• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine's Stacking Coming Soon To PC

V_Ben

Banned
From their G4 "Best Downloadable Game" Acceptance Video

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56650/best-of-2011-best-downloadable-game/

0ar01.png

Yep, awesome. Go Double Fine.

Jintor

Well spotted! I can't remember if they own the IP for this, but their XBLA publisher was THQ right, and they did Costume Quest for those guys, right? So I think they do... let me check that.

Chuck

Still without luck
Will buy this again. One of the best downloadable games of the year and now with better frame-rate and higher resolution! :D

V_Ben

Banned
Well spotted! I can't remember if they own the IP for this, but their XBLA publisher was THQ right, and they did Costume Quest for those guys, right? So I think they do... let me check that.

I think they might have bought the rights back for the game, like they did with costume quest.

Easy day one purchase. Costume Quest, Trenched being in Steam's registry, and now Stacked...I love that they're showing PC some love.

V_Ben

Banned
Now I just need Trenched... or whatever they changed the name to. Microsoft published that one right?

Iron Brigade... and Microsoft didn't just publish it, they own the whole IP. So a PC version is totally up to them. Yep, we're probably doomed.

Easy day one purchase. Costume Quest, Trenched being in Steam's registry, and now Stacked...I love that they're showing PC some love.

WHAT. WHAT WHAT WHAT. WHAT.

Orayn

Fantastisch! Hopefully we get Trenched/Iron Brigade as well, assuming the words of the Steam-oracle are true.

wwm0nkey

Fantastisch! Hopefully we get Trenched/Iron Brigade as well, assuming the words of the Steam-oracle are true.

Considering Sonic and Alan Wake where spotted on the registry before they where officially announced its very safe to assume its going to hit PC as well.

Lijik

If Iron Brigrade really is coming to steam, then all I want for christmas is for someone to buy the rights to Brutal Legend for Double Fine so I can play it on my pc

Orayn

If Iron Brigrade really is coming to steam, then all I want for christmas is for someone to buy the rights to Brutal Legend for Double Fine so I can play it on my pc

They're probably working on an remastered version as a free pre-order bonus with Brutal Legend 2. :3

The one thing I didn't like about this game (caused me to not finish it) was how bad it performed on the 360. Awful aliasing, and the bad framerate in conjunction with the strong DOF gave me a bad headache after a few minutes.

With any luck this PC version will be able to take care of all of those issues I had, AND include the dlc!

ToD_

Will buy again. Still have to complete 'the Lost Hobo King' on the PS3, but I'll probably do that on the PC now :)

Dambrosi

Banned
I LOVED this game on PS3, so stoked that it won Best Downloadable Game of 2011 from G4, great news to hear it's coming to PC. Now the Master Race can see what all the fuss is about.

This game deserves all the sales it gets, and then some.

Chesskid1

Banned
interesting. i played the demo and didn't really like it tbh, but it's just a demo, will probably pick it up on PC to support double fine, do want some CQ2.

Will buy! I assumed this was coming with Iron Brigade in the registry and the fact that they left the NPC dialogue about Stacking "coming soon" in the PC version of Costume Quest.

Aaron

Gimme this and Iron Brigade, and you can have my monies. Even though Psychonauts is bugged on the PC for me, and I can't advance at all in it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The one thing I didn't like about this game (caused me to not finish it) was how bad it performed on the 360. Awful aliasing, and the bad framerate in conjunction with the strong DOF gave me a bad headache after a few minutes.

I had the same problem. The issues you mentioned plus the way the character bobbed up and down as you moved around meant I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes without feeling like shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm really looking forward to this game. Hopefully it comes out sooner than later.

Dascu

Personally not that interested in the game, but nice to see DoubleFine's console output making the move to PC.

RedSwirl

Goddamnit what's with all this shit I end up buying on 360 first that comes out on PC later?! Shit. I really hope someone can pull the Skyrim save file transfer trick with this game.

Top Bottom