• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

More questions :

• Any open guilds?
  • Which the 'idea' for saving vs fodder'ing SSS? I have a ton of lower rarity stuff, but not sure which SSS are safe to use for limit breaking.
  • Who should I take w/ my Boden? Is there any reason I wouldn't take Drunken Falcon guy? The guide I'm looking over said to take the Arrow Trigger, but I have no idea why. fwiw, I'm a Paladin as well.

You can try joining the guild I'm in, Absorenity. It has 1000 GB minimum combined (so like you can do 500 each of Hero and Buster League), which is really easy to make considering picking 3 other top guildies can pretty much carry you.

Certain deities require a particular SSS unit. They are the Awakened deities. You'll want to save the SSS units that you want to make their Awakened versions of. There's also the fact that to make a deity, the SSS unit you're deifying has to be the same class, though that's obvious enough. No other reason to save an SSS as opposed to foddering it.

You're talking about the free Boden unit you get, right? Yeah, Falcon is the best unit to get. The guide you're using must be really outdated.

Pejo

More questions :

• Any open guilds?
  • Which the 'idea' for saving vs fodder'ing SSS? I have a ton of lower rarity stuff, but not sure which SSS are safe to use for limit breaking.
  • Who should I take w/ my Boden? Is there any reason I wouldn't take Drunken Falcon guy? The guide I'm looking over said to take the Arrow Trigger, but I have no idea why. fwiw, I'm a Paladin as well.

Getting Falcon and then getting cooldown reduction gear on him is a huge upgrade in survivability.

If you go in to the ally menu and look at Deities/Busters and click the create button, it will show you everything you need (allies, essences, money) to create them. That way you can kinda plan out what you're saving and using as fodder. As far as I'm concerned, anything other than SSS is automatically fodder. I always use SS to enhance SSS's, but I'm sure others will say to use S's. I just hate wasting time/money/essences on failed attempts.

Pejo

Whew, finally got to 50 Titan essences, was able to craft my transcended essences, and now have a T. Greysoul +0.

It's going to take forever to max him, it seems. 3 SSS class fodder and 20 of the combined essences to even get to +1. Damn Dragon Blaze, you keep upping that grind game.

*Edit* holy shit, just got him to level 104 and he single handedly took my Hydra score from 138~mil to ~750 mil at +0.

Well, I'm satisfied with that upgrade...

Whizkid7

Whew, finally got to 50 Titan essences, was able to craft my transcended essences, and now have a T. Greysoul +0.

It's going to take forever to max him, it seems. 3 SSS class fodder and 20 of the combined essences to even get to +1. Damn Dragon Blaze, you keep upping that grind game.

*Edit* holy shit, just got him to level 104 and he single handedly took my Hydra score from 138~mil to ~750 mil at +0.

Well, I'm satisfied with that upgrade...

Just a little more gold and I'll have T. Bloodwind. Between him and Helios I can't wait to see the spike in scores.

Takuan

Just a little more gold and I'll have T. Bloodwind. Between him and Helios I can't wait to see the spike in scores.

Jesus. Alright, I'll continue grinding LE to get T. Bloodwind up to snuff (only need to Ult Ouranos). I really want to max Helios first, but it seems I'm better off focusing on BW.

Salamande

This almost makes up for the other shitty rolls. Almost.

zwzxRoZ.jpg

Jesus. Alright, I'll continue grinding LE to get T. Bloodwind up to snuff (only need to Ult Ouranos). I really want to max Helios first, but it seems I'm better off focusing on BW.

sigh...
now i've got all the needed money, but i need an incredible amount of LE to ult ouranos..

as for tbloodwind, is it worth to include him into WB teams even unehnanced?
I'm really low on essences, and I don't know if it's worth to buy them or farm them via shoes...

Thanks for the help guys. I feel I'm making progress!

Where are the typical farm spots? I'm really hurting for earrings now, but generally fodder helps too.

Can't seem to spend all my shoes.

Pejo

sigh...
now i've got all the needed money, but i need an incredible amount of LE to ult ouranos..

as for tbloodwind, is it worth to include him into WB teams even unehnanced?
I'm really low on essences, and I don't know if it's worth to buy them or farm them via shoes...

If Greysoul is any metric to go by, the Transcended Dracos are insane even at +0. I went up 600 million on Hydra with no other change to my party. He wasn't even max level, I think that was around level 102 or something.

Thanks for the help guys. I feel I'm making progress!

Where are the typical farm spots? I'm really hurting for earrings now, but generally fodder helps too.

Can't seem to spend all my shoes.

