• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U in the wild

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
debug unit apparently (maybe i dunno)

https://twitter.com/FDC_BOOTY_STARR/status/241117275850166272/photo/1

FCmE8.jpg

utuLW.jpg

hachi

Banned
How on earth is Ubisoft allowed to give these away? I'm so confused.

More importantly: WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BOX?

skip

fragdolls are the front line for Ubisoft at trade/fan events. assuredly this is them setting up for PAX.

Het_Nkik

Wuuuut.

Took me a second to realize that weird diagonal line caught by the light is from that clear plastic they put over new electronics to keep them from scratching.

Nibel

You know that it could be that glossy because they've put something in front of the disc drive to prevent dirt getting inside, right?

Anyways: black is the new black

Nosgoroth

Wilderness sightings aaaand we still have no price or release date, this is fun.

And white for me too. Why couldn't they just make them matte?

hachi

Banned
fragdolls are the front line for Ubisoft at trade/fan events. assuredly this is them setting up for PAX.

Now that sounds reasonable.

On a related note, the thick black cord sticking out of the box looks suspiciously like a Gamepad tether to me.

Solo Act

I don't understand how these are swag 2 full months before launch. And it's not even done in secret - they're talking about it on Twitter. Weird.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Those are debug kits.. the grey cable in the box connects to an antenna port on the back of the kit..

Gaspode_T

I am curious about dimensions, if it is wide I am worried...

I literally have no where to fit a horizontal console, the Wii is currently snuck in next to our DVR because it can be vertically fit inside the top part of our TV cabinet...If this is long it makes it even worse...I would have to basically kick one of PS3 or 360 out of the setup and into extra room, or put the Wii U in a strange place like on top of the TV cabinet...actually I would have to get an HDMI switcher too...kind of an awkward position to be fighting for HDMI slots but that is the reality of the living room

What we need is to see if there is an external switch like on the debug GCs to switch between US/JPN. That was a good night on IGN forums before US launch where people had hooked the PCB up.

(There won't be :( )

Get a Wii U now so you can play all the cool games that aren't coming out for another three months!

Or play Wii games on it I guess.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Now that I got passed the initial excitement...

What the hell!?

How could they give out those as swag? This is breaking NDA for sure or something.

Top Bottom