• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Halo 2 is a known quantity. I'm keeping an eye on this with cautious optimism, if I see that 343i has fixed the issues with Halo 4 I can see myself picking up the Kinect-less XB1 for this.

Agreed. I will not trust ANY major reviews, because almost all of them missed the crucial flaw of Halo 4: The fact that it was comparatively boring when compared with all previous efforts. Best listen to what Halo fans have to say about it.

Okay Ms, you managed to make me scare of your presser (in a very good way). Please deliver on the hype!

Bring Shenmue 3!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
She can cloned.

She even says to MC "There'll pair you with another, but she won't be me"

Naomi (who is female) is the other Spartan who can be paired with an A.I.

that? sure. i assumed these people literally meant that that is cortana in a physical form.

You ask that as if you're unaware of the way endlessly serialized entertainment works. Nothing stops popular characters if they still have potential to be repackaged for all eternity. I can think of a few flesh-and-blood dudes who lost their entire bodies a bunch of times, and that didn't really slow them down.

oh, cortana will be back for sure. she may even be back as an AI in the mystery characters armor.

lantus

As someone who has enjoyed Halo since it came into existense and absolutely hated Halo 4, I am just not excited by this.

mcrommert

Banned
tumblr_m1e56tgYui1rqnz7wo1_500.gif

OMG, I need to go outside and have a moment. So happy.

60fps
dedicated servers
ranking system 1-50
good maps
no custom load outs.
No random weapon drops.
NO Armour Abilities

bring me this 343.

Random drops never bothered me but based on how the community reacted they can go. Only thing i disagree with is custom load outs...I think they can do less than halo 4 and still have some modification.

Can I just say... We need armour that doesn't look hyper shiny. I thought that Reach was better in that aspect. The armour in Halo 4 looked WAY too clean for me to believe that it has been in service. Petty of me? Yes.

If you told me that screen shot/box art they put out was for a new Titanfall, i would have instantly believed you. That guys armor doesnt look very Halo to me and just screams Titanfall.
Can I just say... We need armour that doesn't look hyper shiny. I thought that Reach was better in that aspect. The armour in Halo 4 looked WAY too clean for me to believe that it has been in service. Petty of me? Yes.

I know. I always thought that the Halo 4 design looked way too Gundam and anime for some reason. Never liked it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wonder if 343i are bringing the story structure of halo 2 back, with two playable characters. I'm thinking the spartan on top is Palmer with her new armor, tasked to hunt down the rough chief. Of course the bad ass on the bottom is chief himself. It would be a very interesting story mechanic to play as Palmer, hunting down chief in the campaign, and having to play as a rough chief, looking for that forunner structure on that dusty ass planet. Just speculation based on hype!

It's not Palmer and it is not a girl.

Dragon

Banned
Not being a big Halo fan, is it normal to have a Halo game revealed so far in advance (last E3) and not have it come out until 2015?

Metfanant

Not being a big Halo fan, is it normal to have a Halo game revealed so far in advance (last E3) and not have it come out until 2015?

Frankly..I feel like Halo is perpetually "revealed." There is never any shock when a Halo game is shown (to me anyway)...I mean MS created an entire studio for the franchise..

It's like being shocked that there is a new CoD or BF is being developed...

A little more inline with your question though...MS didn't exactly have a whole bunch of heavy hitters to show off last year...

Woorloog

Banned
It's not Palmer and it is not a girl.

Cortana isn't necessarily a girl either...

UNSC AIs have definitive gender, since they're created from human brains, persons, no? So in practice it means it is not Cortana either.
Very good... Now this is interesting.

All i need is for MS to show something truly interesting for Xbone in addition to Halo and they've got me on board.

I think one of the best theories I've seen is that the top spartan is hunting down the chief for going rogue.

2 character campaign similar to Halo 2.

pringles

That press release didn't even answer basic questions like "how big will Cortana's breasts be", "how detailed will you make her ladybits" and "seriously brah, how big will her boobs be??".

BTM

I didn't think a simple announcement of the title could get me pumped, I was wrong. This game will really show what 343i are capable of and I think (hope) that they're going to knock it out of the park.

As for Halo in 2014, Halo 2 anniversary with ports of 3, 4 and maybe even CE Anniversary and Reach would be enough to get me through until Fall of 2015.

Frankly..I feel like Halo is perpetually "revealed." There is never any shock when a Halo game is shown (to me anyway)...I mean MS created an entire studio for the franchise..

It's like being shocked that there is a new CoD or BF is being developed...

A little more inline with your question though...MS didn't exactly have a whole bunch of heavy hitters to show off last year...

The hype is not because we did not know that Halo 5 exists. It is because Halo is the biggest franchise of past generation. That game that all Halo fans want to play and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom