• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

SomTervo

The only real tips is to perhaps get that money in as fast as you can and sit a while. Wait for a big dip. We are in a decent sized one now, but there could be a bigger one looming. A lot of free money is made by buying at the bottom of dips when everything is red and people are panicking, because the recovery is just "free" money.

As for ARK's website, its probably hard to parse the projects value if you are new to Crypto. If you don't know the basics try some videos on YT about Crypto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aJ9PAohZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIqfPOdh63U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2eYIcvV5s

Honestly though, the well is so deep, that if you happen to be new, its going to take a few weeks to understand why stuff like Decentralized exchanges are so immensely desired. I would also start looking at coins on exchanges other than Coinbase. Coinbase only carries 3 coins. Take a look at https://www.bittrex.com/Home/Markets and scroll through the pages under Bitcoin markets to see the hundreds of ticker symbols/Coins. You can pick a ticker symbol like "OMG" out of that list and get more info and pricing history by going to: https://coinmarketcap.com/ and putting the Ticker symbol OMG in the search box. It will give you a graph of the pricing history, a link to the company's website so you can see what they are about, and sometimes a link to the announcement thread where the company announced the project on a discussion board and detailed what they want to do and how they will achieve it.

From there just look around and find projects you believe in. You might find that you prefer to put investments in some other companies if you are sure of their potential.

(I wrote this considering you were VERY new to crypto. I apologize if this is all old news to you.)

Thanks a million for the tips. I knew a fair amount of what you said but not all of it. That Bittrex markets page looks indispensable!

I'm waiting for royalties to come in before I buy in - hoping it's still low by December.

Dr.Parity

Banned
306699bb-d819-4693-bef0-b5ac8ec99157.png

Rough TA I just did. Got to be make or break for ARK pretty soon.

losing faith?

Sulik2

Crypto has had these boom and bust cycles since Bitcoin first appeared and they always recover long term. Just hold and stop watching graphs for a while and the market will recover.

Drifters

$ARK is fine and all other coins are fine. This is a dip which will either rapidly recover or slowly recover over a few weeks. I think people reading the Crypto world like the stock market are actually making it more volatile than they think.

syllogism

So TenX spikes almost 50% due to a tweet that appears to just show a new design for the prepaid Visa card they already have available in Europe. People interpreted it to be teasing something more significant.

To be fair they also posted something about a new issuer for the rest of the world, but that is clearly not Visa.

gaming_noob

XBY's spokesperson is kind of full of hot air. He expects XBY will be 7000 Satoshi. That's more than 200X from what it is at now. I would be a millionaire.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
306699bb-d819-4693-bef0-b5ac8ec99157.png

Rough TA I just did. Got to be make or break for ARK pretty soon.

If TA is correct, D day should be either 25th or 26th September. But we all know what whales want and accumulating ARK at 75k is dream come true...and we could see rise much later.

But I am still very optimistic about ARK.

My plan for next two months - due to upcoming leg surgery, I will be able to save quite a lot of money (not going out for 3 weeks). So, I will take it on side and wait for next BTC drop. After that, it is buy buy buy.

gaming_noob

White paper written by XBY community is being edited by lead dev Borzalom and will released "soon". Web admin also said site will be ready "soon". XBY slack is pretty fun.

Btw "Borzalom" is Hungarian for "Horror". I wonder why the Hungarian lead dev, who is apparently deaf (correct me if I'm wrong) chose that name.

vehn

White paper written by XBY community is being edited by lead dev Borzalom and will released "soon". Web admin also said site will be ready "soon". XBY slack is pretty fun.

Btw "Borzalom" is Hungarian for "Horror". I wonder why the Hungarian lead dev, who is apparently deaf (correct me if I'm wrong) chose that name.

Pretty weird that the community would write the white paper, when they’ve been developing the platform for several months. And isn’t that going to be the 3rd iteration of their website in like 3 months ... they really need to stick with one.

I got off of it a while ago because of that no white paper, and don’t help that their reddit is dead (that has to say something about the community and its support)

gaming_noob

Pretty weird that the community would write the white paper, when they’ve been developing the platform for several months. And isn’t that going to be the 3rd iteration of their website in like 3 months ... they really need to stick with one.

I got off of it a while ago because of that no white paper, and don’t help that their reddit is dead (that has to say something about the community and its support)

I agree that it's weird. The whole project feels like it's on the shoulders of two people: the lead dev Borzalom and a marketer that goes by CCR who doesn't really seem like he knows what he's doing. I don't know how far this will go.

DonMigs85

I agree that it's weird. The whole project feels like it's on the shoulders of two people: the lead dev Borzalom and a marketer that goes by CCR who doesn't really seem like he knows what he's doing. I don't know how far this will go.
Don't forget its shady origin as a scam before being resurrected

I'm not for advertising usually but take a look at Elixir (ELIX) on CoinExchange. It's just been listed. It's a 6 million supply coin with a market cap of $200k. It's a shitcoin with some promises but it has a potential to go 10x the current price or even more.

I put some $$$ down on it and will see how it goes.
As usual, do your own research.

DonMigs85

I'm not for advertising usually but take a look at Elixir (ELIX) on CoinExchange. It's just been listed. It's a 6 million supply coin with a market cap of $200k. It's a shitcoin with some promises but it has a potential to go 10x the current price or even more.

I put some $$$ down on it and will see how it goes.
As usual, do your own research.
Hmm... Could blow up if it makes it to other exchanges.

Hmm... Could blow up if it makes it to other exchanges.

Yesterday it pumped from 500 sats to 1700 sats in 2h. Of course, people dumped and now it hit the new floor around 1400 sats.

Give it a few weeks and this could go up pretty significantly. If it goes to other exchanges, it'll pump pretty hard.

DonMigs85

Yesterday it pumped from 500 sats to 1700 sats in 2h. Of course, people dumped and now it hit the new floor around 1400 sats.

Give it a few weeks and this could go up pretty significantly. If it goes to other exchanges, it'll pump pretty hard.
I'm wondering about Dentacoin as well since its ICO price is like 0.0001 USD per token. Funny thing it's already being traded on a couple exchanges before its ICO on October 1st.

syllogism

Did anyone here get involved in the XBL ICO when I suggested it a few weeks ago?

Absolutely mental how fast this is taking off on Cryptopia right now. It is definitely going to hit $1.00 in the coming weeks I'm certain. The devs team are pushing stuff out for it at lightning pace it's unbelievable.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/billionaire-token/
The white paper isn't accessible currently, but based on their website I don't see any reason why this token would have any value in the long run. In the short term the mechanics will certainly make it very appealing.

x3sphere

Does anyone know if gdax is handing out the omg from the air drip if you had your eth stored in their exchange?

don't think so, at least they haven't said anything on it. They are following through with distributing Bitcoin Cash so maybe there's a chance?

DonMigs85

Did anyone here get involved in the XBL ICO when I suggested it a few weeks ago?

Absolutely mental how fast this is taking off on Cryptopia right now. It is definitely going to hit $1.00 in the coming weeks I'm certain. The devs team are pushing stuff out for it at lightning pace it's unbelievable.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/billionaire-token/
I bought 1000 so I'm pretty pleased. It's probably gonna experience a series of pumps and dumps though (already hit 46 cents at one point, now down to almost half that) but the small coin supply is certainly appealing.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So I'm reading that I should be moving the altcoins I have on bittrex and coinexchange to a wallet. Is this true? I figured they'd be secure there. Any good suggestions that I can download and use on Android?

DonMigs85

So I'm reading that I should be moving the altcoins I have on bittrex and coinexchange to a wallet. Is this true? I figured they'd be secure there. Any good suggestions that I can download and use on Android?
Unless you have huge amounts they should be pretty safe on the exchanges. Just make sure to use 2FA. If you plan to hold them long term and not keep trading them then it's a good idea to get a hardware wallet like a Ledger Nano S.

Crispy

Hydrominer looks promising, however the tokens will cost 0.01 Eth each in the ICO so that's over $2.50. 100 million supply

It sounds like a good initiative, but I have my doubts about the coin. I don't see why it would become worth more, since it doesn't really have a purpose other than being representative of your contribution to mining.

Tk0n

Bought a bit of QRL as the token swap and mainnet launch is supposed to be happening in october and its still quite cheap.

I bought 1000 so I'm pretty pleased. It's probably gonna experience a series of pumps and dumps though (already hit 46 cents at one point, now down to almost half that) but the small coin supply is certainly appealing.

It's still holding strong, can make a killing on it if you trade the swings I have made almost 10k of free XBL in the last day doing that. Also is now the 24 hour highest gainer on CMC too.

galperi1

If anyone happens to have any RISE, I've started a delegate node (goose) for that coin. Also, I'm still running a delegate for ARK if anyone from gaf is interested :)

Cipherr

Any U.S. traders have any experience with Bitfinex's Lending/Funding system with its 2 day minimum? Im possibly interested in it, but Bitfinex sort of closed account upgrades to U.S. residents some time back, and Im wondering if there's another exchange where US traders can still do it.

Donos

NEO pumping up nicely

That's why i had almost tears in my eyes with the huge dip two/three weeks ago. So much cheap stuff. NEO was 12 € / 14 $ then but i was tight on fiat and not willing to give up any of my other coins.

gaming_noob

One of the founding members of XBY said the official whitepaper and new website will be released shortly. The team on Slack seems genuine and sincere and very enthusiastic about their progress. I know this crypto evolved from a scam but it looks like this team is going to right the ship.

The only problem I have is that douchbag CCR, their lead marketer, seems half assed.

DonMigs85

One of the founding members of XBY said the official whitepaper and new website will be released shortly. The team on Slack seems genuine and sincere and very enthusiastic about their progress. I know this crypto evolved from a scam but it looks like this team is going to right the ship.

The only problem I have is that douchbag CCR, their lead marketer, seems half assed.
Please let us know once it's about to launch, might be good to buy in while it's still below 2 cents. Hopefully they get to Bittrex and Binance as well.

Top Bottom