• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to feature Mount Panorama

Goldrusher

jjh101 said:
I study at the Mt. Panorama Motorsport Training centre Bathurst and can tell you that a large team from polyphony are currently at the track mapping it out and getting all measurements for a new game [...]

They have been there since Monday and we were wondering what they were doing, but found out yesterday who they were and what they were doing because track manage ment told us as their helicopter was going to be landing next to us during the day, Im assuming they will be there for a few more days.
jjh101 said:
Hey guys, at the track now and jut spoke with one of the guys taking photos, from my understanding of what he said it is for GT6. I recorded the conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3Qin5oKT8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GTPlanet

Great news. I'll be sure to lightly pencil it in on my 2016 calendar.

(Seriously, I hope GT6 is a launch title just for a more complete spectacle of a classic Sony launch and how it would pit GT and Forza.)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Logic says Sony will want more GT on every platform of theirs. Its a big money maker and there are lots of opportunities for asset sharing.

Sheikh

Banned
So I'm guessing they'll be using the V8 Supercars Forza had then too.

Gt series doesnt need to take anything from anywhere. GT5 is well oncourse to hit 10m in sales and even GT5P demo sold 6m. On the other hand , the other franchises are becoming irrelevant in sales with every game iteration.

If you love sims you would always love GT :)

They'll barely miss the launch window by 4 or 5 years.
SONY became too optimistic this gen and still has gotten away with it , thanks to loyal customers. I dont think they will ever make the same error of making the mistake twice and disappear from the gaming world

Danielsan

Given the quality of the premium car models in GT5 I suspect they won't have nearly as much difficulty getting GT6 up and running for a PS4 launch window.

Darklord

Banned
Gt series doesnt need to take anything from anywhere. GT5 is well oncourse to hit 10m in sales and even GT5P demo sold 6m. On the other hand , the other franchises are becoming irrelevant in sales with every game iteration.

If you love sims you would always love GT :)

What? Forza was the only game with V8 Supercars(Aside from the V8 Supercars game) but of GT6 will be featuring Bathurst then they will probably be using them now too.

Famassu

They'll barely miss the launch window by 4 or 5 years.
Meh, part of the reason why GT5 took so long was because a lot of the work they did for it was also for the future (they did insanely detailed models of all cars which were downgraded for GT5 and IIRC the physics model is easily adjustable instead of them having to build it from scratch for every game). GT6 shouldn't take nearly as long.

NinjaBoiX

Please Poly focus on the engine noises, the graphics need no improvement.
Audio definitely needs work, pretty lacklustre at the minute. I can deal with the inconsistent visuals, as they range from mediocre, to awe-inspiring. The tracks could do with tightening up visually, as could the effects, but the car models and lighting are staggering.

The main area for improvement is the menus for me. It was so annoying to see all this amazing physics and simulation work be tainted by such a godawful front end, surely a fairly simple aspect. It just needs more consistency and a more logical approach. In GT5 buttons change context or are omitted entirely seemingly at random. Custom soundtracks are largely pointless as hopping between menus interrupts it with horrible muzak. Navigating the menus can be confusing and unnecessarily awkward.

And then there are other niggles, like an awful chase camera, no free movement (really guys? In a 2011 racer?), no neutral gear (admittedly hardly a huge problem, but why?) and the inability to change down to reverse manually, no "invert y-axis" option for cockpit cam, etc. It just feels like a weird contrast of incredibly high tech and impressive, yet really quite archaic and boneheaded. A missed opportunity for me, as the actual driving is unrivalled.

-viper-

Banned
PS4 PLEASE.

Here is what PD need to do:

- Photomode graphics in real time 1080p 60FPS
- Beefy engine sounds
- Reworked damage model. Damage from the get go
- Reduce 'grinding'. A prize car for each level up!
- Stop the fucking stupid ticket system
- Streamline the menus. Functional menus just like Forza 4
- Electronic soundtrack
- Only premium cars
- Only premium tracks
- Weather on all tracks
- Improved weather effects in cockpit view
- Make career mode more interesting
- Expand on NASCAR
- Expand on WRC
- Expand on SuperGT
- Ability to save game in pitstop
- Better customisation

Simply put, GT6 needs to be bigger, badder and more badass.

There's a hell of a lot that GT could and should take from other games. I played GT5 to death, but it could have been so, so much better.

I'm not even sure where sales come into it... other than you being defensive.

BibiMaghoo

Nice find TC.

I have read somewhere that GT6 shouldnt take them long to do in comparison to GT5, as the engine itself will be the same. All they really need to do is some touchup work on models etc, and they are good to go.

I expect to see GT6 before the next Playstation is launched.

Oh God yes. Yes, yes, yes. Praise the Lord and hallelujah. Was really disappointed in GT5 but if they put Bathurst in all is (almost) forgiven.

Sheikh

Banned
There's a hell of a lot that GT could and should take from other games. I played GT5 to death, but it could have been so, so much better.

I'm not even sure where sales come into it... other than you being defensive.

It could have been better , but it is better than all sims out there and i played forza3/4 as well . GT5 offers so much for your money

In terms of quality as well as quantity GT5 offers the most when compared to other sims. As for whether GT5 has evolved from previous iterations and whether GT series needs to be evolved is up for debate

Top Bottom