Farm red stages on any zone that drops either equipment or essences that you need, preferably both. You can see what drops from that zone's "Rewards" button at the bottom when you're selecting stages. Keep in mind, the good stuff is always Red stages only.

If Greysoul is any metric to go by, the Transcended Dracos are insane even at +0. I went up 600 million on Hydra with no other change to my party. He wasn't even max level, I think that was around level 102 or something.

Farm red stages on any zone that drops either equipment or essences that you need, preferably both. You can see what drops from that zone's "Rewards" button at the bottom when you're selecting stages. Keep in mind, the good stuff is always Red stages only.
perfect..
I've now around 30 "trash" sss left..
it should be enough to ult ouranos (it's +8, so 1 to max, and then ult) hence more than enough leftover for bloodwind..
i have to farm all the stuff for the essences though, which is a royal pain..

I could theoritically buy them, but i only have 4800 crystal, and i'd rather keep a staple amount for shoes//1+1 :|

Wait for patch - there's Shrine of Shabelle coming so we will get bonus to essence rates in it.

Imho +0 draco won't outperform ult Tyr and Sasha but I only have BA and DC so I haven't tested it personally.

Wait for patch - there's Shrine of Shabelle coming so we will get bonus to essence rates in it.

Imho +0 draco won't outperform ult Tyr and Sasha but I only have BA and DC so I haven't tested it personally.

still, my part is currently
ult sasha
ult tyr
+0 omega
+2 iota
mc (mag priest with epsilon+0 on death or warrior with db +0)..
so assumedly, when i don't need mc priest, I might as well rock archer mc with ouranos ult?
or i can switch to pally mc using omega and throw in the tdraco of choice (bloodwind)

in any possible puzzle combination, a draco will at worse leave my score unchanged, at best increase it :)
my only gripe is that i've been inactive for quite some time (almost one year...) so I did not have any resource to invest into giants, lest i risked doing a "so-so" giants innuendo and then skip completely t-dracos..
if they continue with this speed, i expect t-angels right around the corner....

secondary note... 1500 jar for the 5sss worth it?
technically with 1800 i get 4 sss and a shitload of other s//ss fodder, so i'm wondering whether it actually made sense..

Right in this case t.draco can only help :)

And you have 30 SSS fodders do you really need more ? ;) I'd say you want as many essences as possible for now.

Both of which I'm currently short on for making T.Bloodwind. Only sitting on 7 SSS and 15 L.Essense at the moment. Just farming essence for now.

At the rate auto farming happens in this game I can generate a lot more SSS than essences needed to enhance characters. I thought it was silly for the game to have the option of converting sss to trans essences but have already done that with close to a dozen sss allies now.

I wish I had this "too many SSS" problem.

Limit

At the rate auto farming happens in this game I can generate a lot more SSS than essences needed to enhance characters. I thought it was silly for the game to have the option of converting sss to trans essences but have already done that with close to a dozen sss allies now.

So where should I be spending my tickets on. I'm sitting on about 5-600 at the moment. I've stalled on the Tower for the moment. Just keep pumping into raids to get more Freed sets for allies?

Ventara

So where should I be spending my tickets on. I'm sitting on about 5-600 at the moment. I've stalled on the Tower for the moment. Just keep pumping into raids to get more Freed sets for allies?

We're getting a new raid tomorrow. If you can get to it, it will have the best sets and you should dump all tickets there.

Limit

Reading up on changes. I'm not against nerfing units to deal with power creep. What did make me raise my eyebrow was seeing something akin to daily dungeon. Stuff you can only farm on a particular day. I have always hated that in other games because my schedule slowly starts revolving around the game vs. game accommodating to my schedule. So that's iffy. But this update is months away so for now I'm taking wait and see approach.

Anyone here excels in world bosses? I managed to score more 250 bil with max bloodwind. Sitting on the edge of top 100 but ever so far away. Currently rocking dot plus piercing damage on him, cdr on all my pallies, and cdr plus dot on everyone else. I feel like I'm missing some important weapon effect for WB.

Is it only a placebo effect or is Nightmare much easier shortly after it resets ?

I manager to clear both and scored 22 essences plus 3 or 4 SS allies so it was nice boost :)

Takuan

Is it only a placebo effect or is Nightmare much easier shortly after it resets ?

I manager to clear both and scored 22 essences plus 3 or 4 SS allies so it was nice boost :)

Nope, I got faced up against teams with max's T-units and fully ulted busters.

I don't appear to be getting today's quest objective completed despite having done it a few times now. Not sure what's up. Do I actually have to win??

Well I faced max TBW and TBS but Bloodwind died in an instant - it looks like all attacks in initial moment of battle hit transcended allies so dps ones are gone in an instant.

