• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan’s My Nintendo Store Will Start Taking Pre-Orders For Customizable Switch Sets

Skelter

Banned
So when does NOA and NOE get this with stock to follow?

You're able to choose the color for both the joycon and the strap, plus all a bunch of accessories. If only there was enough stock to match the demand. Still, I like this move.

omKjHWi.jpg

This is brilliant and I really hope it makes it West at some point.even at RRP, it would save me money overall not having to buy extra joyous just for the colours I want.

no purple? smh

Yeah, I'm realy hoping by the time I'm ready to buy one purple will be an option. A yellow and purple combo would be just pure sex.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This is brilliant and I really hope it makes it West at some point.even at RRP, it would save me money overall not having to buy extra joyous just for the colours I want.

Yeah, I'm realy hoping by the time I'm ready to buy one purple will be an option. A yellow and purple combo would be just pure sex.

Good god I would buy a yellow and purple combo instantly. I want extra joy cons now but I want to wait for the right color combo since otherwise I could just end up with a bunch of extra joy cons I don't need aside from aesthetics.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They are going to make so much money when they start releasing limited edition themed joy cons. I will have to buy them all :(

kubus

This has been possible since the console launched? My launch day Switch was customized :p. Consoles bought from My Nintendo Store come in a special red packaging.

They keep adding new colors as new games and Joy-Con colors come out. The colors available now have been there since July and has since been unchanged. At launch they only had Black/Red/Blue/Grey.

The bit about August is just info on when they'll start accepting and shipping orders again.

Maengun1

Odd that they're sticking with green left-only/pink right-only, for now at least. I mean, they have the shells and the paint lol.

FingerBang

Seen it a few days ago (some people shared the link ay my company). The preorders will start on the 22nd and they plan to deliver the first batch early October.

If I get it right, only a certain number of consoles will be available everyday. Expect the site to crash just like the Nintendo one.

I hope they'll do the same for other countries as well.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Needs more color options first before it's really interesting. Give me a nice navy or super famicom option.

Jeremy

They're gonna make a lot of Joy-Cons. I wonder if any will be collectible and limited in quantity, similar to how amiibo initially were. I gave up on those so I don't know how easy they are to get ahold of now.

jts

...hate me...
Funny that they never paired up the green and pink Joy-Cons. They are the only ones exclusively left and right, respectively.

They are my least favourite ones, so I really don't mind it anyway.

I just wanted to them to start selling Joy-Cons with the same color strap. Only getting grey and having to pay $8 more for same color ones is so stupid.

jts

...hate me...
I just wanted to them to start selling Joy-Cons with the same color strap. Only getting grey and having to pay $8 more for same color ones is so stupid.
You don't even get grey. You get black. And if you see the picture in the OP, actual matching grey straps do exist.

Yeah, it's so stupid. I refuse to indulge them. Black straps it is.

Given this option, I still would have gone red/blue, as I don't like the pastel choices for the other colors. Wish they'd offer deep purple in the future. White + pink would also work well.

Nice that other people have the option, though.

FingerBang

I just want you people to know that the website keeps crashing since midnight and it's impossible to load the page at the moment.

I don't know why I expected things to be different this time.

Top Bottom