• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : December Edition Thread | Our wallet may not cry but our backlogs will

Pranay

For Everything you want to know about Playstation Plus - Here

8179319692_e10290cb10.jpg

EU -

PS + - 1 year subscription - £39.99

PlayStation Plus December content:

5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) [German and Australian will get a different game]
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)

Titles removed from IGC:

5th December: Crysis 2 (PS3)
5th December: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (PS3)
5th December: Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
19th December: Chronovolt (PS Vita)
21st December: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)

Discounts -

TBA

Archive -

Available -

inFamous 2 [December 31]
MotorStorm Apocalypse [December 31]
LittleBigPlanet 2 [December 31]
Starhawk SP [December 31]
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Bulletstorm
Rachet and Clank All 4 in one

Note - Game will be removed on the store on the dates mentioned above

Expired -

Hell Yeah Wrath of the rabbit
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Red Dead Redepmtion
Saints Row 2
Tomb Raider Guardian of light
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Chime HD
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown [Game of the Month]
Deus Ex Human Revolution [Game of the Month]
Dead Space 2 [Game of the Month]
Rock of Ages [Game of the Month]
Retro/Grade
Machinarium

Vita -
Avaialble -

Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Chronovolt
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
-----------------------------------

US -

Week 1 -

8232547453_3d73808ab8.jpg

Week 2 -

TBA

Week 3 -

TBA

Week 4 -

TBA

Archive -

Available -

inFAMOUS 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
King of Fighters 13
Resident Evil 5 Gold edition
Quantum Coundrum
Payday The Heist
Dungeon Defender
Blood Rayne Betrayal
Outland
Double Dragon Neon
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Expired -

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Saints Row 2
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Renegade Ops
Borderlands
Walking Dead Episode 1 and 2
Choplifter HD
Sideway NY
Gothom City Imposters
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Hard Corp: Uprising
Just Cause 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
NFL Blitz

Vita -
Available -
Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Jet Set radio
Final Fantasy Tactics
Wipeout 2048
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Guevara

Dumb question: as a Vita and PS3 owner, what's the best way to get PS+? Through the store on the PS3 with a credit card or will that be as terrible as giving MS a credit card?

Ponn

Banned
Are you kidding me? I would love all three of those PS3 games for free on PSplus. They did good on the vita U.S. plus side so i'm not expecting much here in dec.

Pranay

Dumb question: as a Vita and PS3 owner, what's the best way to get PS+? Through the store on the PS3 with a credit card or will that be as terrible as giving MS a credit card?

You can buy plus though ps cards available in amazon i think.

Ill add it in the op

Andrefpvs

That EU December update.

Still, I hope the Vita IGC evolves from 4 games to 6 like the US, then I'll have absolutely no complaints about the EU service. So good.

Gadirok

8179319692_e10290cb10.jpg

EU -

PlayStation Plus December content:

12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)

Are you kidding me? This is making me rage at the US store even more and just making our + look like a tootsie roll (US) compared to a reese cup (EU).

Arkham City and Vanquish? I'm glad I got rid of Arkham city, but I doubt that will ever show up on the US front.

Holy shit this is so great. I bought PS+ last week and it already more than paid for itself. Arkham City is so mine. Vanguish is a great addition.

Duffyside

Banned
Now that the EU lineup is confirmed, I'm a bit annoyed that VANQUISH is coming the same day as Arkham City. I'm worried people will overlook it, since Batman is obviously the bigger game.

VANQUISH deserves its own month. (Arkham City's good too)

It feels like I need to come into every god damn PS+ thread just to comment about how fucking bad ass it is. Stop being so awesome Sony!
don't ever change

Aru

Ehhhhh Mortal Kombat for Vita.
I want this on US PS+ (already beaten Arkham City and Vanquish, so I don't mind not getting these !) :eek:

Duffyside

Banned
Are you kidding me? This is making me rage at the US store even more and just making our + look like a tootsie roll (US) compared to a reese cup (EU).

Arkham City and Vanquish? I'm glad I got rid of Arkham city, but I doubt that will ever show up on the US front.

US hasn't even announced their first week game yet, and we're not even out of the month where we got the better Vita lineup, yet you're already complaining about this? Is this your pre-emptive strike?

Pranay

GTA sales 50% off for regular members [additional 10% for plus members]

Grand Theft Auto IV (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£9.99
Additional 10% discount for Plus subscribers

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£9.99

Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €34.99/£27.99, now €17.99/£13.99

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle (Not available in Kuwait, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, UAE)
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE)
Was €17.99/£13.99, now €8.99/£7.29

lantus

US PSN+ is going to suck in order to balance out the complete awesomeness in EU. Maybe this is karma for the US getting all the greatness a while back?

Gadirok

US hasn't even announced their first week game yet, and we're not even out of the month where we got the better Vita lineup, yet you're already complaining about this? Is this your pre-emptive strike?

I admit, we received the better + month but Jet Set Radio and WipEout 2048 compared to what EU offers on PS+ on the PS3 is dissapointing. Its still phenomenal value on both ends but anyone could clearly see what the EU has delivered is much better in terms of content/value.

They have received most of the games the US received and on top of that Deus Ex:HR, RDR, Darksiders, Crysis 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, etc, and an incredible supply of content.

Not saying I don't appreciate +, but I guess some of us have different preferences.

I would gladly exchange my US subscription for EU given their track record. I don't expect the US to be close to the EU, but that's only because I look at the AAA games over the smaller PSN titles.

Its going to be hard for US to equal or even top what the EU has offered.

Ponn

Banned

The vita lineup was a diamond in the rough and was a big F'n surprise. It was a surprise because U.S. psplus has been awful for months.

Look Sony, I know the US loves Xbox 360 more than PS3 (I don't know why), but Europe gets all the cool PS+ stuff.....please give us better stuff....thanks.

JeTmAn81

PS+ is amazing. It was the right idea to essentially create an ever-expanding library of free games for continuing subscribers, but motivating you to stay subscribed all the time by requiring you to get them in your download list each month. This is actually a value.

Pranay

Yeah, SCEE is really awesome. Makes me wonder how the publishers and Sony agree to putting a game on PS+.

Selling DLC
More people having a chance to play the predecessor
Also earning some revenue from it as well.

TBH the ones who have earned the most from this is InFamous and Little Big planet.

Lpb DLC i heard sells a lot and InFamous 2 is the most downloaded game on plus

Festival of Blood also has selling a lot despite being a year old psn game now

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watch NA get

3 vs 3 NHL Arcade (due to Lockout)
SSX (Snowboarding YAY!)
2 Pixel Junk Games - Eden + DLC & Shooter 1

Thank Fuck I hoarded a few PS+ Euro Codes, I'll have PS+ Euro till January 16th 2013... Hooray!

I hope SCEA puts a game that I would never buy it, but wouldn't mind playing like UMVC3 or SSFIV. Or put MGS HD PS3 and PSV so I don't have to buy it.

tootsie roll > reese cup

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition expires next week in the US, so we are getting at least one big retail game this month.

Top Bottom