KimChi

Nope, I got faced up against teams with max's T-units and fully ulted busters.

I don't appear to be getting today's quest objective completed despite having done it a few times now. Not sure what's up. Do I actually have to win??
Nope, take a look at the weekly task. It says "except nightmare, guild related"

Nah, I faced a full trans draco team that was all maxed on floor 5 lol.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Yeah, I used to be able to clear Buster Nightmare fairly easily but now I'm lucky to make it to stage 4 or 5.

*boops KimChi*

Mother of God grinding L.Essence is a giant pain in the ass.

I'm just setting Ancient Library to auto for as long as I can. Is there a better way to get them outside of buying?

I radically underestimated the resources required to make a Trans. Damn.

Pejo

Mother of God grinding L.Essence is a giant pain in the ass.

I'm just setting Ancient Library to auto for as long as I can. Is there a better way to get them outside of buying?

I radically underestimated the resources required to make a Trans. Damn.

Better, not really. You get more efficiency by grinding stages when the dungeon drop buffs are on though. The side effect to grinding them is that you also get gold, which you also need a lot of. If you have gold + % accessories, put it on, buy the auto-salvage pet, and just grind while you're at work/not paying attention.

Salamande

Don't forget about the +50% essence drop rate increase buff in Shabelle's Sanctuary. You'll need to catch it before 6:00 EST, and it lasts 4 hours.

Limit

I have been getting most amount of essences while farming early in the morning. I start up the game at 6am and come back from work around 4pm to 25-30 trans essences with 1400ish burnt shoes. Pretty decent.

Full buff +shabelle weekend turned out pretty awesome. I've got my t.DC to Max, deified and Ulted Rollo and Windlune and created Thanatos +2.

After that I'm completely out of SSS so I'll have to switch to farming 4-3 chapter to make as many trans essences as possible. At least in next few 3 waves I only need Ravengale+0 and Kymael+0.

Limit

Gear farming has taken me away from farming, except during shabelle essence buff times. I am aiming for Gaela and am far far away from maxing her. Almost inclined to just spend rubies to buy essences. Almost.

Pejo

I have been getting most amount of essences while farming early in the morning. I start up the game at 6am and come back from work around 4pm to 25-30 trans essences with 1400ish burnt shoes. Pretty decent.

How do you AFK farm 1400 shoes without filling inventory? I use salvage pet, but those fucking cards always fill my inventory and cause it to stop after a few hundred.

Takuan

Was so excited to finally transcend bloodwind that I forgot to unequip

Now to grind a full set of Noah dex gear for him all over again, yay

Limit

Why not Minos?

On grinding front it is clear to me now that it takes about 3.5 to 4 weeks to get enough trans essences to go from making a trans char to maxing it. SSS allies aren't an issue. They will come just from all the essence grinding. This seems about right. A few months ago we were experiencing the same with keys. Took about a month to make one.

Takuan

Why not Minos?

On grinding front it is clear to me now that it takes about 3.5 to 4 weeks to get enough trans essences to go from making a trans char to maxing it. SSS allies aren't an issue. They will come just from all the essence grinding. This seems about right. A few months ago we were experiencing the same with keys. Took about a month to make one.

I'm practically deadweight vs Noah, so I'd probably get one-shotted by Minos.

Well at least most of angels can be skipped.

But I really regret not taking Ragnarok for my free buster - with ch5 revolution to stats and skills Lly drops to bottom tier while Gaela holds her position better and would be better in pvp.

I'm still undecided on Ravengale - I can't max her and I already own all support keys at Ult so I wonder if there's much sense in making her and keeping at +0. I could use to essence to upgrade t.BA faster. I guess I'll wait to see Golem scores and if I'm still in 5% I'll ignore her.

Limit

I'm planning on making and keeping ravengale at plus 3. She'll probably be better than one slot that my GS takes in WBs and plus 3 because enhancing to that level is still cheap, resource wise.

StuffRuff

So if I start a new account I get access to:

2 x Draco Deity Tickets
1 x Angel Deity Ticket
1 x Boden Deity Ticket
2 x Dragon Buster / Darl Soul Key Tickets
2 x Hero Tickets

Any advice on what to take?!

I was thinking at least 1 Draco as Blackaria and then an Epsilon Key.

Not sure about the others?

A lot of guides recommending 1 x Draco = Bloodwind, Angel = Llywelyn, Boden = Arrow Trigger and then make a Ouranos Key.

What about the spare Dragon Buster / Dark Soul Key? Go for a Rogue Hero with one ticket and get Stigma?

Most of the guides online don't take into account that most of the Dark Soul Key's are out now so I'm not sure if they are better or worst than the Buster's?!

Top Bottom