• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Great setups, folks!

Any recommendations for a good, flexible monitor arm? I have 2x Dell U2412M 24" that I'd like to put on a "boom" arm/stand so I can move them around freely.

Stevey

Same as last year.

i7OsJkO.jpg

nDZuZiM.jpg

Teknoman

Anyone have 2.1 speaker recommendations that have accept toslink input? Upgraded tvs and our last one had rca for speaker out, but this one only has digital.

Anyone have 2.1 speaker recommendations that have accept toslink input? Upgraded tvs and our last one had rca for speaker out, but this one only has digital.

It all depends on your budget and how serious you want to get about sound. If you're wanting to avoid a receiver then I would probably check out a sound bar with sub. If you're okay with investing a little more I would pick up a receiver and start building from there.

Kyne

Thanks man! Likewise, your wall never ceases to amaze :)

Oh and thanks to Kyne for the mention in the op! We have a great selection of rooms this year, though I kinda expected that Sega room to be in there, that one was pretty sweet.

Man, it's already been a full year since I posted my room. Nothing too much has changed for me, but I've still got a few tweaks I wanna make before I start a new photoshoot.

Psycho Echidna's setup (the Sega one) is there :x

enewtabie

We are moving in the beginning of the year,so I'm not trying to straighten up too much. Trying to build another pc and sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay.

jacobs34

Just got moved into a new apartment downtown in the Quad Cities. I'm really loving the brick.

Sorry for the blurry pic, took a panoramic of the living room.

Ogn9pY5l.jpg

Podge293

Currently in the process of rebuilding it ha. Table has been built, monitor being delivered tomorrow. Need to find a good chair. Also need to clean the room up.

I'll post a picture once it's all done up

Meant to post in ages, but never got around it...so here it is!

Old pano shot so you get the hang of my setup (my dedicated "media room"):

723qeuu7.jpg

It's quite a big room, the couch you see is big enough so you can lay down entirely like in bed while still facing the screen.

Opposite side of the screen (which I built, 110") I have my pc and all other consoles/media devices. Everything is wired along the walls (same goes for the front Klipsch speakers and sub). Projector is up on a shelf over the Casablanca framed poster.

32du3k.jpg

In the little glass/metal cabinet there's a PS4, x360, xb1S, two Dreamcast, a psone, a psone "slim" (modded, with the attached lcd facing up so that you can see it through the glass of the cabinet, it's my cd reader) my NAS and a Denon AV receiver hooked up to everything in the room.

On the right side of the desk there's a Playseat alcantara with a Logitech G29.
27au0p.jpg

Detail of the desk with a ROG gsync Swift (27") and my pc (Titan X pascal, i54670k).
4xru6o.jpg

The other side with the screen (and you can spot one of the Vive's lighthouses).

Teknoman

It all depends on your budget and how serious you want to get about sound. If you're wanting to avoid a receiver then I would probably check out a sound bar with sub. If you're okay with investing a little more I would pick up a receiver and start building from there.

I think I'll look into soundbar with a sub in that case, and just pair the older 2.1 in with older tv in another room. Any reason not to get one with a wireless sub?

I love this! Great ambience and consistent color scheme. *Takes notes*

Thank you. I wanted something that was more than a single colour but nothing too overbearing. I've tried not to overdo the lighing in the PC case as less can sometimes be more. The purple light happens to pick out the red cables which makes it all work out quite well.

How are you getting such ambience light ?

I've used several USB powered RGB LED strips all attached to a powered USB hub. This is plugged into an RF controlled plug socket at the back of the vanity board so everything is hidden away and can be turned on and off via a remote located underneath the desk surface.

Each of the strips is colour and brightness adjustable. There is a purple lighting strip under the front of the desk, purple lighting attached to the back of the monitor (using 90 degree connectors so runs up both sides and the top). Behind the monitor shelf, I attached white LEDs, pointing upwards, to blend into the purple for a bit of colour graduation. Lastly, I fitted red LEDs under the PC stand. This gives an idea of what it looks like in the dark although it's slightly less intense than in the picture.

What are these speakers and speaker stands?

They're Audioengine A2's with their dedicated speaker stands. I have these attached to a REL Strata subwoofer and fronted by the Audioengine D1 DAC.

Jeff6851

My setup changed quite a bit since last year. New keyboard, new mouse, new monitor (24" 1080/60, 1 ms response) and a PS4 in place of an Xbox One. I'm very happy with it.

43" 1080p LG43LH5000 which I bought back in May or June.

Physical PS4 collection, definitely going to grow this year

MSI RX 480 4GB, i5 2500K @ 4.3 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 860 GB storage (I'll have to upgrade this sometime this year).

Gonna have to get a new chair this year too

New house, computer room coming together.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g0lWgWw.jpg[/IMG]

Will post a screenshot of my family room area when it's a bit more setup/clean.

First time sharing picture
Nb32SYD.jpg

I need to clean up the cables a little

q9kTc7S.jpg

vTPZQuz.jpg

t2M3tNO.jpg

wONHbDg.jpg

DktqnXO.jpg

i2Ucv4X.jpg

I'm at a loss as to what to do with the angled ceilings. Right now they look pretty bland but I can't come up with a good solution.

Welcome to the Post-Tabris world of 2017.

Fantastic thread OP. I look forward to posting my setup soon once I put my frames back up and build a new desk for my CRT setup later this month

This is awesome. I'd love an office like this.

Thanks. I don't think you can see it too will from these pictures,bit this is technically my office as my desk is on the other side of the shelves holding my retro consoles. Unfortunately I spend more time working in here than playing.

Qasiel

A fine return to top form from my favourite thread on Gaf. Bang on job with the OP, Kyne.

I haven't changed too much in my current setup, but once the Xmas decorations are away (leaving it late this year due to work schedule and multiple family visits) I'll get a few pictures of mine. Might even include my living room area where my consoles are set up, too.

The only furniture I really need now in my new house is a reading chair and movie / boolean shelves. Any advice? I feel like both are so simple and I don't know own what to do lol

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Thanks. I don't think you can see it too will from these pictures,bit this is technically my office as my desk is on the other side of the shelves holding my retro consoles. Unfortunately I spend more time working in here than playing.

This is an awesome set up! Love it! Also, being 40 and a working stiff, I completely understand.

Incredible setup Working_stiff! A veritable museum.

Do you have any more pics of this setup more clearly? I'm interested in buying all the same products lol.

Sure.

Speaker / dedicated stand

D1 DAC

Line out from the Audioengine speakers to the REL active subwoofer.

Back of the DAC - USB supplies the power, signal via optical in (USB can do this also), phono connections to the Audioengine active speakers.

AristoCat

Here's my 2017 edition not much change from last year.

iMac 5K 27" + B&Oplay H7 for work and small gaming

PS4 Pro and Xbox One on Sony TV and Pioneer receiver in the living room.

I guess this is as good a thread to ask in as any:

I have a Logitech setup at my desk that is plugged into my PC. It also has a line-in from my monitor that all my consoles run through as well. I have some wired headphones that I enjoy using, and when I plug into the right speaker, I can listen privately no matter the source.

I hate leaving it strewn about the desk, and can't leave it plugged in to the right speaker if I want to enjoy the superior sound of the speakers. Any solution that looks neat, gives me better audio in the cans, and can be switched effortlessly?

Adobe

Thanks for the mention OP!

Here is my new living room setup. Was waiting for the 2017 thread to post. We did a whole-home renovation in 2016. I don't much care for fireplaces, but my wife insisted on one. So it was up to me to design a unit that integrated one without ruining the tv experience. I don't care for having a tv above a fireplace, so this is what I came up with. Everything is custom made to my original drawings. I had soft leather handles made for the tops of the drawers, which all use heavy duty Blum hardware to be able to store some of my movie and game collection. There is also more storage built into the sides and rear of the sectional couch that we bought. The top of the cabinetry is Caesarstone, and the unit is constructed strong enough that several people can stand on it. The area above the drawers is wired for gigabit ethernet, as is the rest of the house. All speaker cables are 4 conductor wire and are routed through the walls. All audio interconnects are balanced XLR. The first pic was taken the day all the wall-mounting happened. I have since cleaned it up a bit (the rest of the pics).

fuck this is beautiful

Always wanted to post my setup and I think it's about time to do it. Will probably move out in a couple of months, so things will change drastically, but I'm so happy with my current one so why not sharing? :)

(living room)

I used to have both my computer and the rest of the gaming stuff in the same area, but decided to separate work with leisure, so I moved PC+monitors to another room. I am currently streaming all my PC gaming to the TV via Steam link (hidden behind the TV, alongside Wii U's gamepad).

The TV I'm using is a Panasonic 42ST60. PS3+4 are hooked up to my Logitech z906, while the Wii U and the Steam link are hooked up to my stereo amp (Cambridge Audio CX60) via TV audio pass-through. I wish there was a way to have 5.1 surround sound for my PC gaming, alas it's not possible at the moment.

2017-01-04%2014.09.10.jpg

2017-01-04%2014.10.01.jpg

2016-07-24%2009.59.44.jpg

(separate office room)

The PC specs are the following:

i5-2500k @4.6 GHz
Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Western Digital Blue 500GB
Western Digital Green 1TB
775W Thermaltake TPX-775M ToughPower XT
Antec Kuhler H2O 620
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
Logitech Performance MX
Dell U2515H + Random secondary 24" Dell monitor

2017-01-04%2014.13.52.jpg

2017-01-04%2014.14.05.jpg

Most of my games are back in my home country. The plan is to transform my attic into a game room, but that's gonna take ages given that I hardly ever go back there (twice or thrice per year).

Brandson

fuck this is beautiful

Thanks! It took a lot of work dreaming up the shape of the unit, and then refining the measurements until it fit the space and all the wall-mounted gear lined up with the drawers below. The fireplace also had numerous challenging requirements for size and spacing to overcome. I designed the unit to look like the fireplace was sitting on the same continuous Caesarstone top but it's just an illusion. It's actually sitting on a wooden box on the floor, hidden inside the cabinet behind a fold down door panel made to look like the other drawers, which also has hidden venting and duct work inside. This whole structure sits where our old traditional wood-burning fireplace used to be, which we removed. I went through a lot of different drafts on paper and in Photoshop before coming up with this layout early last year. Convincing trades people to build it without adding their own unwelcome touches to it was difficult.

The light in that space is pretty great too. Except for the first photo, all the rest are in 100% natural light. It's really a lovely place to be.

I'm not an architect or designer, but I had been studying work by modern architects and following threads like this and elsewhere for inspiration for many years, before I finally had the opportunity to renovate my own house. We gutted the place, built an addition, and my wife and I re-designed the whole interior in what I consider to be a sort of warm modern style. If GAF had a "Show us your kitchen setup" thread, I could post a few things there too.

Here's mine, nothing fancy. I moved to this apartment last September and still haven't gotten around to buying the movie posters for my walls like I planned.

721ef574b7.jpg

My PS4 Pro is waiting for a proper 4K HDR TV (which isn't coming any time soon), and until then it'll have to settle for the 250€ 42" LG I have. The Audio Pro T8's work well enough for the setup, and won't bother the neighbors too much.

87db62237f.jpg

I dug up an old VCR from my parents attic, and there were also a bunch of my old VHS tapes too! The VCR still works, though the remote doesn't, and the play button doesn't work, so the only way to play something on it is by inserting the tape and let it auto play.

651c9ad0c7.jpg

The PC room could use some work too, but cable management is for pussies.

ec49736945.jpg

13b1018139.jpg

Kyne

Years of wanting to post and right after you take the plunge...no one notices you ;(

xD

it's weird.. I've looked at these setups hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times, so now there will rarely ever be something that makes me speak up.

no offense to you, but seeing a nice setup with a fancy tv/projector and a top of the line PC just doesn't do it for me anymore. Now I look for uniqueness in the setups, or possibly some nice art. Nothing balances a place out like a good piece of art.

another thing that will catch my attention is some damn good feng shui. This one post really stood out to my last year because of the way the poster handled his space:

QkFngya.jpg

a desk right behind a couch to close off the back wall is pretty genius.

anyways, don't let this stop anyone from posting! I will always look through and try to catch new ideas and inspiration for my living spaces. I'm sure others feel the same.

Your gaming room looks to be almost as big as my whole flat :D (i'll post some pictures once I finish moving there)

Well, it's not that big, just a decent sized room ;)

It might seem crazy, but sometimes I miss a smaller place where everything fits snugly together (like that user that has that amazing small room with a tv on the side of the bed and the pc on the other, forgetting his/her name now).

it's weird.. I've looked at these setups hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times, so now there will rarely ever be something that makes me speak up.

no offense to you, but seeing a nice setup with a fancy tv/projector and a top of the line PC just doesn't do it for me anymore. Now I look for uniqueness in the setups, or possibly some nice art. Nothing balances a place out like a good piece of art.

Don't worry, I was just joking a bit hoping that it would spark some interesting discussion...like it actually did in fact.

And yep, we're now used to some setups type I guess xD

Top Bottom