• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Socom Screens - EGM blowout nest issue

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Yo guys, didn't see this posted. 1up has some new screens of socom confrontation, and there's gonna be a preview in the upcoming ish of EGM.

socom1.jpg

socom2.jpg

Is it me or did the game come a long way since its last reveal?

To refresh, here's one screen from a year ago:

media

jeffbax

Neo Member
I guess its nice for the fans, but Socom never did much for me. There's a wealth of realistic military shooters out there. I'd rather Sony devs do something more original, or merge the Socom work with the Warhawk team :)

Teknoman

Almost as good as GRAW? That looks BETTER than GRAW if you ask me. Some good MP modes, nice voice communication, and this will be a winner.

However...MGO might be all the third person tactical shooting I need. For now anyway.

Mojovonio said:
I don't think it looks all that good, but thats me.

It looks far better than it used to, and I'm pretty sure that's good enough for the massive legions of SOCOM fans hoping this one plays like the first two games.

Mojovonio

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
It looks far better than it used to, and I'm pretty sure that's good enough for the massive legions of SOCOM fans hoping this one plays like the first two games.

Looks good enough, sure.

But this is a Sony developed game. I thought it would look a little better.

tribal24 said:
the game that started it all for sony online *applause*

sneakout.jpg

:lol

Negatory, it's being developed by SlantSix, so I don't think they're working as closely with Sony as internal studios. It looks damn nice for a PSN title, but I'm of the opinion that anything Warhawk-quality or higher is sufficient for a download game...and Warhawk looks fantastic to me.

Wollan

Mojovonio said:
Looks good enough, sure.
Well it's a spin off PSN game that will be about 18months in the making when it releases.
It's not by Zipper and it's not a multi year high budget title.

Now that mgs4 has the same third person perspective as socom I wonder what special features the next socom will have that will seperate it from other shooters.

Foil

Teknoman said:
Almost as good as GRAW? That looks BETTER than GRAW if you ask me. Some good MP modes, nice voice communication, and this will be a winner.

However...MGO might be all the third person tactical shooting I need. For now anyway.

Get your eyes checked, that doesn't look better than GRAW.

soultron

Banned
onemic said:
graphics still look like ass.
I think it looks hot. Still, if it doesn't play like S1, I'll punch someone.

Hell, I'd pay $40 to have a working/cheat-free version of S1. S1 isn't that bad these days, but it's a fucking ghost town with maybe 150 people during peak hours.

jiggle said:
I thought it's Infamous blowout next issue?
With all the news Sony has been giving us this week, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a blowout on both InFamous and SOCOM: Confrontations in the next EGM.

Gattsu25

Banned
Pistolero said:
Looks good for a PSN title.
I don't get posts like this...Super Stardust HD and WOWhawk look spectacular and are PSN titles. I'd say it looks good for a SOCOM title...but then the PSP games look amazing considering the platform.

"It looks spectacular compared to the previous console SOCOMs games" might be a good statement.

Top Bottom