• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

D.va DM getting a slight buff as well. she can block stuff point blank so Hog hook is less of an issue.

also, where have you been?

Good buff, but I really rather D.Va be made to compete in the same space Rein does. Like, if DM, Guns and Thruster all used an internal resource but DM drains more slowly.

But I even admit that it wasn't addressed because he's never been this popular.
I think that's just due to how effective the defensive and healing options have turned out, and how it's compounded by being as much as one man down. Being outnumbered in a team game is always bad, but I think the framework of Overwatch in the bubble it currently exists in has that being especially imperative for better or worse. That said, overpowered or not, I approve of these rejiggers as opposed to a flat nerf.

LiK

But then what does Reaper do? I think he'd struggle again if she went to 300/300.

I don't think it would be that bad for him. He should be attacking her along with other heroes while flanking behind her so he would taking her down fairly quickly anyway.

No one is using Reaper anyways.

Anne

I think D.Va is okay as is. She's not all that squishy. I would rather have more squish and less sustain in the game these days anyways.

As someone who hates mirror matches in fighting games, I do hope the Roadhog nerfs make him a less popular pick. The Roadhog mirror match is one of the most annoying in the game - it never seems to play out the same way even though I make the same decisions.

for me....in a roadhog mirror match, it seems 9 times out of 10, its best to get hooked First.

that 1 time out of 10 is when you somehow lose a little health then he hooks you first and you just die.

exYle

Just taking a break for a bit. Getting caught up with school and some other stuff. I tentatively plan to return tonight/this weekend. Hopefully we can get some games in. You guys are all probably way better than me now.

WE GETTING THE GANG BACK TOGETHER BRO?!

Also I've gotten two Ana POTG's within the last week or so are you proud of me

Anne

Yep, why use Reaper when Soldier melts D.va like it's nothing.

Has less to do with that and more to do with the healing/tanking metagame atm. Soldier just deals with that better than Reaper in most situations. Has a lot more to do with Rein.Ana than something like D.Va.

What is the consensus on Reaper these days anyway? he used to be my go to attack character but I find he's been faltering a bit after recent changes to characters around him, I'd sooner go for any of the other attackers right now.

It's not that he's bad or anything but maybe it's riskier for him to get in close these days as well as getting back out again, for a tank buster it feels like Winston is really the only easy target of those right now.

edit: Or I can just look one post up I guess!

I think D.Va is okay as is. She's not all that squishy. I would rather have more squish and less sustain in the game these days anyways.

Agreed. She's good as is, she's in line with the other tanks in terms of survivability. I feel like D.Va mains still can't get over the fact that they just can't dive in by themselves with minimal consequence. Which, shouldn't have been a thing in the first place, along-side with solo flanking Roadhogs.

AbaFadi

Banned
Agreed. She's good as is, she's in line with the other tanks in terms of survivability. I feel like D.Va mains still can't get over the fact that they just can't dive in by themselves with minimal consequence. Which, shouldn't have been a thing in the first place, along-side with solo flanking Roadhogs.

My problem with playing D.Va these days is that there's a Roadhog in 99% of my games and since she has such a large hit box you basically have to hide from the Roadhog and try not to get hooked all game.

Anne

I can add a bit more to it because he's really not bad. He's pretty good as an offensive pick or gimmick sometimes. Just like, if you're going to get into a spacing fight against Rein/Ana, Reaper typically is pretty shitty at dealing with that. Considering almost the entire metagame revolves around Rein/Ana/Lucio right now, Reaper isn't going to have a lot of room to shine.

Can someone wake me up when they do a jojo-themed event by making Kira Junkrat, Polnareff Genji and Dio Mei (literally make her ult za warudo and her icicles knives).

Also, how bad is the experience gonna be if I start doing my placements now before the season ends? Haven't really had the urge to do comp until recently.

The Jojo event will arrive alongside Doomfist for that ORA ORA ORA goodness.
Man I hope Doomfist lives up to that name.

Bingo, I think I said it before somewhere in this thread, the players who only picked up D.Va when she got her best buff are the ones who can't deal with actually putting some thought into their attacks and knowing when to bail out now she's been brought back down to normality.

I shudder to think how those folks would play Winston.
They wouldn't play Winston

LiK

I disagree, D.va was perfect during Season 2. I even like the old DM style cuz when you used it, you had to commit. People called her trash back then but she was fine for me. Should've kept her the way she was before the major buff to armor.

Skii

I don't think it would be that bad for him. He should be attacking her along with other heroes while flanking behind her so he would taking her down fairly quickly anyway.

But I feel like if Reaper is flanking, he has to go after Ana first and then go after the tank. And if a decent Dva is protecting their Ana, even now it's a bit difficult to break that down as a Reaper player.

I think there's more wrong than D.Va for Reaper. D.Va isn't played as much these days and Reaper still doesn't see much play time.

I still see a lot more Dva than Reaper at diamond. Maybe it's different at masters but in GM he's never used from what I see on stream.

What is the consensus on Reaper these days anyway? he used to be my go to attack character but I find he's been faltering a bit after recent changes to characters around him, I'd sooner go for any of the other attackers right now.

It's not that he's bad or anything but maybe it's riskier for him to get in close these days as well as getting back out again, for a tank buster it feels like Winston is really the only easy target of those right now.

You never want to start with Reaper unless it's KOTH. You go to him if they're running triple tank with Winston or if your Soldier just isnt dealing with tanks and want to give the opposition something else to worry about.

I'd still say he's the weakest DPS which is pretty damning. He isn't unusable like before the Dva nerfs but I always feel like my Soldier/Genji has more impact and I'm a better Reaper than both of them.

jviggy43

You say this but recently Ive gotten teammates instalocking reaper. Drives me nuts. At least wait to see if the enemy comp is viable first. my rule of thumb is dps should always have at least one hit scan to start a game. Hate when I see a blind tracer/reaper combo out of the gate.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753148967?page=2#post-26

Hmmmmmm.

Wonder if Doomfist got delayed to be 25 because of reasons.
read: Terry Crews
But I wanna punch people NOW!
Guess I'll just stick with Primal Rage.

You never want to start with Reaper unless it's KOTH. You go to him if they're running triple tank with Winston or if your Soldier just isnt dealing with tanks and want to give the opposition something else to worry about.

I'd still say he's the weakest DPS which is pretty damning. He isn't unusable like before the Dva nerfs but I always feel like my Soldier/Genji has more impact and I'm a better Reaper than both of them.

Yeah I have noticed that his whole sneak around the back angle really doesn't work outside non KotH maps these days, there's not a lot he can do by himself, at least in KotH he benefits from the eternal clusterfuck.

LiK

Any other good Overwatch YT channels? I kinda want more stuff to watch.

Currently subbed to:

Unit Lost Gaming
Force Gaming
Your Overwatch
Overwatch Central
Lowersman

and a few others but I barely watch them these days. Any recs are fine.

Roxkis_ii

Currently subbed to:

Unit Lost Gaming
Force Gaming
Your Overwatch
Overwatch Central
Lowersman

Not educational, but Dinoflask's developer update videos are absolutely hilarious!

Flame's videos are educational and talk about stuff I haven't see on other channels.

Anne

If you like the type of stuff I talk about, Flame isn't bad.

I don't really watch that much casual content on YT cause I just can't get into it myself :T

adamy

Banned
stupid question, but what does the + number mean at the bottom of the screen when healing as Lucio?

I'm not talking about the number that tells you how many people you are effecting by your song. It will say healing +13 or something. I thought it might indicate how much you are healing per second, but sometimes I'll be healing people and no number shows up.

Veelk

Banned
For Reinhardt, maybe we just need more characters whose attacks can bypass his shield. I mean, he blocks everything but Symmetra's Photon Orbs, Winston's Tesla, Reinhardt's Firestrike, and some ultimates like Hanzo's Dragonstrike and Junkrat's Riptire.

And none of those are really practical. Sym's orbs move too slow, Winston has too short a range, and the firestrike has a long cooldown.

If Doomfist has a normal attack that can effectly deal damage past Reinhardt's shield, then he'd essentially function as a hard counter for him. The shield will remain valuable, but with a significant limitation.

LiK

If you like the type of stuff I talk about, Flame isn't bad.

I don't really watch that much casual content on YT cause I just can't get into it myself :T

From that one stream, I watched I enjoyed your tips. I really like the casual stuff cuz it's hard to catch up with OW's news sometimes.

antitrop

stupid question, but what does the + number mean at the bottom of the screen when healing as Lucio?

I'm not talking about the number that tells you how many people you are effecting by your song. It will say healing +13 or something. I thought it might indicate how much you are healing per second, but sometimes I'll be healing people and no number shows up.

That's how much the Fire bar is filling up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4oj74s/the_on_fire_system_explained/

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I think it's how much it added to your "On Fire" meter. When it doesn't show up, you're probably already "On Fire".

Something about invincibility when you res for you and those who come back.

If doomfist isn't the next hero I should probably buy a gold weapon for someone else, the wait for tanks is brutal.

If we get that six stack that Buttchin was mentioning, you and NDF/Biscuit Pharmercy, me Lucio/Zen/Ana, and everyone else filling the tanks and DPS role maybe it could work. We need a consistent Rein though.

Currently subbed to:

Unit Lost Gaming
Force Gaming
Your Overwatch
Overwatch Central
Lowersman

You looking for entertainment or education? Here's some of both that I watch.

Skyline
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrfc_LU0llSRI7icBFoBnw

Lot of thoughtful analysis on a variety of subjects including map tips. Open minded approach to the game. Your Overwatch's anti-Hanzo stance is a huge turn off for me for example.

Mindfuzz
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7H_8VGA2TVV3RjYgPVvWjg

Similar channel to skyline. Vod reviews and stuff. Most notable difference is the SR guide if you want to know how each bracket functions.

ProLikeChro
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkw6l3jIjVtrXom_xqftSMA

Ex-TF2 player and high level junkrat main. Does some vod stuff and has some small montage and clips there. Channel is small but he's uploading quite a bit lately

Bam
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8F0Wnb7MMKbKzaOypomfA

Ana/Hanzo player. Mostly some montages.

Yajji Gaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5D-thPUAmzHc373S8shEwQ

Off Meta player. Some guides and montages. Streams on youtube as opposed to twitch. Sometimes he plays with his friend on stream who is at a lower SR and it's interesting to see how his playstyle changes running around as Sombra. Very interactive on stream. Answers a lot of questions.

Arrge
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC23JeLi5kC_INK83MOOksdQ

Explicit Hanzo onetrick. Has hit top 500 several times but is very swingy because of the rage and throwers. Some of the anti-Hanzo rage I've seen on his stream has been pretty epic. He got into a game with Valkia the Pharah main and this swedish dude on his team had a mental breakdown from having a hanzo and a pharah one trick on his team at the same time. I think there's a clip of it on one of his videos. It's pretty edifying as a Hanzo player to see that even a guy who hit like the top 2 Hanzo's in the world still gets screamed at.

ohkay

I think a big reason why people think Roadhog and D.va helped people climb "undeservedly" this season is because the skill floor is relatively low for both of them

antitrop

I think a big reason why people think Roadhog and D.va helped people climb "undeservedly" this season is because the skill floor is relatively low for both of them

There hasn't been a season where Hog hasn't been a hard carry hero, though. D.Va was explicitly helped by the massive armor buff, but Hog has always been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom