• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As great as this OT is, it reminded me that Miguel Sapochnik isn't directing an episode this season which made me sad and, frankly, a little bit upset.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
As great as this OT is, it reminded me that Miguel Sapochnik isn't directing an episode this season which made me sad and, frankly, a little bit upset.

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure the guys they got will do a great job but a huge battle directed by Miguel Sapochnik is guaranteed to be awesome. Battle of the Bastards is, to me, the Saving Private Ryan of medieval battles.

Aurongel

It really is discouraging that they couldn't get him back for this season. Battle of the Bastards is some of the best television there is - full stop.

Ogni-XR21

Checking in.

To be honest I'm not really hyped yet. Looking forward to it, sure, but nowhere near as much as back when season 3 or 4 started...

Been watching seasons 1-6, with a lot of skipping of the "boring" parts, this past week. I forgot how many good scenes were in the early episodes, so many choke up and "GO GET EM" moments. Dany taking command of her 8k unsullied force was so amazing, especially a few hours after watching her get molested by her brother, suffer dothraki culture shock, all that shit with Drogo and the witch, etc. Just finished the red wedding in season 3, looking forward to the Joffrey wedding in season 4...

If you haven't seen it yet the fan video with Seven Nation Army and great 1-6 GoT scenes is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQtH1aPMw8

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how this story ends. 6 years of sticking with some fantastic characters but I am ready to see how the story finishes.

Hopefully Dany arrives at Westeros and is hit in the face by an arrow or something and her Dothraki just kinda give up and go home.

Then the season can focus on interesting characters.

Moff

There is no HBO in Germany. :/ They still can get fucked for selling the rights to Sky of all places.

I am not sure if you can receive it in Germany, but the Swiss French Channel RTS Un will broadcast the latest episodes Monday 22:35 just like the past few years, it's in English.

There is no HBO in Germany. :/ They still can get fucked for selling the rights to Sky of all places.

Dude. 3€ for 3 months right now for the entertainment ticket.

https://skyticket.sky.de/aktionen/p...=15636&wkz=WAZL05T&zanpid=2319574162328967168

There is a channel that does but they are the fucking worst and like 2% of Germans pay for their nonsense, which is still too much.
HBO just felt like selling it to them instead of pretty much every other network.

And if it airs in Germany after a year or so it will be in German. Which is awful. Then I'll have to wait another few months so it comes out on DVD where i can finally watch it legally in english.

It's first world problems but sometimes I hate my country lmao.

Look above.

Wamb0wneD

So you've no idea when it will air in Germany? With how massive GoT is, I figured it pretty much aired in most countries at around the same time.

There is a channel that does but they are the fucking worst and like 2% of Germans pay for their nonsense, which is still too much.
HBO just felt like selling it to them instead of pretty much every other network.

And if it airs in Germany after a year or so it will be in German. Which is awful. Then I'll have to wait another few months so it comes out on DVD where i can finally watch it legally in english.

It's first world problems but sometimes I hate my country lmao.

Wamb0wneD

I am not sure if you can receive it in Germany, but the Swiss French Channel RTS Un will broadcast the latest episodes Monday 22:35 just like the past few years, it's in English.

Never heard of it, the only french channel i can see is arte lol. Maybe I'll find a way, thanks for the tip!

Dude. 3€ for 3 months right now for the entertainment ticket.

https://skyticket.sky.de/aktionen/p...=15636&wkz=WAZL05T&zanpid=2319574162328967168

Look above.

A ticket I'll definetly forget to cancel in time and pay for their bullshit. And even if I manage to remember in time, several friends had problems when canceling their stuff. Because it's Sky and Sky is fucking awful.

Not even to mention it belongs to Rupert Murdoch. Even 3 bucks is too much for that "person". FOX, the Sun and Sky can get lost.

But thanks for the help anyway. I don't want to shit up the thread with my ranting.

Never heard of it, the only french channel i can see is arte lol. Maybe I'll find a way, thanks for the tip!

A ticket I'll definetly forget to cancel in time and pay for their bullshit. And even if I manage to remember in time, several friends had problems when canceling their stuff. Because it's Sky and Sky is fucking awful.

Not even to mention it belongs to Rupert Murdoch. Even 3 bucks is too much for that "person". FOX, the Sun and Sky can get lost.

