• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us trailer + preorder goodies + boxart + multiplayer confirmed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
After this...

AxY7rI8CMAA8XlQ.jpg

The_Last_Of_Us-E3_Kojima_and_Team.jpg

...I'm fairly sure Joel will have an alternate Snake outfit, with Bandana.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Relax, if they are serious about their claims, these features are a must. At least shoulder switching is probably a given (I hope).

Well, in the alternate gameplay demonstration, near the end, I'm pretty sure you can actually see the quickturn. That one is probably there.

But iirc you never see a should switch during any of the footage. And there were a few times during the playthough(s) where it would have made sense to use it.

So, wait and see I guess. But it's funny what you say should be a given is actually more questionable, since they never show it or even hint at it.

In TPS MP games I think both those things are pretty important (and hardly any game does the quickturn --- I think that shit should be in console FPS as well) and generally improve the experience.

So, wait and see I guess. But it's funny what you say should be a given is actually more questionable, since they never show it or even hint at it.
I think it is, because in this game every freaking bullet counts (or at least it should). So they absolutely have to give you all the options they can to use them as effectively as possible.

Also, Uncharted has shoulder switching too no? I don't think they plan to get rid of it.

Tagg9 said:
Does Kojima never smile?
Not anymore :(

neuebitmap5g2bk7.jpg

I got this new Gaming Magazine called "Games Aktuell" from Germany. It's the newest issue (02/13) and they published a new TLOU mini-Preview in it:

In respect to friendly request, I'm going to spoiler story related stuff.
Here's what I found in this issue.

- something about the character Tess:

She loves Joel secretly but questions whether Joel feels the same for her.

You can hear Tess saying "She's only cargo, Joel" in the story trailer. That sentence was considered to Ellie. Tess is jealous on Ellie. Quarrel about these two characters is preprogrammed.

- horses serve as a mean of transportation. So it's not just a scenario thing like in Uncharted.

- something about the character Ellie:

Ellie has to practise on guns she founds in the proccess of the campagne before she can use them.

Also,

Secretarial Dog said:
- the opponents are also detecting sounds that do not come from us. So if you for example shut off the radio in a deserted fast food, you could alert enemies nearby the dinner.

I actually found a source who describes this sound scenario, which I posted earlier as an Info. They were presented examples of how Naughty Dog understands the sound as a game element. You could shut off the radio if it gets on your nerves, but the enemies would swarm out to find you.

In mehreren Beispielen zeigt er uns, wie Naughty Dog den Sound beinahe schon als Spielelement versteht. Etwa, als wir nach der Flucht abseits der Straße und dem Ort des Überfalls Schutz in einem verlassenen Diner finden. Wir gehen hinter der Bar in Deckung, doch dieses blöde Radio da hinten auf dem Tresen nervt.

Machen wir es aus, alarmiert das den Feind, und die Schergen schwärmen aus, um uns zu finden.
source: http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/s...s/artikel/the_last_of_us,47555,2566546,2.html

meta4

I got this new Gaming Magazine called "Games Aktuell" from Germany. It's the newest issue (02/13) and they published a new TLOU mini-Preview in it:

So the
'being able to fight marines stuff
is from a gaming magazine too? Was it a hands on demo or again was it just shown to the Journo's?

Gorillaz

^EDIT that page out of your post bro. Heads up now

After this...

AxY7rI8CMAA8XlQ.jpg

The_Last_Of_Us-E3_Kojima_and_Team.jpg

...I'm fairly sure Joel will have an alternate Snake outfit, with Bandana.

HOly Shit.

The phantom Pains......Phantom....Pain

Phantom meaning ghost
Ghost are bad like infections
Infections are full of pain
People are infected in The Last of US.

Guys hear me out......THe Phantom Pain is a Next Gen TLOU. It's TLOU 2.

It all makes sense, Put me on Salary Naughty Dog....You need me.

HOly Shit.

Phantom meaning ghost

Please share your crack rock.

^EDIT that page out of your post bro. Heads up now

HOly Shit.

Phantom meaning ghost

iblZJPuzvEjy88.gif

RUMOR:

- you can skip the cutscenes and also pause the game during the cinematics.

- circle button is the "open/push" button, e.g. for gates. To hold a barrier open for Ellie, you have to hit the circle button constantly.

- in the proccess of the game, you get confronted with situations where you have to make decisions. An actual example from the game:

Throughout the game we get confronted with an old man who tried to steal your food while Ellie was getting hurt in the proccess. You can kill the old man, or you can forgive his actions, because he didn't eat for days, could not think clearly and begged for his life.

- the sound in TLOU is hardly changed digitally.

- the menu in TLOU resembled the one from Uncharted on May 2012. Maybe was just a placeholder.

taizuke

I just saw this:

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00ARIPKDM/

71mhreSszNL._AA1500_.jpg

Seems like a limited edition for Europe only. Contents:

• Metal Water Bottle
  • Playstation Plus Card: Subscription 30 Days
  • Skin (outer cover) for PlayStation 3 Console and Controller

Seems to also include one of the pre-order bonuses.

The contents are nothing to cry about but it sucks that they get a special edition and ND is still up in the air about NA. Speaking of, give me that infected bust ND! I wants it!

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before. I've been following all TLOU threads in Neogaf and i hadn't seen this.

Hanmik

I just saw this:

71mhreSszNL._AA1500_.jpg

• Metal Water Bottle

Seems to also include the pre-order bonuses from gamestop.

The contents are nothing to cry about but it sucks that they get a special edition and ND is still up in the air about NA. Speaking of, give me that infected bust ND! I wants it!

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before. I've been following all TLOU threads in Neogaf and i hadn't seen this.

C6InRaF.jpg

lol

Gorillaz

I just saw this:

71mhreSszNL._AA1500_.jpg

• Metal Water Bottle

Seems to also include the pre-order bonuses from gamestop.

Once again SCEE shits on SCEA. Even the controller looks good lol

EDIT: So they accidentally gave away free PSN plus lol

stryke

RUMOR:

- you can skip the cutscenes and also pause the game during the cinematics.

- circle button is the "open/push" button, e.g. for gates. To hold a barrier open for Ellie, you have to hit the circle button constantly.

- in the proccess of the game, you get confronted with situations where you have to make decisions. An actual example from the game:

Throughout the game we get confronted with an old man who tried to steal your food while Ellie was getting hurt in the proccess. You can kill the old man, or you can forgive his actions, because he didn't eat for days, could not think clearly and begged for his life.

- the sound in TLOU is hardly changed digitally.

- the menu in TLOU resembled the one from Uncharted on May 2012. Maybe was just a placeholder.

This was rumour worthy?

I just saw this:

71mhreSszNL._AA1500_.jpg

• Metal Water Bottle

Seems to also include one of the pre-order bonuses.

I'd rather hang the PS3 and look at it on my wall.

Me: I'm buying this game.
*we find out it's gonna have multiplayer*
Some people: Yeah, but it's gonna have multiplayer.
Me: Yeah, I'm still buying this game.

Can't wait.

My body is ready!

The only game (except Quantic's and HL3) I'm waiting for.

I wonder if there's goin to be a horde mode with players controlling "mushrooms" or survival like in left 4 dead. Seems perfect for that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wonder if there's goin to be a horde mode with players controlling "mushrooms" or survival like in left 4 dead. Seems perfect for that.

Asymmetric team design in multiplayer is incredibly difficult to pull off. Even L4D1/2 VS were worth playing with heavy rebalancing mods from community mods.

Captain N

Hurry up May 7th! I love Naughty Dog and can't wait to play this game. May 5th is my 30th Birthday so I've got plans for the weekend and then I have off on the 7th to play this bad boy. Hope we find out about Multiplayer soon.

Top Bottom