• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/06/09 || Batman Demo (up in EU/US)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jvm said:
Here is the one I'm currently trying to ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4rItQQTHI&fmt=18

(I tried to make this an HD link, not sure if that'll work.)

Trying widescreen HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4rItQQTHI&fmt=22

There are a ton on there. Just search for "savage moon" and the name of the level.

Also, prepare to feel really lame when you see someone slap the enemies around and make it look easy. :\

Cool. Thanks.

Also: Called it. Lame update this week. Besides the Batman demo and Infamous costume, there really isn't anything worth buying. :/ (Though, it's nice to see X-Edge get some free DLC loving, something that Disgaea 3 didn't get from NISA)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Philanthropist said:
And why do you guess that when the new trophies are there for all to see? Simply compare your trophies with someone else's or download the update. They always add trophies when they release add-ons.

EDIT: Beaten.
See where? Some of us are still at work ... make that cooking dinner ... wait, now giving kids bath ... oops dishes next ... reading stories before bed ...

Jebus...

Cruzader

Banned
wow another lame Qore.

Why do they go out all over the world to have the same info being given? Only new thing I learned was the golden bar thing in NGS2.

Why cant they just show more new gameplay or something? I was really looking forward on the MAG info but alas, same shit we knew was said in the interview. Ok cool they played and Veronica had hands on time. Why dont we get some (extended) feed on what she played? Her impressions? Beta info? Jesus.

And seems ads are coming back. There were a few episodes were there were zero ads and here we are getting more again.

Wollan

I really do want Mag though. It's not a looker at all but there's seems to be a lot of ripe gameplay in it, just watching some of those gameplay snippets in that Qore episode is making my mouth water a bit.

Lame week on the PSP front

Anyone ever buy a PSP premium theme? I have a few bucks just sitting in my account and might buy one to see whats its like? Any thoughts?

Also, if you buy a TV episode and the download cuts off in the middle for whatever reason, are you screwed or can you still download it? Does the video store have unlimited downloads yet?

Afrikan

why isn't TOY HOME in the Family Fun section of the store.... game is fun as hell and is published by Sony :/

here is a 4 year old playing the game.....kid has skills
3........2........won......GO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVs0T_ZA28

942347_20071121_screen003.jpg

jvm

Gamasutra.
Savage Moon update is interesting. The simplicity of the menus has been sacrificed for more options. Haven't gotten a chance to try the new moon yet. I'll do that after I ace the original game's levels.

Seeing how level 8 was done on youtube video was enlightening. The focus on more turrets to begin with and then using that to buy time to build health towers and then amp towers is a good strategy. I just finished level 9 quite quickly using the lessons learned on level 8 to pick a location and fortify it. To get the health award I'll need to place some turrets outside the health zone, but otherwise I felt like I had pretty good control.

I'm thinking about putting together an official thread for the game ... I don't believe there is one.

kassatsu

Banned
us.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates Thursday @ ~ 5PM EDT

DEMOS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum
○ 1037 MB

► Crystal Defenders
○ 32 MB

► Rag Doll Kung Fu
○ 669 MB

► Worms
○ 45 MB

QORE

► Qore 15 (MAG, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken, Katamari)
○ $2.99

GAMES

► Crystal Defenders
○ $9.99

► TV Show King
○ $9.99

► PSP
○ Dynasty Warriors ($14.99)

ADD-ONS

► Call of Duty: World at War
○ Map Pack 3 ($9.99)

► Cross Edge
○ Latest Technology Pack ($1.99)
○ Pretty Little Pack ($1.99)
○ Trial Edition Pack
○ Additional Dungeon 4
○ Enigma Synth Pack 2

► Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
○ Additional Music Set 3

► GTI Club Plus
○ Car Pack ($1.99)

► Guitar Hero: World Tour
♪ Eric Johnson - "Camel’s Night Out" ($1.99)

► Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show (PSP)
○ Musicians Wardrobe Add-On
○ Moment Maker Special Effects Add-On
○ Stage Prop Add-On
○ Fashions Add-On

► LittleBigPlanet
○ inFamous Costumes Pack ($1.99)

► Rock Band
○ Spinal Tap's Tap Ten ($17.99 | $1.99 each)
♪ (Funky) Sex Farm
♪ (Listen To The) Flower People (Reggae Style)
♪ America
♪ Big Bottom
♪ Cups and Cakes
♪ Gimme Some Money
♪ Heavy Duty
♪ Hell Hole
♪ Rock ‘N’ Roll Creation
♪ Stonehenge
♪ Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight

