• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ads as trophy pictures? Whats your take on that.

Rellik

Why am I not surprised its a wrestling game...

Although it's been happening for a decade in non-wrestling games, but don't let me ruin your opportunity to bash wrestling games.

EA was doing this a long time ago. Go check Skate and Fight Night games.

Bluehound

Neo Member
I wonder how much companies actually pay for those kind of ad spots and who actually makes their buying decisions based on trophy icons?

Syriel

This is the tackiest thing I have ever seen.

So it fits right in with the general WWE aesthetic.

Still the best:

393989-jetmoto_mountaindew.jpg

393976-jetmoto_butterfinger.jpg

392712-jetmoto2_mountaindew.jpg

Has there ever been a time when blatant product placement hasn't cheapened whatever it is part of? At least being part of a trophy isn't too egregious.

ZbDI9ls.png

1396277797422.png

Didn't hurt here.

Rick1o1

I don't like this at all. It seems innocent at first, but if everybody just accepts this (and judging by this thread, most do) then they will continue to see how far they can push it.

Next we will have ads in the title screen, wich people will defend because "you only see it once when you start the game", then we'll get ads during every loading screen, then we'll get ads in item descriptions or something and on and on until everybody sees it as normal.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but you just have to look at the state of microtransactions and lootboxes in premium games to see where this is going.

Top Bottom