• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

heckfu

Banned
So we've all got those "message to all friends" inviting us to stupid clans and KSI seems to stuff my mailbox but this is ridiculous... I see some stupid KSI member every other game on matchmaking. How is their clan that big? They are all terrible at this game too.

watch this:

KSIHeckfu

Boom, just joined.

Computron

I see 5 or 6 them at a time rolling in BTB about every 2-3 games.

TF2_Entire_Team_is_Babies_by_Coco_beware.jpg

watch this:

KSIHeckfu

Boom, just joined.

KSI seems more like a cult than a clan. I remember seeing them going strong all the way back to Halo 1 PC days. That game was full of clans though, back when I played pretty much every match had people trying to recruit, and I never understood why. I did take great pleasure in joining 'tryout' servers, beating everyone, then refusing to join the clan. :p

Seriously though, if anyone wants to be a part of my clan, HaloGaf are all welcome, you just need to change your gamertag to include bobs before whatever your name is.

Overdoziz

Banned
Could someone render this clip?
I threw a grenade and it followed the direction the opponent was running in. It's not that obvious from watching the clip but it was very apparent while playing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gui, post more often.

And thanks Shadow, it was fun, hah. I played a little BTB today and randoms can't work the Hog gun for shit.

Booshka

Did you know that holograms show up as red dots if you're host and as white dots if you're not host?

#randomfact

Give this guy Inheritor status already, he acts like one.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but this song has been on my mind all day and is really incredible. Perhaps it'll brighten your day, too!

A Silent Film - Danny, Dakota, and the Wishing Well

I guess that thread was right, Halo players are Hipsters.

Homeboyd

Did you know that holograms show up as red dots if you're host and as white dots if you're not host?

#randomfact
I did but I only learned that like a week ago... I think from this thread.

Totally tricked that guy (who was teabagging everyone the whole game) then finished it off with a double kill showstopper.

:)

Very cool of you, congrats guys!

I had my annual review today at work. Good sized raise, confirmation that I get a promotion on my next job (starting in August), which leads to a bigger raise. Best Monday ever? Best Monday ever.

Nothing like an early birthday present. :D

Congrats!

zap

#randomfact

Really?

That really screws up that AA - if one person every game will see a red dot, when it's always meant to be white... Admittedly they have host advantage, but it lacks consistency and adds to the 'wtf' moments (the bad kind)

That's not quite as bad as Camo's radar jammer working on your own team 50% of the time though.

TheOddOne

Just thought I'd post the latest Beyond the Frontline from Forward Unto Dawn.
My two-cents about this.

I really don’t see any problem with pre-rendered cut-scenes, if done to enrich the feel and atmosphere then it’s a fine enhancement. On the other hand, usually cut-scenes take place during the levels; would that not be jarring to see the jump in quality when transitioning between pre-rendered quality cut-scenes and then going back to in-game?

With pre-rendered stuff they can crank up stuff to 11, which would actually lead to the question: “Why didn’t they try to do this in-game?”. When looking at the cut-scenes from Halo Wars, I kept wanting to play with those CGI graphics; I know it would be impossible, but still when transitioning back to gameplay I felt a little unsatisfied.

Maby a mix of pre-rendered specific transition cut-scenes (example: going from one level to another) and in-game cut-scenes during gameplay.

Risen

Still gotta move your fingers off analog for whatever you replaced on your bumpers.

Plus not all games have BJ.

Honestly, the only reason it was there was for the RRX, BXR, and BXB in H2. Ironically, the magnetism was so great, you didn't need to claw.

It was obsolete the moment H3 instituted Bumper Jumper and there were no glitches worth performing.

Fire Juices 343...

In Engine cutscenes are fine for me,

However, if at any time 343 want to employ the guys who made those Halo Wars stuff to make a Halo Film im all for it

Havok

My two-cents about this.

I really don’t see any problem with pre-rendered cut-scenes, if done to enrich the feel and atmosphere then it’s a fine enhancement. On the other hand, usually cut-scenes take place during the levels; would that not be jarring to see the jump in quality when transitioning between pre-rendered quality cut-scenes and then going back to in-game? .
Frankly, I find it to be the opposite case - prerendered cutscenes on the 360 are usually horribly compressed, washed out messes of Bink video with crappy macro blocking all over the place. Halo Wars got around that because they had plenty of disc space, which is almost never the case.

Going from in-game stuff to prerendered transitions in something like the recent Mass Effect games is super jarring, but not because the transitions look better than the gameplay.

Frankly, I find it to be the opposite case - prerendered cutscenes on the 360 are usually horribly compressed, washed out messes of Bink video with crappy macro blocking all over the place. Halo Wars got around that because they had plenty of disc space, which is almost never the case.

Going from in-game stuff to prerendered transitions in something like the recent Mass Effect games is super jarring, but not because the transitions look better than the gameplay.

Bink needs to die in a fucking fire already.

TheOddOne

Yeah, that is also a factor. This could be remedied with better compression, then again it would be waste to compress fantastic work.

I'm in the camp that wants in-game cutscenes now, I rather have that then blocky videos.

tbh. I'm agreeing with both of you. ME2's pre-rendered cutscene are so bad compressed. And I always feel disjointed when a CGI cutscene starts.

Yeah, that is also a factor. This could be remedied with better compression, then again it would be waste to compress fantastic work. I'm in the camp that wants in-game cutscenes, rather that then crappy blocking.

I was reading into video compression and came across something that basically said Bink can do compression really well and its had various updates however and is more than a little tweakable, however most devs are plain lazy and use the precoded compression setting and thats why you get horrible looking sonic generation esq cutscenes.

Top Bottom