► Rock Band Unplugged (PSP)
○ Various Tracks ($1.99 each)
♪ Had a Dad”— Jane’s Addiction
♪ Renegade”— Styx

► Savage Moon
○ Waldgeist Add-On ($4.99)

► Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
○ Cog Hill Golf & CC ($4.99)

VIDEOS

► G Force The Video Game
○ Trailer

► Mini Ninjas
○ Futo Gameplay Trailer
○ Futo Vignette
○ Shun Vignette

► TV Show King
○ Trailer

► Unbound Saga
○ Between the Panels Issue 2

► Watchmen The End Is Nigh Part 2
○ Launch Trailer
○ The Complete Experience Launch Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► PS3 Themes
○ College Football Themes (x5 | $1.99 each)

Wollan said:
I really do want Mag though. It's not a looker at all but there's seems to be a lot of ripe gameplay in it, just watching some of those gameplay snippets in that Qore episode is making my mouth water a bit.
MAG looks to have so much potential, and from what I remember early impressions have been good. I really hope they plan out the release and pricing carefully.

netguy503

kassatsu said:
us.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates Thursday @ ~ 5PM EDT

► LittleBigPlanet
○ inFamous Costumes Pack ($0.99)

yea...I WISH!:lol Are you trying to tell us your opinion on what the LBP costume prices should be?

Did ANYONE get that TV PSN game? Impressions?

I'm glad the car pack for GTI Club is finally out:lol . Do you think they waited long enough? Not that I'd spend 1.99 for four new cars anyway.

kassatsu

Banned
netguy503 said:
yea...I WISH!:lol Are you trying to tell us your opinion on what the LBP costume prices should be?

Did ANYONE get that TV PSN game? Impressions?
Blog had it wrong before. I was just using w/e people posted on GAF.

Chromax

Question! Before I put FF7 on my PSP. How does this thing work? Can you only put it on one PSP? can I deactivate that PSP when I get a new PSP so I don't have to buy them again? or are they not saved to PSP but to the memory stick?

I'm hearing so many different versions of this.

Chromax said:
Question! Before I put FF7 on my PSP. How does this thing work? Can you only put it on one PSP? can I deactivate that PSP when I get a new PSP so I don't have to buy them again? or are they not saved to PSP but to the memory stick?

I'm hearing so many different versions of this.

You can activate and deactivate PSP's from the PS3 system menu for both video & games separately.

Games are saved to the memory stick but are protected to only work for that PSP so switching around memory sticks will not work.

EDIT: You don't have to re-buy stuff you can always re-download games to any activated system. There is a limit to the number of systems you can have activated on your account (5 systems I think?) so don't go around activating playstation hardware and forgetting about them.

Returners

Savage Moon DLC turned my game back into a trial version :S

Deleting and redownloading it now. Hope it works.

EDIT: Redownloading fixed it

Afrikan

like someone else posted, this month's qore seems pretty gimped....but I'm guessing they are saving some content and will go ALL OUT for next month download when all of us original subscribers will have a choice in resubscribing....... I personally am....and I wouldn't be suprised if next week had a MAG beta or new Uncharted 2 demo, type of content.

anyway, about this months Qore, I must be late, but I'm having ALOT of fun with this BEATteck TOYmachine game.....

but HOW THE HELL DO YOU SAVE your beats???? wtf?

oh and MAG does not look horrible in this months Qore, it looks the same as all the other clips we have seen..... some parts look really good upclose.....some parts look average, mainly matches that take place during dusk time setting.

Sorta OT, but how long do demos usually stay up? I think I may actually buy a PS3 in the next couple of months, and I am curious.

Afrikan

Chromax said:
He plays better than me...

yeah I just download the 2nd Gear pack...and it has 4 player splitscreen and I was doing horrible against my little cousins :lol .....maybe because I was using that sports car...but still damnit....I was better last year.

I wouldn't mind a *Lair* type update for this game :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kassatsu said:
Japanese Store removes some of them.

As does the US store, IIRC. Mostly a bandwidth saving thing. Annoying, but it's respectiable given they aren't charging you.

lupinko

kassatsu said:
Japanese Store removes some of them.

This is very true, though for most but one*, if you downloaded the demo already, it stays permanently in your download list regardless if it is removed from the Japanese PS Store's listing.

Pre-release Minna no Golf 5 demo was taken down from the server, and regardless if you downloaded it before, the demo cannot be redownloaded from your download list.

It should also be mentioned that the demo for Mingol5 was not of the final game but an unfinished version that didn't look quite as good, also both Jasmine and Conan had different voice actors in the demo as well from the final release (Conan most notably, since in the retail game his actual voice actor was Tohru Furuya aka Gundam's Amuro Ray or Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask). And one of the bonuses of this prerelease demo was if you had it when you purchased the retail game, it automatically unlocked Suzuki for you from the start.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TheSeks said:
As does the US store, IIRC. Mostly a bandwidth saving thing. Annoying, but it's respectiable given they aren't charging you.
I can't recall a US demo that was taken down.

Just JPN demos.
They seem to like limited time demos as it only seems to be for popular titles, and they're gone fairly quickly.

dallow_bg said:
I can't recall a US demo that was taken down.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith.
Also, the PAL stores often "delete" (as always the files are still there for those who have them in their download list) sport games demos to have only the current one available.

But yeah, the japan store is the one where publisher seems to see (popular) demos as a temporary thing.

Flunkie

Banned
That Toy Home picture makes me want it. I was downloading Batman earlier. Probably still am. I n mt current state I should probably play WipEout HD though so I can die. So qore sucks this time? Whatrs the free stuf? I want betas for my $25 bitches.

um people buy SSARPBC now though.

Slacker

Holy hell, I'm so glad I downloaded the demo for Crystal Defenders. I enjoyed the game on the iPhone and thought maybe it'd be fun to have a HD version on the PS3 with d-pad controls and some challenging trophies to shoot for. Wow, what a turd.

Forget that HD thing. The game looks identical to the iPhone version. Maybe even the same resolution. The controls are clunky, and the hints about what button does what are off the screen on my 16:10 monitor (with no option to adjust the screen size). And it just feels draggy in general.

I'm floored by how little effort was put in to this. Especially slapping it on a system with what I consider the number one TD game (PJMonsters). I'd be surprised to learn that ten lines of code are different from the iPhone version. AVOID!

Shinriji

gofreak said:
Yeah, it's a bit weird how it then goes on about gambling :lol

Maybe they consider the PSN store to be in the same category as gambling sites for procedural purposes or something. I dunno, it's all very confusing.

I received another e-mail from entropay saying that the first e-mail was an error, my account is safe and I don't need to do anything.

Also, I can use my card for online gambling without worrying about US laws. :lol

Shinriji said:
I received another e-mail from entropay saying that the first e-mail was an error, my account is safe and I don't need to do anything.

Also, I can use my card for online gambling without worrying about US laws. :lol

Yeah just got a reply back:

Thank you for your email.
Your query related to an email that we recently sent you about users with US Address information that use their EntroPay Cards to purchase from Playstation.
I believe that you received this email in error as the address information on your EntroPay account is not a US address. I do apologise for the error and have forwarded this issue to our communications department.
It is not necessary for you to make any updates or changes to your account and your card will work as usual with merchants including PlayStation.
Again, my apologies for the confusion and any inconvenience caused
Regards
Penny
EntroPay Support

:)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Tolkienfanatic said:
The Crystal Defenders demo was supremely disappointing.

Really? I just got done playing it and I liked it. However I'm not going to buy it, this is a game that I would purchase in a heartbeat for PSP. But not something that I want to sit in front of my TV and play.

I almost bought Crystal Defenders without playing the demo. I was thinking "hey, I like tower defense games!" I had it in my shopping cart, and decided, "you know, let me just try the demo first." Dear lord I almost wasted $10. I can't believe they're selling it for that price. $10? I might be tempted if the game was $1.99, but even then I doubt it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Adam Prime said:
Really? I just got done playing it and I liked it. However I'm not going to buy it, this is a game that I would purchase in a heartbeat for PSP. But not something that I want to sit in front of my TV and play.

PixelJunk Monsters + Encore expansion cost less that that shit (8 euros vs 10 euros!) and it's immensely better.

just saying.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
TTP said:
PixelJunk Monsters + Encore expansion cost less that that shit (8 euros vs 10 euros!) and it's immensely better.

just saying.

yeah I have it. I just like Tower Defense games. Like I said this would be a pretty nice portable game for $5.99 or something - but yeah a no brainer no purchase on PS3. It has some good ideas, and I like tower defense, just wrong platform and wrong price point.

Top Bottom