• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfried

faridmon said:
Tatsunoko is populer in Arab countries though. I wouldn't be surprised if its populer in Germany and France as well.
Why does everybody say "West" to mean only American? Who the hell do they think they are? [/monocle]

(Hokuto is popular in Italy)
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Does anybody know if this game will support GC controllers? I still have old namco sticks I want to use.
From what I know, yes.

faridmon

sfried said:
Why does everybody say "West" to mean only American? Who the hell do they think they are? [/monocle]

(Hokuto is popular in Italy)

Pure envy. They see that Japan, Korea and China took over the term East, and by the way of thinking that America is bigger than those 3 countries combines, its nautral for them to say, why don't we have the term West to ourself.

on the serious note though, i played TvC for the first time (which incedently was EU version) at Eurogamer Expo and loved it, even though i was button mashing
:lol

and i played with an Arcade Stick for the first time in my life (well, excluding Arcade cabinet, which i don't play that regularly), and i have to say it felt amazing. I am converted now.:D

which Arcade stick is good for me with this game?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the game works with GC controllers (so the Joyplus converter should work).

Madkatz did this btw

Sagitario

Ookami-kun said:
Taken from SRK's mumu:

4137011130_768eb832b3_b.jpg

4137011276_01db19352b_b.jpg

Quoted for new page!

I need to know the price...

Linkhero1 said:
Does anyone know if the Wii SE stick will use quick disconnects?

I can finally get a stick on the Wii :D
*paging MarkMan*

I don't see why it shouldn't. Looks like I can give my Wii Hori Fighting Sticks a rest, granted they weren't bad at all. Gonna grab some Seimitsu parts in a bit! :D

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Basically a Wii version of the standard Fight Stick for the other consoles eh? In which case it wouldn't have quick disconnects.
jrricky said:
:O. My first time to try out an arcade stick? yes! Need to know price before confirming a buy...
Don't like the current Wii arcade sticks?
I realize it's a cheaper Hori model but not bad for people who don't know if they'll like an arcade stick.

dallow_bg said:
Basically a Wii version of the standard Fight Stick for the other consoles eh? In which case it wouldn't have quick disconnects.
Uh, the SE Fight Stick has QDs. This one shouldn't be any different.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
donkey show said:
Hori sticks?
Nope, I think all this time I've though SE sticks didn't have them.
And that's why I never picked one up.

Well, that changes this weekend, thanks :lol
I can dual mod it pretty easily but I'll look into getting Wii support on it as well.

dallow_bg said:
Nope, I think all this time I've though SE sticks didn't.
And that's why I never picked one up.

Well, that changes this weekend. :lol
LOL. I was gonna say man. I've full Sanwa'd and Seimitsu'd a couple for the heck of it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I may as well pick up one of these.

With Sanwa mods, playing Muramasa with this newer stick should be more fun as well.

Milabrega said:
Which has two USB ports on the back.

On the back means a longer cord for what is likely a system that sits a good way across the room. Add to that that the USB ports weren't really intended to be used for controllers...

And really, it connecting to the Wiimote is just fine. Even the Hori stick works fine that way, plus it keeps it from being a 3rd party wireless POS.

Hell, they could easily make it a GC connector and it'd work just fine.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
hikarutilmitt said:
On the back means a longer cord for what is likely a system that sits a good way across the room. Add to that that the USB ports weren't really intended to be used for controllers...

And really, it connecting to the Wiimote is just fine. Even the Hori stick works fine that way, plus it keeps it from being a 3rd party wireless POS.

They should have, connecting to the Wiimote with my Hori is so stupid.

entremet

Russian Steve said:
Thanks... That was helpful.
Capcom has stated countless times that this game is a Wii exclusive...for now. It is Capcom after all. But there has not been any rumors about ports.

That stick look boss. I would love to pick one up for use on Virtual Console as well.

Milabrega

hikarutilmitt said:

Well plugging into the Wiimote is still wireless which could lead to input lag. I guess my own personal preference would be to have that cord running so as to not have that input lag, not kill wiimote batteries and to be able to use the stick on the PC as well. Don't really want to shell out $ for a Wii stick and another stick.

Milabrega said:
Well plugging into the Wiimote is still wireless which could lead to input lag. I guess my own personal preference would be to have that cord running so as to not have that input lag, not kill wiimote batteries and to be able to use the stick on the PC as well. Don't really want to shell out $ for a Wii stick and another stick.

It's fine. I've used the Hori Wii stick for Shikigami III before at a friend's place and it worked just fine. It's easily noticeable when there's input lag from wireless signals and the Wii uses BlueTooth for actual communication anyway. It's fine. That and use GlovePie to connect it and you're good.

sfried

faridmon said:
Pure envy. They see that Japan, Korea and China took over the term East, and by the way of thinking that America is bigger than those 3 countries combines, its nautral for them to say, why don't we have the term West to ourself.
I still find it wrong and too generalistic. It's not like Europeans eat hamburgers, grow fat, and make an ass out of themselves by having weird, puritanical aversions to sex like the Americans do.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Usually West indicates European countries in addition to NA.
I usually don't consider NA as part of the West (they're a separate entity on their own). Besides, that term has sort of become baseless with all of its social construct meanderings and political underpinnings, so I try to be more specific about regional releases since America doesn't really represent the whole of the Western regions (see Zelda Spirit Tracks EU & JPN boxart vs NA, Angry Kirby, etc).
faridmon said:
on the serious note though, i played TvC for the first time (which incedently was EU version) at Eurogamer Expo and loved it, even though i was button mashing
I usually find it easier to button mash with the 3-button (purely low, mid, and fierce) setup than fighters with the traditional punch and kick analogies.

Do Hori Stick plug in to the Wii Remote? I was of the assumption that they used the GameCube ports, and I was always looking for a suitable shmup stick.

sfried said:
I usually don't consider NA as part of the West (they're a separate entity on their own). Besides, that term has sort of become baseless with all of its social construct meanderings and political underpinnings, so I try to be more specific about regional releases since America doesn't really represent the whole of the Western regions (see Zelda Spirit Tracks EU & JPN boxart vs NA, Angry Kirby, etc).
Um, o...k. East v. West are vague terms. You're trying to tie very specific locations to general terms.

AKA "YOU TALK TO MUCH, TALKING CAT!"

dallow_bg

nods at old men
sfried said:
Do Hori Stick plug in to the Wii Remote? I was of the assumption that they used the GameCube ports, and I was always looking for a suitable shmup stick.
Plugs into Wiimote like the CC.

Boss Doggie

Milabrega said:

Why would it have input lag? I mean, the CC works fine without input lag.

Although generally the people I ask used PS2 sticks and connect it to the Wii via Joybus PS2-> GC plug.

Boss Doggie

New stages!

Orbital Gate (Tekkaman Blade) - seems like the background will be having some action too. You can see the soldiers firing some monsters at the back.

Willamette Mall (Dead Rising) - how come this game has more zombies than CTYD? Also, seems like night and day version.

Also, something I found in pixiv (resolution made smaller to fit. Click the image for the source):

Boss Doggie

Something regarding TvC: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressionsArt.cfm?artid=20512

The backgrounds seemed to be primarily from Tatsunoko properties I'm not familiar with, but I did get to play in an Okami-inspired level. There was a contrast between the Okami art style and the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom one, but it looked nice and worked well.

The PR representative who showed me the game hinted that there might be more characters than who was playable in the build, and everyone who had been previously announced was playable.

Ookami-kun said:
New stages!

Orbital Gate (Tekkaman Blade) - seems like the background will be having some action too. You can see the soldiers firing some monsters at the back.

Willamette Mall (Dead Rising) - how come this game has more zombies than CTYD? Also, seems like night and day version.

Also, something I found in pixiv (resolution made smaller to fit. Click the image for the source):

How do I get the full-size of those pictures on that site?

And is that the same artist who does the TVC art?

donkey show said:
No way. Shinkiro's art is way more distinct. I don't know who that artist is though, but it's definitely a pretty cool mashup.

Well excuuuuuuse me for not being as familiar with Shinkiro's art as you are. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom