• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Registers “Dark Chronicle” Trademark After Over a Decade of Limbo

f187a23c3ee681ef6913f31fd6d6446b.jpg

Biker19

Banned
Hopefully, this news leads to a 3rd Dark Cloud game soon for PS4.

I definitely like Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle, it was the best title between the two.

Edit: Or even a HD Collection. :)

Eusis

"Wait, we might want to put this on PSN."

Actually that in and of itself would be exciting news to many.

Trying to keep my hype in check and I realise that this could be a PSN or HD re-release, but my God I hope this is for a full sequel. I will pray to my Shu altar and hope.

boingball

Dark Cloud HD Collection? Sold.
Dark Cloud 3? Sold.
Dark Cloud Vita? Sold.

Dark Cloud 2 is one of my favorite PS2 RPGs.

zulux21

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/09/level-5-has-a-playstation-4-game-in-development/

Level 5 did say they working working on a PS4 game that was still in the planning stages. It would be pretty cool if it ended up being a new Dark Cloud game. An HD collection would be great too.

you obviously missed the wonderous flicking memo....

Ideally they were talking about something else, but Wonder Flick is likely what they were talking about back then as it's a PS4 game (not exclusive) that they are working on.

I do wonder if level 5 will even be involved with a dark cloud 3...(if it were to be made) since sony owns the IP they could go with whom ever they wanted for it (though level 5 would likely still be the best choice despite some gameplay issues with their RPGs on the ps3)

Sony doing what they do best...

FFXIII Versus

This has got nothing to do with either of those games. They've been formally announced years ago while this is just a trademark renewal. It could mean nothing; maybe it's just general housekeeping when they've no intention to make a new game, or maybe there's a full blown sequel on the way. But the difference is that those games have been announced while this has only been discovered by Internet detectives.

Also, Final Fantasy vs. XIII/FFXV isn't their game, so you can't blame Sony for that one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man, I've got a copy of Dark Chronicle sitting around that I never got a chance to play. Worth playing? PC or PS2?

Adored the Dark Cloud demo back in the day, sad I never got to play it.

Capella

you obviously missed the wonderous flicking memo....

Ideally they were talking about something else, but Wonder Flick is likely what they were talking about back then as it's a PS4 game (not exclusive) that they are working on.

I do wonder if level 5 will even be involved with a dark cloud 3...(if it were to be made) since sony owns the IP they could go with whom ever they wanted for it (though level 5 would likely still be the best choice despite some gameplay issues with their RPGs on the ps3)

I remember that but I thought "planning stages" sounded farther off. It probably is Wonderflick though....

I think Ni no Kuni 2 is likelier, isn't it? :eek:
It think it is, if Wonderflick isn't what they where talking about, but I could see Sony getting Level 5 to develop a sequel to Dark Cloud under contract again.

Soriku

Never played this series, but looks like it has action battle system. I'll keep an eye out.

Well going by Dark Cloud 2, I wouldn't expect something amazing. It was decent enough though.

The first two games sold well right? I don't understand why they didn't make a third game yet, especially when Level 5 expressed interest years ago. Meh.

If they make a third game, please no more random dungeons.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Well, I think many people figure that it ended up being Wonder Flick. That F2P mobile game that's also being released on basically all platforms.

A Dark Cloud 3 would actually probably be a good candidate for a F2P game with its randomized dungeons and town building. I could see them selling stuff like structures/buildings to put in your town and items to help you in dungeons. Plus if it's F2P it would probably be multiplayer so they can let you explore dungeons with a friend like Diablo and invite friends to your town.

Koozek

Oh, cheeesussssss! I effin' love Dark Chronicle. Even bought it twice for full price because I lost the first copy on my way back home from the store when I was a kid :D
Never played Dark Cloud, though. Will do someday. Maybe if they re-release it digitally or make an HD-remake.

Top Bottom