But thanks for the help anyway. I don't want to shit up the thread with my ranting.

Well then. You can canel the ticket right a way, FYI.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I'm pumped for the new season. Trying to weigh my options now as tot he best way to watch this season. Does anyone have any experience with streaming from HBO Now?

I'm pumped for the new season. Trying to weigh my options now as tot he best way to watch this season. Does anyone have any experience with streaming from HBO Now?

I did all last season. It's great until they run into technical difficulties and it goes out right before the new episode airs. Then the internet flips out and Twitter explodes. It happened...

Einchy

It's mostly good.

Last year I had some moments where the damn thing wouldn't load to 1080 and I had to refresh it a few times because it was "stuck" at a lower quality.

denx

I'm incredibly pumped for Season 7 but I still have to catch up to seasons 4, 5 and 6 lol. Maybe I souldn't be in this thread.

Speevy

Banned
This is me against this thread's post count

jonsword.gif

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I did all last season. It's great until they run into technical difficulties and it goes out right before the new episode airs. Then the internet flips out and Twitter explodes. It happened...

It's mostly good.

Last year I had some moments where the damn thing wouldn't load to 1080 and I had to refresh it a few times because it was "stuck" at a lower quality.

Okay. Thanks for the heads up. HBO is offering a month free right now. So no harm in trying. Hopefully the stream holds up. I'll try to let my roomies know what to expect in advanced.

Kalentan

I still wonder if Jon's origins will be revealed to the rest of the Northerners. If it is I do wonder how they will react. Got a feeling it might end up being used to kick him down from being King of the North.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

The new episodes should be up on Amazon Germany after they aired, it was so with the last two seasons if I remember correctly. Pretty expensive tho I think, like 4€ per episode...

Einchy

I still wonder if Jon's origins will be revealed to the rest of the Northerners. If it is I do wonder how they will react. Got a feeling it might end up being used to kick him down from being King of the North.

I'm thinking that's something that Bran will tell him one day and only they will know.

wiibomb

I think that plotline goes nowhere right now. what does Jon gain knowing that info? if he achieves to make the northern realms independent from kings landing, his heritage won't matter at all.

Gigglepoo

They already elevated a bastard-born zombie who deserted the Night's Watch and panicked in battle to king. What could he do that's worse than that?

It's slot better now than it was. It was the worst streaming service, like buffering constantly to shutting off. It's better now. It's how I will be watching it

Einchy

A part of the reason they were able to overlook him being a bastard is because they believe Ned is his father, and since they love and respect Ned so much, they were able to not give a fuck about the Snow part and make him an honorary Stark. I'm not sure how they would react, but I imagine it would shake their willingness to follow him, if they found out that Ned isn't his father and he is only a Stark via a woman.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Let's go Team My Faves. Can't wait to see Cersei get her shit kicked in. I'm still holding on to my belief that Bran is a fuckboi.

A part of the reason they were able to overlook him being a bastard is because they believe Ned is his father, and since they love and respect Ned so much, they were able to not give a fuck about the Snow part and make him an honorary Stark. I'm not sure how they would react, but I imagine it would shake their willingness to follow him, if they found out that Ned isn't his father and he is only a Stark via a woman.

You mean a rightful heir due his lineage?
Sansa would be ahead via direct bloodline, but they won't follow her into battle. They'd probably just let it be, as he's a Stark.

Littlefinger? Different story.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
You mean a rightful heir due his lineage?
Sansa would be ahead via direct bloodline, but they won't follow her into battle. They'd probably just let it be, as he's a Stark.

Littlefinger? Different story.
Are you saying that he's a Stark even after his true father is revealed? I would find that wholly inconsistent to how family lines are drawn out in Westeros.

I've seen people who want Jon to remain a Stark, while at the same time get all excited that who his father is means "he's the rightful heir". Ignoring the fact that we still don't know his parent's marriage status to each other, and the fact that joking the Night's Watch disavows one from all titles, they seem to want to have things both ways.

I was thinking the other day, with 15 episodes left how are they going to tie up all the loose ends. Then I realized that half, if not more of the main characters that are still alive will probably be dead by the end and there won't be much to tie up.

Einchy

I was thinking the other day, with 15 episodes left how are they going to tie up all the loose ends. Then I realized that half, if not more of the main characters that are still alive will probably be dead by the end and there won't be much to tie up.

All men must die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom