• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ep5 - Eloping in the Sultry Night
Script: Hirohira Urasawa (Hirohira Mushi?)
Episode Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Storyboard: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Animation Director: Junichi Hayama

*checks ANN, still has no idea what the hullabaloo is about*

Jex

For From the New World, could be?
If only....

tumblr_l9zm9gFyKW1qdr4rp.gif

Jex

You know, one of the weirdest things about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood is that it's already been animated in movie form. Yet, for whatever reason it's never been made available on any home format. I guess that's what happens when you make something that sucks really, really bad.

fertygo

You know, one of the weirdest things about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood is that it's already been animated in movie form. Yet, for whatever reason it's never been made available on any home format.

Apparently Araki hate that movie.

Narag

You know, one of the weirdest things about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood is that it's already been animated in movie form. Yet, for whatever reason it's never been made available on any home format.

I thought it was because Araki hated it so much.

16 minute clip of the movie did pop up as part of some guy's art class though. No voices and I think the uploader added the music/sfx after the fact too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q

duckroll

You know, one of the weirdest things about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood is that it's already been animated in movie form. Yet, for whatever reason it's never been made available on any home format. I guess that's what happens when you make something that sucks really, really bad.

Trailer (warning contains major spoilers for the current anime): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET66vpUHcOs

16 mins of animation from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q

Judge for yourself!

Firemind

Today is the day of reckoning. All shows hereafter shall henceforth be judged by this forthcoming spectacle of the ages. When inquiring individuals ask what is the most important day of your lives, you will answer with October 6th 2012. When you are fighting off the robot invasion, you will scream the convictions of the well-defined characters that grace this magnum opus. When you have grandchildren, you will tell the elevated tale with exuberance. When you are on your deathbed, you will reminiscence this experience of a lifetime. Ladies and gentlemen, we have truly been blessed to be alive for this momentous occasion.

BluWacky

Today is the day of reckoning. All shows hereafter shall henceforth be judged by this forthcoming spectacle of the ages. When inquiring individuals ask what is the most important day of your lives, you will answer with October 6th 2012. When you are fighting off the robot invasion, you will scream the convictions of the well-defined characters that grace this magnum opus. When you have grandchildren, you will tell the elevated tale with exuberance. When you are on your deathbed, you will reminiscence this experience of a lifetime. Ladies and gentlemen, we have truly been blessed to be alive for this momentous occasion.

Who knew you were so excited about Haitai Nanafu?

/XX/

Apparently Araki hate that movie.
I thought it was because Araki hated it so much.

16 minute clip of the movie did pop up as part of some guy's art class though. No voices and I think the uploader added the music/sfx after the fact too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUDdJRvn2Q
Well, yeah, but what's done is done... and forgetting about its existence does a disservice to those that took their time to make that work, in my opinion.

Jex

This episode of Sword Art Online is going to be another let down, isn't it?

duckroll

Despite what the guy who uploaded the Jojo footage to Youtube said, it doesn't appear to be 16 minutes of "random footage" from the movie. Rather, it appears to be the first 16 minutes of the film, complete with placeholder layout boards and placeholder credit screens. Since those 16 minutes cover much of the same material the first episode of the new series did, I think it makes a fair comparison. I would say that even though the movie appears to have way better production values, the new series nails it so much better in pretty much every single way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 1

ibni2PiEo6VFPQ.gif

Straight off the bat I must say that the concerns about the art style were completely shattered by this. In motion the show works. I love that they still manage to capture Araki's more detailed style through the use of emphasis shot and even the slightly strange colours from the covers gets a look in as great mood setters.

As a JoJo fan, what I've seen so far has pleased me. Lets hope they also managed to please Araki as well. HA HA.

And it is quite strange to hear an English track for the ED but if you know anything about Araki you'd know how appropriate it is.

Wait so why were you guys all hyped up about a deleted Twitter link?

In short, Mitsuo Iso is one of the greatest animators of all time and he's been pretty much absent from the industry after his labor of love Dennou Coil failed to find success. The only bit of work he's done since then is animation under a pseudonym on Welcome to the Space Show - a film from the team of Koji Masunari (Magi) and Masashi Ishihama (From the New World). Could he at long last be making a real comeback in one of those two shows?!

wsippel

Banned
Anyone got any suggestions for a school life/action hybrid anime? Preferably not full-on mystical or fantasy.
Tenjou Tenge is the only one that comes to mind if the school part is actually important, and even that has some fantasy and scifi elements. Ben-To has no fantasy elements and the main characters all visit highschool, but the fights happen elsewhere and have nothing to do with the school. Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple has some fantasy elements but school life isn't really that important. If you can deal with some more fantasy, Beelzebub, Medaka Box and, depending on your tolerance for fanservice, Ikki Tousen might be worth a look. Those shows all have fights between schools, or factions at a school (though Medaka Box doesn't really show its true colors until the 10th or 11th episode of the first season).

duckroll

cMvxT.jpg

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

Director: Keitaro Motonaga (School Days, Jormungand)
Character Design: Hisashi Hirai (SEED, SEED, and more SEED)
Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (firehawk)
Animation Production: Doga Kobo (Natsuyuki) & Orange (Macross Frontier and Akito the Exiled CG)

Lololol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://i.imgur.com/cMvxT.jpg

Ginga Kikousentai Majestic Prince

Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
Animation Production: Doga Kobo (Natsuyuki) & Orange (Macross Frontier and Akito the Exiled CG)

Lololol.

aocjx.gif

yessssssssssss.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 1

Also, I see Araki's inability to draw children has translated over to the anime.
Well they are British children.

Oh man, I'm normally rather strong in my stance of being dub only in my Vidyas and Japanamations, but I really like JoJo's...I'm not sure if I can stand the wait and uncertainty of the series' US release.
If a US release means a US dub you're better off ignoring it. British dub for British characters which means it'll never happen.

fyi the transparency in your avatar looks awful in NeoGAF Pro Dark
Pro Dark is the mortal enemy of my avatar. Also not trying to be a dick, but having a YotsubaB'd avatar while criticising the transparency of another avatar doesn't exactly do you any favours.

Hipster Girl is better nick for Chuu2byou.
The hipster experts of AnimeGAF informed me that she isn't a hipster. I, going by the dictionary's definition, disagree, but I'm not really going to bother taking the point any further.

Jo
ke
Jo
ke

Is this show for real?!
Yes it is, but judging by what you say, what you watched wasn't. Clearly you had a nightmare of some kind and mistook it for reality. May I suggest watching the real deal to remove that bitter taste?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait so why were you guys all hyped up about a deleted Twitter link?
Because Dennou Coil looked great.

Now I feel bad about leaving it on hold.
Well they are British children.
That's racist.
Pro Dark is the mortal enemy of my avatar. Also not trying to be a dick, but having a YotsubaB'd avatar while criticising the transparency of another avatar doesn't exactly do you any favours.
Yotsuwhat?

From the New World 2
tumblr_mbghlc5Yl51qapu8qo1_500.gif

Satoru is hilarious, though why is she always beating him like that, upwards of three times now?

I think the whole games in the episode was really interesting. I love the use of magic/Cantus in the series as well as its varied uses in both crafting the objects as well as controlling their pushers and defenders. Satoru is really good still and my favorite character, though Shun must be praised
for his excellence in both scheming as well as prowess. The whole cover the whole scheme was pure ingenious and I thought Satoru would give it away. And Ill say Saki too with the Queerat incident. I wonder if we will ever see actual offensive magics. They seemed to almost mention it when it was revealed or rather detailed as to what happens when two magics clash and the rainbow forms and something else that I didnt quite catch. Being that there is a Code of Virtue, Im kind of afraid of what may happen to the people who break rules. Manubu(sp?) was an interesting character but that pesky Trickster Cat or whatever :/

I thought the music during the tournament thing sounded off, or rather a bit too modern for the type of world this takes place in...

cMvxT.jpg

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince

Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida (firehawk)

Lololol.

Everybody making comebacks these days.

fertygo

God, I hate Hirai's chara design so much.. why they not just use the manga design, they're not less generic to animate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom