• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl returns, claims 360 slim for E3 and rebrand

V_Ben

Banned
yencid said:
seriously? she got a hella lot of things right... i remember very clearly the prince of persia screens showing 2 people.

yeah, she got that right. among other things. I remember the resistance 2 leaks.

I'm not sure that this is her though. far too obvious a "rumour" to pick up on. I remember it being a lot more inside industry stuff.

spats said:
Rebrand? Can't wait to see Microsoft's Kovin Botler ad campaign.

Kevin-Butlercopy.jpg

lol wtf

yencid

V_Ben said:
yeah, she got that right. among other things. I remember the resistance 2 leaks.

I'm not sure that this is her though. far too obvious a "rumour" to pick up on. I remember it being a lot more inside industry stuff.
yeah it doesnt look like its her from the previous post on it.

Surfer Girls name is Giana. She can read the future. This has nothing to do, with industrie knowledge, she just sees what happens at e3.

thaOwner

Son of Godzilla said:
I actually believe none of this. Hasn't it already been confirmed there's only one press conference?
A press conference and a separate event for Natal. Though they aren't calling the natal event a press conference.

Wazzim

Banned
Ten-Song said:
I am going to make my own bold prediction. At E3, this very year, a game will be revealed that has not previously been revealed to the public.
And people are already overhyping the E3.... *sigh*

JaseMath

Surprising news games! Revamped system designs! This is what passes as "insider" prediction these days? :lol

Fuck glossy black! This trend to make every AV component glossy black needs to die. I want my Slim 360 to have a real nice deep matte black!

So someone claiming to be (but for some reason unable to use the original blogspot account and thereby verify that it is the same person) Surfer Girl (a rumor blogger that was already operating at something below 50% accuracy at her best) has posted (extremely vague) rumors about Microsoft's E3 (including one outright factual error and otherwise very vague material quite close to what you'd get as an aggregate opinion if you asked GAF.)

Did I miss anything?

FrankT

Love me some surfer girl.

I'll be a little surprised if they do announce it at E3. I was thinking more like August around the time they like to do official price cuts, but perhaps they will lower the current SKUs before that even. We shall se.

V_Ben

Banned
charlequin said:
So someone claiming to be (but for some reason unable to use the original blogspot account and thereby verify that it is the same person) Surfer Girl (a rumor blogger that was already operating at something below 50% accuracy at her best) has posted (extremely vague) rumors about Microsoft's E3 (including one outright factual error and otherwise very vague material quite close to what you'd get as an aggregate opinion if you asked GAF.)

Did I miss anything?

nope, thats pretty much it.

Maximus.

ok obv xbox would get a redesign. At least there is a chance it will be a reliable piece of hardware and hope they abandoned the stupid disk tray.

obonicus

Y2Kev said:
Oh and MS doesn't have two press conferences. They have a traditional press conference and then some hands on time with Natal for the press the night before.

This isn't surfer girl.

gamescoopz confirms what you're saying.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20139062&postcount=119

which1spink said:
Things I expect and/or predict for a slimmer version of the 360:

Marketing:
  • Name: 360+ or 360plus
  • Audience: Will shift towards the 'cool' casual user - XBLA, Zune Video Store, Social network stuff will be more important than ever.
  • Corp Strategy: It might also play an important if not a keyrole in MicroSoft's Cloud-Computing strategy (as the main access point from the living room).
  • Boxart: Even boxarts will get a redesign to make it easier to differentiate between a standard 360 and a 360+(Natal) game
    [*]Color: They will probably ditch green as their main color and switch to someting like orange. That could be one of the boldest move towards a complete rebranding of the current Xbox devision.
  • Release: November '10, worldwide.
  • Price: $199 - $249 - $299 including Natal (which will be about $80)

Guts:
  • Disc drive: Slot loading.
  • Cooling: Very small and few fans or completely fanless.
  • Storage: Either MicroSoft goes with SSD (starting from 32GB as a starter model) or with traditional harddrives (starting from 120GB).
  • Wireless: 801.11n build-in

Hardware:
  • Size: Roughly the size of the current model but half the height (think of those slim BR players).
  • Power brick: Yes, there'll be one - somewhat smaller though.
  • Design: It'll look nothing like the current model - designwise it goes with Natal and vice versa.
  • Dashboard: New dashboard design (also coming to the current model) to become Natal friendly.
  • 3rd party (non-game) Apps: Most likely not, but you can never know.

checked

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Tiduz said:
s

edit: her site had this added to it:
Might Get Shot if I were to tell.

You'll see.
MGS

M - G - S

hmm

Mr Gay: the Sequel?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 going to 360 confirmed. Read more about this breaking news here

Pooya

I don't think this is surfergirl, E3 is close and all these fake insiders are showing up again, remember MGS4 Oxide+?! :lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
MS will reveal a slim 360 natal bundle at one of their two (yes, two) press conferences at this year's e3.

Wow, they worked out that Microsoft will probably have a Natal bundle. Well aren't you special.

And why do they say "yes, two" like that's something they've just found out? We've known this for months.

What's more the 360 will be getting a subtle rebrand, with a new logo and black as the new primary colour of the console. They feel that the new system needs to be black because a white Natal wouldn't sit well next to the typical gloss black tv.

a white and a black Natal camera. Saying the a new console is going to be black isn't much of a stretch since there's already a black 360.

The new system design is pretty neat.

And Natal? Let's just say you'll probably be both very surprised and very pleased by one of the games revealed... what is it?

information overload

Top Bottom