• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse crunching team served 11,500 dinners by ship date #rysefacts

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://twitter.com/RyseGame/status/390146055494303744

Pfrlrxs.jpg

Artorias

Banned
Wow, did they honestly think people would be lining up to high five them for that?

Disgusting. I can't wait to see this game ruin their reputation despite decent sales numbers.

Acccent

It's not because it's a common practice that it's a good one; it should be eradicated and seeing them gloat about it is indeed disgusting :|

studyguy

Jesus Christ, how disgusting.
How dare they eat regular meals during development processes.

Man those replies are something else.

Wtf why are people so angry over this? What is even crazier is that these people seem like actual fans of the game. The internet is a scary place.

@killzone: By the time #ShadowFall releases, we'll have served the @killzone team over 12,000 dinners throughout development. #KillzoneFacts

Responses:

'Wow, that's a lot of guerrilla meat! Good on you team!'

'Oh man, bet none of those dinners tastes as good as 60 FPS multiplayer! #killzonerulez'

'Hey, any leftovers? No? Oh that's ok, I'm cool with just the game!'

Edit:

. . . oof.

Busty

Banned
Are the dinners they were served when this game started development on the 360 as a Kinect title included in this number?

WE NEED THE TRUTH?!!!

LOL at the guy saying that this is disgusting. All studios do stuff like this at crunch time.

as someone who has been through a lifetime of work crunches, it can't be overstated how good free meals are for morale and motivation.

bragging about it on twitter seems silly, but whatever.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Crunch cycles in AAA studios are disgusting regardless of how many studios do it.

It's a reality of the industry that isn't going away. The tweet wasn't a good idea but condemning the studio for it is over the top. Those meals are some of the only breaks these teams get. The teams know they have to crunch and look forward to stuff like this. Bragging about it is dumb but a team that didn't have catered dinners during crunch would be absolutely beaten down.

beast786

@killzone: By the time #ShadowFall releases, we'll have served the @killzone team over 12,000 dinners throughout development. #KillzoneFacts

Responses:

'Wow, that's a lot of guerrilla meat! Good on you team!'

'Oh man, bet none of those dinners tastes as good as 60 FPS multiplayer! #killzonerulez'

'Hey, any leftovers? No? Oh that's ok, I'm cool with just the game!'

Tell us more on how all of GAF is one mind.

OT: good luck to them. hopefully the hard works paid off

I work in the same building as some gaming developers, and I come in early, and I see them taking a smoke break, looks like they have been here for hours already. When I go home at 5:30 I see them smoking, which tells me they will not be leaving anytime soon.

They work so hard. No joke, they look like they work hard.

Damaniel

Banned
LOL at the guy saying that this is disgusting. All studios do stuff like this at crunch time.

This isn't just limited to game development either. I'm a developer (not a game developer, just run-of-the-mill embedded application development), and even our teams have crunch time. I've never worked on a product that came leisurely strolling through to the finish line, where every developer was putting in only 40 hour weeks at the very end. Marketing can always find a way to add new functionality or pull in the release schedule if it looks like things are moving too smoothly...

These responses just sound like people who have no software experience of any kind, pretending that they know better. At least the studio is feeding their employees - I'm lucky if my boss brings in some donuts if I'm working over the weekend.

Top Bottom