• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony's Frozen Pizza is the most vile stuff ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Seriously.

I usually buy Red Barron or DiGiorno both which are pretty good for Frozen Pizzas. Normally fairly tasty, not too expensive. Clearly not as good as a fresh pie, but I usually buy a couple in case I want Pizza to save some money.

I even stock a few Totino's for when I'm drunk late at night and hungry.

When I went to the store DiGiorno and Red Barron were both 7 dollars a pie, but Tony's was just 3 dollars on sale, so I grabbed some Tony's assuming they would be about the same. I could never have been so wrong.

When I pulled it out, the meat was gray which looked a little iffy already, but I figured whatever its filled with perservatives, the meat won't go bad for years or something. When I pulled it out of the oven it didn't look or smell good, but I took a bite anyway. Operative word being one. That shit was vile. I could barely keep it down.

The entire thing and the other 2 in the freezer just went in the trash and a Papa Johns pie is on the way to my front door. I mean, what the fuck. 79 cent fucking Totino's pizza tastes better than this stuff that normally runs 6 dollars a pie.

Ugg.

Fuck: twice in one week. I fail at GAF.

Umm, I'm playing WoW while I eat, so now it's on topic.

Also, someone quote my tag.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Again man!? Wtf? :lol :lol

Gattsu25

Banned
How can you hate on this?

2ngg478.jpg

How?

There is actually a great frozen pizza thread that you can search and it has a lot of good advice on frozen pizza for frozen pizza fans.

I used to fucking love Tombstone's Stuffed Crust pizza until they started using a different type of cheese around 2003 or 2004. It's nasty crap now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BrandNew said:
Tombstone and motherfuckin' Red Baron's are the shit.
Yeah, Tombstone is just as good as Dominoes and Pizza Hut hand tossed, if not better. Dominoes makes a really good thin crust though.

tokkun said:
Are those prices USD? Where the fuck do you live that a Red Baron pizza is $7? It is like $3 here.

A lot of carry out sized frozen pizzas here in Ohio tend to run very close to what it costs to just buy a carry out pizza. :|

Unless you have a BJ's or Sam's Club membership and buy in multipacks.

JBuccCP

The Take Out Bandit said:
A lot of carry out sized frozen pizzas here in Ohio tend to run very close to what it costs to just buy a carry out pizza. :|

How much does a Totino's cost? Are they still a dollar there?

mrkgoo

I never understood frozen pizza. Not as nice as home made pizza, yet not as convenient as takeaway pizza. Why settle for something that can't do either thing right?

Darklord

Banned
mrkgoo said:
I never understood frozen pizza. Not as nice as home made pizza, yet not as convenient as takeaway pizza. Why settle for something that can't do either thing right?

Quick and easy. Good after drinking food.

benjipwns

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:

I'm just north of you in Michigan, and said price situation is the same as he mentioned. Red Baron's like $3-3.50. $4-5 max.

Juice

Tony's pizza isn't just awful, it's smaller than competitors (who am I kidding, they're all owned by the same one or two companies)

I'm also in Ohio as mentioned and have noticed that Meijer is the only grocer with sane frozen pizza prices. Any given week, you're sure to find at least one ~22oz frozen pizza on sale for $2.50-$3.30. Usually Red Baron's, which are fine. Tombstone better, Freschetta better yet.

I wish I didn't eat two of these a week, but since I do, feel free to ask any number of questions about my experience
Oregano all over my cheese and my sauce

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've had worse than Tony's, but I either go for Red Baron, DiGornio Garlic Bread Crust, or Freschetta, basically in that order. Sometimes Papa Murphy's is worked in there too.

GhaleonEB

Tony's pizzas don't even use real cheese. Read the ingredients - it's cheese substitute. (No "Real" seal, natch.)

Complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom