• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

crunker99

TONX said:
Please new PSOne games for PS3. They're sitting on a goldmine.

STUMBLED onto these PS1 games for play on PS3 on the HK PSN STORE!

unforunatlye, the adding funds with a foreign credit card thing doesnt work anymore so if somsone can figure it out let me kno

here are the games
. The titles include:

Arc The Lad, Bio Hazard Director's Cut, R-Types, Marl Kingdom, Spectral Force, A. IV. Evolution, Tekken 2, Over My Remain, and Go For It! Morikawa!

All games cost 33HKD, and are available now. This games will likely be some of the same as the first USA PS1/2 on PS3 titles. If you grab one of these games, please let us know how it goes.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5572/download--play-ps1-2-games-on-your-ps3-from-hk/

Bebpo

Banned
crunker99 said:
. The titles include:

Arc The Lad, Bio Hazard Director's Cut, R-Types, Marl Kingdom, Spectral Force, A. IV. Evolution, Tekken 2, Over My Remain, and Go For It! Morikawa!

All games cost 33HKD, and are available now. This games will likely be some of the same as the first USA PS1/2 on PS3 titles.

hahahahaha...no.

I would download Marl Kingdom and try it, since I had bought the PSP one from the HK store, but it's not showing up :\

Doel

Jim said:
Gauntlet II and Super Rub'a'Dub confirmed for 5/3. CaC is back to TBD at the moment.
Seriously WTF. My god I hate Sony with a passion right now. Who ever is in control of the PSN store is doing a horrible job. One of the advantages of downloadable games is if the game is done it should be out. Period.

Slaylock

Doel said:
Seriously WTF. My god I hate Sony with a passion right now. Who ever is in control of the PSN store is doing a horrible job. One of the advantages of downloadable games is if the game is done it should be out. Period.
It sounds like the problem is the game isn't done.

Come on Jaffe, give us an update.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
CAC delay isn't surprising. At all. He just blogged about fixing issues the first few reviewers found, fercrissake.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Hey guys...Sony was kinda annoyed that I claimed 5/3 as release date as it was never official. The game got kicked out of format as two very key bugs were found at the last second. Fixing those allowed us time to go back in and fix the issue (or what we think is the issue) that IGN had with the magnet. We are back in format q/a at the moment and we'd all be stunned if it did not sail thru...but we've learned to keep our mouths shut on it so as to not get people's hopes up and then let them down. The two big bugs tho- so you realize we didn't hold it up for no reason- were:

a- About 30% of the time if the host of a network game quit to the XMB or powered off his PS3, the other folks in the game would experience a hang/crash when going back to the game lobby. This was way too frequent for a crash bug and we wanted it fixed.

b- If players were doing voice chat and one player unplugged his head set and quit out of the game, when he tried to jump into a new game, about 50% of the time the player would be able to play the game but no one could hear him over voice chat.

I hope you will agree these bugs were worth ironing out. Granted, they should have been bugs that were squashed 2 months ago, but for whatever reason, they were not. So we had to do it now.

I was trying to find a way to make it up to those who care about our game and I think what we are going to do is like the first 50 or so people who find me online and can beat me, get a free CALLING ALL CARS bobble head figure. Is that lame? Not sure. But we'll prob. do it. Cause we really do feel really, really bad.

Sorry.

David

Dizzan

MINI Member
Everybody whinging about CACs potential delay............... He said that they are ironing out some issues the reviewers had like the unfair advantage gained by the magnet.

Do you want a game that plays like crap or potential the best downloadable game so far. I applaud Jaffe for trying to make a $10 game into a great one.

Everyone with a PS3 was going to buy this regardless if it was shit so much respect for wanting to push out a good product.

And the moral of the story is to quit your bitching..... (but you can't sop GAF. Its what we do best)

EDIT^^ Thanks for the explanation. You don't have to do anything mate. As long as it rocks these people will buy it.

BTW any idea of EU/AU release roughly?

Mmmkay

I think the wait and frustration would be a lot less agonising for us if games could be pushed out to the PSN when they clear QA, not just every Thursday.

Oh and will this have a knock on effect for the European release?

davidjaffe said:
Hey guys...Sony was kinda annoyed that I claimed 5/3 as release date as it was never official. The game got kicked out of format as two very key bugs were found at the last second. Fixing those allowed us time to go back in and fix the issue (or what we think is the issue) that IGN had with the magnet. We are back in format q/a at the moment and we'd all be stunned if it did not sail thru...but we've learned to keep our mouths shut on it so as to not get people's hopes up and then let them down. The two big bugs tho- so you realize we didn't hold it up for no reason- were:

a- About 30% of the time if the host of a network game quit to the XMB or powered off his PS3, the other folks in the game would experience a hang/crash when going back to the game lobby. This was way too frequent for a crash bug and we wanted it fixed.

b- If players were doing voice chat and one player unplugged his head set and quit out of the game, when he tried to jump into a new game, about 50% of the time the player would be able to play the game but no one could hear him over voice chat.

I hope you will agree these bugs were worth ironing out. Granted, they should have been bugs that were squashed 2 months ago, but for whatever reason, they were not. So we had to do it now.

I was trying to find a way to make it up to those who care about our game and I think what we are going to do is like the first 50 or so people who find me online and can beat me, get a free CALLING ALL CARS bobble head figure. Is that lame? Not sure. But we'll prob. do it. Cause we really do feel really, really bad.

Sorry.

David

Its cool, just keep it 100 and we're straight. Anyways bobble head no, all I can think about is seeing you as a bobble head with turrets(sp?) cursing everytime the head bobbled. So I would prefer a weekend sale onthe game for $6.99 limited time only.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Appreciate the response David. You really are the F*cking man.

I'll definitely try to score a CAC bobblehead (that just sounds wrong.)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jim said:
Gauntlet II and Super Rub'a'Dub confirmed for 5/3. CaC is back to TBD at the moment.

MURDERRRRRRRRRRR (not you obviously)

edit: Oh hi, David. :D

Doel

davidjaffe said:

Sorry.

David
Thats pretty cool.

Jaffe. Me, You, ITS ON!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey yeah! A sale, much like how Blast Factor was $8 for a few weeks before it went to $10, sounds good...but probably out of Jaffe's hands methinks.

Remy

davidjaffe said:

Honestly, I think people are just upset because they're excited about the game and want the waiting to end. I'm frustrated - was looking forward to buying it on Thursday - but I know how these things go. Besides, we've been through this up and down with games that were proclaimed as being done for XBLA.

Oh, wait, I'm supposed to be angry, aren't I. Hmm.

You can make it up to us by jumping on the GAF Resistance game tonight, like I mentioned to you a few weeks ago!

Souther

Banned
As bad as it seemed that C all C's was delayed yet again...At least Jaffe took the time to come and post here to the people
that were really looking forward to it and let us know what was going on with the game.

he deserves alot of respect for that. Plus those seemed like some nasty bugs, so i'm glad hes taking it safe and ironing everything out.

Thanks jaffe.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Mmmkay said:
I think the wait and frustration would be a lot less agonising for us if games could be pushed out to the PSN when they clear QA, not just every Thursday.
co-sign.

Aeon712

Remy said:
Honestly, I think people are just upset because they're excited about the game and want the waiting to end. I'm frustrated - was looking forward to buying it on Thursday - but I know how these things go. Besides, we've been through this up and down with games that were proclaimed as being done for XBLA.
That's sadly what happened to me, I was really looking forward to it in March and the first half of April. Although if he does jump on for a Resistance meetup that would be awesome and I'd have to buy it.

Calling all Cars is delayed again! WTF! I could careless about Gauntlet or Super Rub a Dub, GIVE ME MY FREAKING CALLING ALL CARS!

Ragnarok10

davidjaffe said:

Sorry.

David
Thanks for the info. So, assuming it DOES sail through format would it still be available on 5/3 in the best case scenario?

davidjaffe said:

Yeah thanks for the update. Those are fine reasons to delay and I'm glad you did.

celpacius

calling all cars not coming out this thursday... ugh

and there goes my week...

come on jaffe, this is why i got the ps3. bring it to me.

chriskzoo

Banned
davidjaffe said:

Sorry.

David

Does the pope shit in the woods? As you said yourself on GameTrailers "Go **** yourself in the ass!"

Seriously, Sony needs to update the store at will, not this every Thursday shit. If it's ready on Saturday, put it up, period.

davidjaffe said:

Sorry.

David
I still love you.

On a related note, how hard would it have been for CAC to include a simple level editor and allow users to upload their levels to the PSN ala LBP? This would have extended its re-playability big time.

Maggot9

Banned
How about a small demo or something this week? At least that would ease the pain somewhat for all of these people wanting the game REALLY bad, right?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Get the game out by the 10th and I'll buy it since you explained the issues. After that, no can do. MLB 07: The Show then Odin Sphere will rule May. Sorry.

calder

Well, at least we know now. :| Delays suck, but knowing they why's and wherefor's at least helps. Not logging in onto the PS store on thursday and finding out then is nice too. :lol

chriskzoo said:
Does the pope shit in the woods? As you said yourself on GameTrailers "Go **** yourself in the ass!"

Seriously, Sony needs to update the store at will, not this every Thursday shit. If it's ready on Saturday, put it up, period.

First dibs on your bobblehead, chriskzoo, yeah? Maybe?

Mr. Jaffe, please inform Sony that I would like to take money from my wallet to purchase money to place into my wallet, yes I'm sure, and would like to buy your game, yes I'm sure, and would like to download it, yes I'm sure. And, yes, please install it so I may play.

Thanks, sir!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Maggot9 said:
How about a small demo or something this week? At least that would ease the pain somewhat for all of these people wanting the game REALLY bad, right?

Any demo of CAC would be like 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire game. =P They already said no demo anyways.

spwolf

davidjaffe said:
Hey guys...Sony was kinda annoyed that I claimed 5/3 as release date as it was never official. The game got kicked out of format as two very key bugs were found at the last second. Fixing those allowed us time to go back in and fix the issue (or what we think is the issue) that IGN had with the magnet. We are back in format q/a at the moment and we'd all be stunned if it did not sail thru...but we've learned to keep our mouths shut on it so as to not get people's hopes up and then let them down.

ok, to me this looks like it may still be up for Thursday, right?

kenta

Has no PEINS
wonderkins said:
First dibs on your bobblehead, chriskzoo, yeah? Maybe?

Mr. Jaffe, please inform Sony that I would like to take money from my wallet to purchase money to place into my wallet, yes I'm sure, and would like to buy your game, yes I'm sure, and would like to download it, yes I'm sure. And, yes, please install it so I may play.

Thanks, sir!
Or you could just not put money into your wallet at all and proceed through the checkout as usual and have it prompt you once, yes I'm sure, if you'd like to deduct the exact amount from your associated credit card

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
ok, to me this looks like it may still be up for Thursday, right?

I think it's gonna go through the approval process again? Unless that's what the q/a thing is.

kenta said:
Or you could just not put money into your wallet at all and proceed through the checkout as usual and have it prompt you once, yes I'm sure, if you'd like to deduct the exact amount from your associated credit card

That would invite a mugging. No thanks; I don't know Rex-kwondo.

Trust me, it wouldn't be anywhere near annoying enough to my wife as I read every screen to her and gloat.

"I spents mah moan-ee."

Make it May 3rd, please!

Emowii

Banned
Ok, so Jaffe came into the thread and explained the situation. Cool.

Does everyone really need to lick the guy's balls afterwards? Geeze. In the end we're still the customers, and he's asking us to spend $10 on his game. No need to kiss his ass up and down for simply replying on a board to explain why his game has been delayed 2 months.

Ranger X

To release a non-buggy game is WAYYYYYYY more important than any Gaffer's impatience.

Way to go Jaffe. I like that. Never fall for the "it's good enough" mentality that is plaguing american games regarding bugs. tks.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
davidjaffe said:

Sorry.

David

Although, I am extremely disappointed since I have been waiting for this title since March, I am glad you have that sort of flexibility where you can fix such major bugs so quickly before release.

The bobble head idea is pretty cool actually.

I wonder if this meant Warhawk had the same problems.

Top Bottom