• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

yacobod

Banned
Zombie nog should be taken out back and shit like a broken down race horse.

He should have retired after the nice win over glass jaw schaub.

He loses bad to most ufc heavies.

Zombie nog should be taken out back and shit like a broken down race horse.

He should have retired after the nice win over glass jaw schaub.

He loses bad to most ufc heavies.

I think Nog can still hang with them. The only heavies that can beat him are JDS,Overeem and Cain. Otherwise I think he beats them all.

I really would have liked him to fight Lesnar. That has FoTN written all over it.

Why u leave off mur who tkod and broke his arm?

Fluke wins. Like I said before, Nog lost because of horrible reffing. He was clearly not hitting Mir in the back of the head and Herb called him out than went for the sub. Thats terrible reffing 101. Nog was in the right and was 1 or 2 punches away from victory. We would have been seeing Nog vs Cain 2 next week instead.

yacobod

Banned
Fluke wins. Like I said before, Nog lost because of horrible reffing. He was clearly not hitting Mir in the back of the head and Herb called him out than went for the sub. Thats terrible reffing 101. Nog was in the right and was 1 or 2 punches away from victory. We would have been seeing Nog vs Cain 2 next week instead.
No fluke when you get stopped twice.

Up next samurai explains fedors wins over nog were flukes.

Heel

A man who was seconds away from losing to Big Nog in 2012 is fighting for the championship of the world. We need not say a single thing more on the subject, friends.

yacobod

Banned
Who was the ufc going to feed jds after fraudreem failed his drug test?

All this misplaced mur hate should be redirected to fraudreem.

Who the fuck are you guys crapping?

MjFrancis

A man who was seconds away from losing to Big Nog in 2012 is fighting for the championship of the world. We need not say a single thing more on the subject, friends.

Not much more to say, really. The HW division is the anti-LW division. Shallow as a mud puddle.

Hunt would be a hard sell who you crappin
Mir is an even harder sell. I can't help but laugh every time I see that ad where someone is texting someone with their iPhone in all caps "WHO CAN BEAT THIS GUY" and then it cuts to a guy who effectively was TKO'd by Zombie Nog. Had Herb reffed that fight like he did the Fedor/Hendo fight that's definitely what would have happened.

Who the fuck is the UFC crappin with that? I'd honestly take Mark Hunt over that because of the style matchup. Rankings and records don't tell you everything.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dana doesn't want a near .500 fighter without major wins even having a chance to win the HW title.

Well that is, unless he's a former WWE champion.

TheNatural

My Member!
Why we talking about Mir and JDS anyway? I'm actually interested in Strikeforce this weekend. Barnett by GnP is my prediction, and Gil is going to handle Thompson easy in the worthless Strikeforce lightweight division.

Heel

Gilbert Melendez Admits Motivation for Josh Thomson Fight Is ‘Not the Easiest’

Being a big fish in a small pond can be a frustrating endeavor in the subjective, insulated world of mixed martial arts. Fairly or unfairly, a fighter is often only as good as his résumé, and when that résumé begins lacking the flashier names of his counterparts, regaining momentum to climb up the divisional rankings can seem like an impossible task.

It's an inherently skewed system, but it's the only one we've got, and it's the one the Gilbert Melendez has been struggling with for years. Despite being universally heralded as one of the top-three lightweights in the world, Melendez has drifted into divisional limbo as the Strikeforce lightweight champion.

Shaun Al-Shatti, confirmed MMA-GAF lurker.

MjFrancis

I'd rather rewatch Cerrone tool Stephens again than watch Mir fight anyone. I'm still bitter for having paid for Cro-Cop/Mir. Some of the most craptacular MMA I've ever been privy to. And I watch old DREAM matches for entertainment.

yacobod

Banned
I'm going to take Cormier in an upset. Barnett historically has always been weak against strikers, and Cormier will be good enough to keep it standing.

Heel

When is his deal up? If I were him, I would be getting on every single SF card to exhaust all the fights on his deal.

That article links to another that says it was a "multi-year deal". Nice little article though, it describes the situation and his opinion on it very plainly.

"I was having some high hopes, and I think even Dana (White) had high hopes," Melendez admitted. "It was looking positive. I don't know the politics behind-the-scenes and I don't know exactly what happened, but it just never came to.

"I understand why no one (will come). I think Strikeforce and Showtime is a great promotion, and they've done great things, but it's no secret that the main stage is the UFC. Some people don't want to go into Strikeforce, and maybe, they don't want to get stuck there. I understand where they're coming from."

Why we talking about Mir and JDS anyway? I'm actually interested in Strikeforce this weekend. Barnett by GnP is my prediction, and Gil is going to handle Thompson easy in the worthless Strikeforce lightweight division.
I think Thomson is gonna do a Patrick Cote impression and blow out his knee during the fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm going to take Cormier in an upset. Barnett historically has always been weak against strikers, and Cormier will be good enough to keep it standing.

Cormier was considered a wrestler with no striking before he KO'ed Big Foot. Big Foot was considered just a big guy with no coordination or talent before he destroyed Fedor.

It's like a giant stack of cards that goes back to the patient zero of paper tigers.

Heel

Cormier was considered a wrestler with no striking before he KO'ed Big Foot. Big Foot was considered just a big guy with no coordination or talent before he destroyed Fedor.

It's like a giant stack of cards that goes back to the patient zero of paper tigers.

Like I said earlier, his striking progression has been unreal. I don't think it was a fluke, as he made huge strides between the Cole and Monson fight as well. He looks very fluid on his feet now. Training at AKA will do that to you.

I agree with yaco. I don't think a Cormier upset is out of the question at all.

TheNatural

My Member!
Like I said earlier, his striking progression has been unreal. I don't think it was a fluke, as he made huge strides between the Cole and Monson fight as well. He looks very fluid on his feet. Training at AKA will do that to you.

I agree with yaco. I don't think a Cormier upset is out of the question at all.

At least you know what you're getting with Barnett. A big ass dude who does one thing well, and can finish if he gets you on the ground. One of the few fighters left anymore who are deadly from the mount.

Maybe Cormier pulls it off, no one knows enough about him yet to know if he's legit, at least not off of KO'ing Big Foot.

And oh, I just read you-know-who says his last fight may be his fight with Rizzo. Hallelujah.

yacobod

Banned

overbirth.jpg

Heel

At least you know what you're getting with Barnett. A big ass dude who does one thing well, and can finish if he gets you on the ground. One of the few fighters left anymore who are deadly from the mount.

Maybe Cormier pulls it off, no one knows enough about him yet to know if he's legit, at least not off of KO'ing Big Foot.

And oh, I just read you-know-who says his last fight may be his fight with Rizzo. Hallelujah.

Well, if Barnett mounts a former Olympic medalist we can go ahead and move him to the unstoppable category.

How can he be retiring? He hasn't even reached his prime, brah.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well, if Barnett mounts a former Olympic medalist we can go ahead and move him to the unstoppable category.

How can he be retiring? He hasn't even reached his prime, brah.

He's moving on to reach the prime in his true career calling: Russian ice cream eating champion. It is an upgrade though, the soft serve ice cream won't be softer than his career slate of opponents.

Heel

yacobud, did your eyes well up with tears when you entered your first dungeon and saw the resolution of the hellspawn in Diablo III yes or not.

Heel

Yep I'm rooting for him to because the only way the UFC signs him is if he wins this, while Cormier will get signed regardless of the result.

But a Barnett loss could lead to Barnett vs. Fedor on NYE without the needless formality of a urine test. I ain't mad at that.

Top Bottom