• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

amnesiac

Goldeneye would be incredible but obviously would never happen. Just like the 360 remake :(

In for Perfect Dark and Banjo, not sure about Battletoads though...

hawk2025

It seems like this release of Battletoads will not have the embossed cover or the sound chip inside the gatefold, though.

It seems like this release of Battletoads will not have the embossed cover or the sound chip inside the gatefold, though.

yeah this is the regular pressing, having a soundchip in all of them would probably be very expensive.

will be getting Battletoads, have to give Perfect Dark a listen though beforehand. Have no recollection of it.

(and both cover arts Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie are kind of ...questionable :D vefy fan-art-ish)

hawk2025

yeah this is the regular pressing, having a soundchip in all of them would probably be very expensive.

will be getting Battletoads, have to give Perfect Dark a listen though beforehand. Have no recollection of it.

(and both cover arts Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie are kind of ...questionable :D)

I'd take a $35 price on that one as well for a full release :(

The Perfect Dark soundtrack is great! Give a few samples a listen, it's really well-done and fitting.

Weetrick

My sister surprised me with the HotTopic Mega Man Vinyl. It's gorgeous! I'm afraid of playing it and having my needle scratch it :(

robotrock

Banned

(and both cover arts Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie are kind of ...questionable :D vefy fan-art-ish)

All three are fan art

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but on their facebook Data said that Streets of Rage and Shenmue could possibly already ship in August.

hawk2025

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but on their facebook Data said that Streets of Rage and Shenmue could possibly already ship in August.

And that they will reveal DATA-003 and DATA-004 very soon, and that they will be coming out much faster once pre-orders open.

Am I the only one who thinks the Banjo cover is terrible in a great way?

banjos' is just a strange take on the cover, but the idea is fine.

Perfect Dark looks straight up unfinished. Joanna looks speedpainted and it's like her gun is missing a barrel as the gunsmoke is coming out of thin air?

tav7623

I'm not big on vinyl (in fact I've never owned or bought a vinyl record prior to this year when I backed a Kickstarter for a Shadow Man inspired metal album. The tier I backed at had a bunch of stuff including a colored vinyl along with a 7 in picture disc), but I will be jumping on those Battletoads & Streets of Rage 2 vinyls as I loved both games growing up.

hawk2025

Haven't played the game in a while (or own the vinyl), but it's very much EDM. It's a little arcade game for Leap Motion and iPad, that is synched to music, ALA REZ.

Entire thing is streaming on Bandcamp if you are interested.

https://doublefine.bandcamp.com/album/dropchord-2

Thanks, I'll give it a listen.

It's probably best to give this a pass for now, what with the amount of money I'll be spending tomorrow with the three Rare releases.

Atrophis

Holy shit how did I not know there's a Brutal Legend LP! :O

Talking of Perfect Dark, I played the ever loving crap out of the game when it came out but cant remember the soundtrack at all.

emb

Tried to grab the Banjo one... was sold out already. My clock still said 1:00 PM.

Ah well, worth a shot.

tav7623

It's not excessive when fucking scampers snatch them all up. Missed Battletoads and it was the only one I wanted!

Fuck.

That's weird both Battletoads & Banjo Kazooie are still showing up for me as being available for pre-order (both on my phone web browser and Firefox)

emb

After a few shots, Banjo took me to Paypal and let me enter that info... then said out of stock afterward. Now I presume that it's actually sold out.

Edit: Actually after a few more, I got it. I think. Now I kinda half regret the 50 dollar impulse buy and the future soundtrack records it might lead me to buy... but hey, why not.

robotrock

Banned
After a few shots, Banjo took me to Paypal and let me enter that info... then said out of stock afterward. Now I presume that it's actually sold out.

Yeah now Banjo and Battletoads are saying out of stock again. I have to imagine this is a glitch. They couldn't actually sell 6,000 copies of these right

hawk2025

It's just site glitches. I just ordered all three.

The shipping cost is fixed, by the way, so shipping was $12 for the whole ordeal.

MLCodest

Got Banjo and Battletoads after freaking out that were sold out for a little. Site appears to be working better now.

robotrock

Banned
It's just site glitches. I just ordered all three.

The shipping cost is fixed, by the way, so shipping was $12 for the whole ordeal.

I'm pissed because I ended up making two orders. One was Battletoads+Banjo and I had to pay $12 shipping on that, and the other was Perfect Dark and I had to pay another $12 shipping on that.

Top Bottom