• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkirk - Review thread

my local theater has screenings on thursday 70mm for 9.99 and imax for 13.99, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Sounds like they are getting one of the 70MM non Imax prints. They exist.

fIhtOEx.jpg

Rktk

The average score is what's going to separate this from the other similar RT scores...like SMH has a great score of 92%, but only a 7.6 average score.

That's why the % is bullshit, I think GAF should switch to the average score for thread titles.

ERotIC

Banned
The average score is what's going to separate this from the other similar RT scores...like SMH has a great score of 92%, but only a 7.6 average score.

Which is why the 9.1 rating is so stunning. Like, that's almost unheard of.

I'm usually not into war movies, but Nolan is the only director I really follow and I've loved all of his movies
except the end of Interstellar

Ashhong

But this certainly isn't a ”Harry Styles movie" or a ”Tom Hardy movie." Instead, it's an experience. And it's a theatrical experience unlike pretty much anything I've seen before. It's non-stop intensity that will both exhaust a viewer and make one grateful that we didn't actually have to live through that hell.

What a quote. Goddamn!!!!!!

The rotten/fresh score for this seems like it would be exceptionally high considering all the praise of the "Experience". How bad does the actual movie have to be for a reviewer to not recommend the film?

usp84

I can't believe this movie won't be at my countrie's cinemas until the 24th August!!!!It was the same with the Dark Knight Rises DAAMNNN

This is some quote from the EW review
Nolan has for all intents and purposes conjured the British response to Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan. If you can imagine that film’s kinetic, nerve-wracking 29-minute opening D-Day invasion stretched out to feature length, this is what it would look like.

Wow holy fuck. I've been off the Nolan hype train since Rises and Interstellar disappointed me so I didn't really follow Dunkirk, but these reviews be pulling me baaaaack innnnnn.....

Ushay

Right IMAX it is then.

Damn been on a streak recently, first I saw Spiderman, thought it was great. Then Apes, thought that was spectacular. And now this looks to be better than both!

Icolin

Banned
Right IMAX it is then.

Damn been on a streak recently, first I saw Spiderman, thought it was great. Then Apes, thought that was spectacular. And now this looks to be better than both!

For me, it's been Wonder Woman, then It Comes at Night, then Baby Driver, then Spider-Man, then Apes, and now (seemingly) Dunkirk. So good.

Top Bottom