoki
image.php
OT4 Creator - Alkez

Pejo

Ah man, we missed a golden opportunity to make the title Ariana oriented.

"Ain't nobody gonna touch it, touch it"

Wazzy

Banned
I'm actually okay with the Type- 0 event just before the peoples choice banner hopefully.

Also I think I'll message Gumi about my missing TM moogle.

Alkez

Damn it I put the thread under gaming instead of community. FML. I told y'all I didn't know what I was doing lool. Should I simply recreate it?

Muku

I just pulled a Golbez. Is he good?

No. I kept mine and capped him out though. Maybe one day he'll get love. I hope anyway.

Damn it I put the thread under gaming instead of community. FML. I told y'all I didn't know what I was doing lool. Should I simply recreate it?

Lawl just after I read this my husband goes "OMG they put it under Gaming instead!"

Edit: Can't we just get it moved?

Alkez

Want to swap places?

I'm pretty sure Chilly used to top that thing. x_x Plz come back Chilly. You can have top :(

OT3 was my first full thread and I ended up in the Top 5. Even if Chilly and CCIE were still here I would be in the top 10. I post way too much (and I'm fairly sure 25% of those posts were NFL related lol).

Good job Alkez!

Outside of me messing up I'll take that haha. Thanks :)

Muku

OT3 was my first full thread and I ended up in the Top 5. Even if Chilly and CCIE were still here I would be in the top 10. I post way too much (and I'm fairly sure 25% of those posts were NFL related lol).

Bwa haha. Nothing wrong with that. XD I remember previous thread I was on it but not top. Think Chilly was still around for that though?

Since I haven't really enjoyed this gen of Pokemon as much as past (and think the online sucks worse than it has.. how do we move backwards?) I guess I tend to only stick around here now. Just a lot I don't like about it. (Don't hate it all, but think there's more I dislike than like.)

Muku

:0

At least you will never have to worry about a Troll rainbow when your day finally comes!!

I think Donkey Kong Country is pretty darn close. But then again I don't like him after having used others.

RE: steal once per appearance.... ouch! But I knew there was going to be some way to normalize that shit.

Shouta

Shouta since you are here can you give us a rundown on how this boss in the FF Type 0 event works? Nimbus or whatever can you steal the 500 Phantoma from him as many times as you want in the 3 rounds he is up?

You can only steal once from him per appearance.

I think Donkey Kong Country is pretty darn close. But then again I don't like him after having used others.

He gets a pass since we now have Odin to beef up his capabilities and he still commands massive ATK.

Plus his TM is amazing

You can only steal once from him per appearance.

WTF gumi with the bizarre wording!

Ok cool that makes setting up for this event WAAAYY easier

Alkez

Oh nice, OT 4 already!
Thanks for making it, subbed!

No problem. Glad I could do something for the community :)

I was pretty proud of that one tbh. lol
Ohhh, Don't chase the 🌈
Too good lol

Ah sorry guys, Rob's made me laugh and I was trying to put something together quickly. Maybe OT5?

Since I haven't really enjoyed this gen of Pokemon as much as past (and think the online sucks worse than it has.. how do we move backwards?) I guess I tend to only stick around here now. Just a lot I don't like about it. (Don't hate it all, but think there's more I dislike than like.)

I feel you on that. XY was ok, I liked the character customization but I thought the story was very bland. I didn't even play sun and moon because I didn't really like how it looked. I just watched it on YouTube instead. First mainline game I haven't played.

Muku

He gets a pass since we now have Odin to beef up his capabilities and he still commands massive ATK.

Plus his TM is amazing

For me I don't like things I have to sac their own shit to do damage or heal. That's why Alma sucks. I think it's her LB that she loses HP to heal others or something. She sucks anyway. Dumb rock thrower. (Only redeeming reason to keep her is for Trust. Then dump her like a bad habit once you get it.)

Alkez, I hear that. XY was okay. ORAS actually made me like R/S. Before then R/S was my most hated gen. I beat Sun a while back. Caught all legendaries and Ultra Beasts recently. Finishing up Living Dex via it. Then going to start Moon and get the legendaries and UBs from it. And the few Pokemon for Dex. (Yeah I could GTS it or WT but it's cool, I'll go catch them myself.) Sun got day 1 because husband said I should play it despite not being overly interested in this gen. Or I should say hyped. Moon was for Christmas. I'll have played and beat them both and move on. And don't worry. Online BLOWWWWWWS. Last gen had better online (despite losing communication tools for online trading with B/W.) Now you can only be online in one specific area. So you can't play and wait for someone to get online or do random trades for fun.

For me I don't like things I have to sac their own shit to do damage or heal. That's why Alma sucks. I think it's her LB that she loses HP to heal others or something. She sucks anyway. Dumb rock thrower. (Only redeeming reason to keep her is for Trust. Then dump her like a bad habit once you get it.)

Odin helps a lot here by giving him access to decent attacks that arent Dark based

Mainly Lance and Bladeblitz sooo

Yeah you still have to mess around with him on the Materia and Gear side

Dual Weild with Kitchen Knife gives him a decent single target Nuke?

You can make him work but by now you mostly likely have a physical unit that does everything better :/

yeah DKC is still pretty much a booby prize of the 5 star bases

Muku

I made second place? HOW?!?!

Visit my channel people!

Edit: pantherlotus you DIABOLIC BEING

Pick up your game!! LOL

As for Donkey Kong, maybe he's good if he's your first. But yeah, I don't think he'd be replacing my Luneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom